Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biker clocked at 154MPH (and everything I hate about biased reporting)

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

Biker clocked at 154MPH (and everything I hate about biased reporting)

I wouldn't normally put a link to a news item in here, but this is a classic case of biased reporting.

No complaints at the biker being arrested for doing 154mph (250kmph?) - in fact I'm amazed he did not get the book thrown at him and a prison sentence.

What does annoy me is the reporter here using the AVERAGE speed of the F1 race at Silverstone in comparison to the TOP speed the bike was recorded doing.

Talk about using figures in an unfair way to make your point.

Yet another case of sensationalism over news - of course, if some of the grubbier tabloids had reported this, it would have been "Death Bike Goes Faster Than Schumaker On Public Road"... grrr
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    2020 Honda Rebel 500
    Yes I'm sure he didn't know what speed he was doing

How did the cop catch up to him? haha
    /end communication

Bike
    2001 Yamaha FAZER 600S
    Idiot here in Plymouth got flashed by a camera doing 145 in a 40 zone a few months back.I know the road he did it on and the cretin needs psychiatric help,all but suicidal.Best bit is he was coming home from work on his normal route,one of Plymouth`s main commuter stretches, and that camera`s been there for 3 years,what else can you say but ?

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Chris Davies, defending, said Elmore had not realised he had been speeding on the A449 near Usk, Monmouthshire.

He said, "He does not recollect driving at that speed - he was shocked to discover it and cannot offer any explanation.
    What a load of shit, how can you not realise you are doing more than twice the speed limit. The fuckwit should be banned for life if that is a reflection of his ability to read speed.

The lawyer is just a lying piece of shit as well.

Bike
    Cali 111 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by spudchucka
    What a load of shit, how can you not realise you are doing more than twice the speed limit. The fuckwit should be banned for life if that is a reflection of his ability to read speed.

The lawyer is just a lying piece of shit as well.
    The lawyer would have been hiding behind the old "I have been instructed to by my client ......." That way they get to say utter farken crap and get away with it.
    Not a good advertisement for Ducati riders though, huh?

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    The lawyer would have been hiding behind the old "I have been instructed to by my client ......." That way they get to say utter farken crap and get away with it.
    Not a good advertisement for Ducati riders though, huh?
    You are right of course but the prick knows he is talking shit on behalf of the arsehole, he is no better than if he was constructing the lies himself in my opinion.

Bike
    Cali 111 Guzzi
    You are right of course but the prick knows he is talking shit on behalf of the arsehole, he is no better than if he was constructing the lies himself in my opinion.
    He probabley did construct the lies, but is he gonna admit it?
    Also, that dude must have had a charmed life if he has got away with only minor tickets before.

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    the only way I can imagine that happened is if the guys has some short term amnesia. 250odd kms takes some getting too and even on a busa or zX12 it doesn't just happen... 150k can sure come up quick on those bikes but not 250!
    I'll bet that bloke Wayne Solman (sp?) who got the jail term for speeding on his ZX-9 will be pissed!

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkiwi
    the only way I can imagine that happened is if the guys has some short term amnesia. 250odd kms takes some getting too and even on a busa or zX12 it doesn't just happen... 150k can sure come up quick on those bikes but not 250!
    I'll bet that bloke Wayne Solman (sp?) who got the jail term for speeding on his ZX-9 will be pissed!
    Yeh,you can creep up to 150-160 on one without really noticing,but at 250 you know you're moving no matter what you're riding....
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    What a load of shit, how can you not realise you are doing more than twice the speed limit.
    Should ask Helen (the teflon lady) that one. Busy working in the back seat...yeah right.

Doesn't everyone check out the top speed of their bike once ?
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano
    Should ask Helen (the teflon lady) that one. Busy working in the back seat...yeah right.

Doesn't everyone check out the top speed of their bike once ?
    Helen's mob were allegedly doing 130 - 140. Not 250 - big difference.

Sure folks check out their bikes potential, it happens, but don't think that will stand up as a defence for what is essentially outright stupidity.

Bike
    Helen's mob were allegedly doing 130 - 140. Not 250 - big difference.

Sure folks check out their bikes potential, it happens, but don't think that will stand up as a defence for what is essentially outright stupidity.
    Helen's mob were still allegedly doing twice the speed limit, and knew it, which was my point.

mmmmmmm deserted back roads, mates at each end, no driveways - stupidity ??

Sounds like a drag meet to me.

Anyways, call me stupid - I couldn'y really give a f*ck. I enjoy speeding.

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Cali 111 Guzzi
    Helen's mob were still allegedly doing twice the speed limit, and knew it, which was my point.

mmmmmmm deserted back roads, mates at each end, no driveways - stupidity ??

Sounds like a drag meet to me.

Anyways, call me stupid - I couldn'y really give a f*ck. I enjoy speeding.
    Ya dont want to believe all you read, or maybe you do? To do twice the seed limt must mean they stopped for a pint of CD somewhere

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    Ya dont want to believe all you read, or maybe you do? To do twice the seed limt must mean they stopped for a pint of CD somewhere
    We generally base our opinions on the information provided, and I believe that Helen's motorcade was speeding. I don't believe everything I read, but Helen did not deny that they were speeding, simply that she had no knowledge of any alleged speeding, thus distancing herself from any accusations. Read between the lines.......Simple political spin doctoring.

I was once told to believe 15% of what you read and 75% of what you see.

Bike
    Cali 111 Guzzi
    We generally base our opinions on the information provided, and I believe that Helen's motorcade was speeding. I don't believe everything I read, but Helen did not deny that they were speeding, simply that she had no knowledge of any alleged speeding, thus distancing herself from any accusations. Read between the lines.......Simple political spin doctoring.

I was once told to believe 15% of what you read and 75% of what you see.
    Yup, gotta watch them spin doctors alrighty. One half says no idea, covering the self same butts. The other ones say twice the legal limit, thus making more political mileage out of summit thats nowt.

Thread Information