Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Aprilia Eprom

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO

New Aprilia Eprom

Well after trying my friends new Eprom that he got for his Factory Tuono was vey dissapointed had a bad flat spot at 4000 to 6500rpm & fueling low down was dodgy so took it out & sent it back to Guy that made the Chip & talked to him about what it was doing & what it went like & what may have gone wrong with it as the same chip was Mint in his bike , turned out that it some how got Currupted & made the ECU get the wrong information "Eg bike ran like SHIT !" Today the new Eprom arrived & went through the careful job of not damaging it while putting it into my RSVR . Wasn't till after the wifey got home at 4pm that I was able to try this Eprom out so headed of for a test run through some of my back roads . Was blown away with the difference it has made through out the whole bikes Rev range & the very Aggressive power delivery over the RP58 standard Chip . Low down fueling below 3000rpm is very clean & crisp as is 6th gear roll on's from 4000rpm . If anyone with a 03 or less RSV/RSVR or Tuono that is interested in getting one let me know & can put you onto the Guy that is writting these for about $150 they are a excellent Performance boost to ya Aprilia

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Remembering of course that the 00 RSVs only had 44 psi fuel pressure and then it got hiked up to 48 psi for 01. I only know this cos I bought a factory pro chip that had been set for the 00 model. I just dropped the pressure to 44 and it runs sweet....except for under 3 k where it's pretty lumpy.
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    CBR150 Bucket
    Yeah man,
    I want to know more. My bike has dna filter, been derestricted with wire-clip, has a Renegade full exhaust and PC3 mapped at Motomart. Totally got rid of the flat spot with excellent throttle response through rev range. Runs a little rough on small, steady throttle openings tho. Has been richened up a bit and that helps but I would love to try a new chip. There must still be some performance to be had.
    Last edited by Clivoris; 20th December 2006 at 21:53. Reason: Spelling

Bike
    don't lie sensei.

you have no friends, even shaun said you were a ginger tosser. and he should know

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    Quote Originally Posted by bluninja View Post
    Remembering of course that the 00 RSVs only had 44 psi fuel pressure and then it got hiked up to 48 psi for 01. I only know this cos I bought a factory pro chip that had been set for the 00 model. I just dropped the pressure to 44 and it runs sweet....except for under 3 k where it's pretty lumpy.
    That is true with the fueling , sounds like something still isn't tuned quite right if you have a poor low-end smoothness

Quote Originally Posted by Clivoris View Post
    Yeah man,
    I want to know more. My bike has dna filter, been derestricted with wire-clip, has a Renegade full exhaust and PC3 mapped at Motomart. Totally got rid of the flat spot with excellent throttle response through rev range. Runs a little rough on small, steady throttle openings tho. Has been richened up a bit and that helps but I would love to try a new chip. There must still be some performance to be had.
    Would have thought with a custom Map for the PC3 the fueling would have been Mint from idle right through , Shouldn't there have been a Eprom for the Renegade Full system as have read alot about the Eproms that go with them ? . My RSVR is Sweet as & crisp low down compared to the old chip which would get lumpy under 3000rpm in town & on the road . Not anymore

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    Did more looking into the Fuel pressures as i had read about it & came up with this

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...ghlight=eproms

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...ight=regulator

have a read through the posts . Have a Dealer here in New Plymouth that does FIM Eproms which are bloody good as rated on AF1 web site .

Bike
    CBR150 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Would have thought with a custom Map for the PC3 the fueling would have been Mint from idle right through , Shouldn't there have been a Eprom for the Renegade Full system as have read alot about the Eproms that go with them ? . My RSVR is Sweet as & crisp low down compared to the old chip which would get lumpy under 3000rpm in town & on the road . Not anymore
    Didn't get the chip with the pipes, they was a tardme deal. Renegade said that a PC3 should do the job. I decided to not run their airbox cos the one I had was leaky all over the place. It may have been damaged in some way but another Aprilia guy is running it anyway. The burbling I get on small, steady throttle openings doesn't impair performance at all. Crisp throttle response and free revving. Pulls hard and clean from low revs. Just curious about the chip you have used cos some changes to timing or something might improve things further, especially if it is $150. Did get my wheels painted black today and it's way better than the red IMHO. Can't post pic cos wife has the camera at her boyfriends place.
    Last edited by Clivoris; 21st December 2006 at 19:24. Reason: clarifying info.

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    PC3 will work better with a better Eprom as all you are doing with it is cleaning up any fueling/mapping discrepancy's , this Eprom is only for 01/02/03 Apirlia's so will ask dean if he has a 05 Chip that may work for you .

Bike
    CBR150 Bucket
    Dude. My bike is an 03 Mille with the fairings and clip-ons banished to wrist-ache land. You might have visited there once or twice? Hence the interest.

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    Mine has had $1000 after market bars put on it by last owner as with the $$$$ CNC Foot rests which both are fully adjustable so bike is bliss to ride for long distance's . So Eprom should work if 03 Mille .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSVR1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	48901  

Bike
    CBR150 Bucket
    That bike was a good score Sensei.

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    Yep very happy with it looked hard to found a sweet deal & lucky this showed up meet the owner the day I brought it was to much ! . Bike has always felt abit restricted even with the Air box done K/N & open Akrapovic race pipe on it but now with the new Eprom feels much more alive !

Bike
    CBR150 Bucket
    I was very disappointed with original power and its delivery. Much happier now.

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    I sold my very Quick GSXR1000 K3 for the RSVR but Less is more !

Bike
    Bikes!
    Hmmm, Sensei, you look suspiciously like a small dog! Nice bike though

Thread Information