Thread: Riverstone Terraces in Upper Hutt?

Bike
    2007 ZX-14

Riverstone Terraces in Upper Hutt?

Any KB'ers live there? We're considering buying a place there as it seems quite good value for money, and pretty quiet/family orientated - but just wondered if anyone has any first-hand feedback??

Thanks,

Matt
    Better to keep quiet and have people think you're stupid than open your mouth and prove it!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Go find your own advice, you bloody snob.

Place is covenanted to death. Are you building or buying an exisiting home? I rather suspect that the ROI if you build will be measured over decades due to the costs of complying with the covenants.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    CBR150 Bucket
    Wouldn't live over there for quids mate. There's a gas seeps out of the ground over there that makes people a bit strange.

Bike
    Yeah Baby!
    Good value if you get a big section and house. A bit windy for a "suburb" though. No shops (like Belmont Domain AAARRRGGHHH), schools or pub.
    Some things are worth dying for, living is one of them.

Bike
    None - sad jazz hands! (Ex-06 GN250)
    Friends of ours lived up there. Had a big house and section. Part of it was a bit steep, though...the wife broke her ankle on the steep part...

They've moved to Melbourne now.

Always thought the house and section was quite nice, but no shops or anything up there and it can be a bit of a b-aitch getting out of that intersection...
    Me and my imaginary friend have been goin' round the bend for some time now....

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    ceebie13 lives up that way - PM him.

Was that you I pulled up next to at Silverstream lights going north the other day?
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    One of my bosses lives up there... had the house built. No lawn for a while 'cause the grass seed blew away. Internet and phone by Telecom only. No shops, schools etc. Convenants out your ears.

I considered buying there too. Looked at it all and said fuck that.

Bike
    Bandit 250(for sale), 636
    I helped work on a show house up there when it was all new, great view from the top of an un-finished roof, dunno what its like now.
    1990 Suzuki Bandit GSF 250 for sale 39k kms $3,500

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 1050
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    ceebie13 lives up that way
    This is true...I do! In fact we're about to build house number 3 up here we like it so much. In a rental at the mo while new house is being built. Contrary to the majority of comments, we've never had an issue with covenants or grass seed. Windy? Yes but that's Wellington for ya so no change there then. Family orientated? Yes very much so, although as a professional couple, Mrs Ceebie and I find it ideal too.
    Shops? Not at present, but you never know. But I'm not averse to jumping on the bike or into the cage. Wouldn't want shops or pubs on my doorstep anyway but thats just me. Schools? Not on the subdiv but a free school bus delivers the kids to and from. Nice folk? Goes without saying. Bikers? Quite a few. Don't know of any others on KB though. Intersection access? About to be sorted as part of the Moonshine Road/Hutt River overbridge problem - Might get dedicated lights, but is definately being moved a few hundred metres further South.

Matt, you'll notice most of the adverse comments are from peeps who haven't actually experienced living here first hand, so as Riff says, by all means PM me and come over for a cook's tour and a cuppa. Then you can make your own mind up.
    Rich.

"...You're gonna have to face it, your dick needs a rub" Robert Palmer "Addicted to Love"

Bike
    2007 ZX-14
    Thanks for all the feedback - will PM ceebie13 and hopefully get some insider info - seems like a good place tbh, and most of the covenants aren't too bad (apart from keeping the grass less than 100mm tall!!).

Probably was me Riffer - I seem to be the only big bloke on an ER-6

Matt
    Better to keep quiet and have people think you're stupid than open your mouth and prove it!

Bike
    Nothing, broke it, no $$ for a new one
    We looked at Riverstone Terraces when we were looking around to buy but the houses up there all seemed more expensive than similar houses elsewhere (we ended up in Totara Park which is just as lovely, much better serviced and cheaper, IMHO).

What put us off was the absence of facilities (and the fact that the houses were outside our price range, LOL). No shops, no bars, no schools, no kindy, no parks etc. And whilst it looks close to Upper Hutt, in reality it's ages away if you don't want to be taking a vehicle. Wouldn't have fancied crossing River Road anyway, even if we had wanted to walk for ages just to get milk...!

But that's just my opinion and the thoughts we had when we were looking around. It is lovely up there, just not right for us. All depends on what you're after

Hope you manage to catch up with ceebie and get some good advice from someone who actually lives up there
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Thread Information