Thread: Biker injured by bear

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

Biker injured by bear

A motorcyclist was injured when his bike collided with a black bear Monday on the West Virginia Turnpike. State police say the accident occurred while the bear crossed the road. Officials said the bear was hit by a second vehicle then crawled to the side of the road and died.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Any old-time readers of uk.rec.motorcycles will find this hilarious.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    I've been injured by *beer* a few times.

Never while riding.

My bike.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Cali 111 Guzzi
    The bike probabley had factory quiet zorsts fitted and the bear never heard it approaching.

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Got a mate living in Oregon that hit a bear on his bike.
    At lest with possums you don't have to worry about them getting up an ripping ya' head off.Me mate spent the night in a tree

Bike
    1989, Yamaha VT250R
    The Bears over there carry side arms dont they?

Bike
    Cali 111 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhorn
    The Bears over there carry side arms dont they?
    One very large arm with a VERY large paw attatched on each side is all they need

My brother rides his dirt bike around trails in Vancouver - bears are his biggest worry,if he sees a bear turd he's outa there with eyes pointing everywhere.He's seen them on the trail,then it's U turn on a steep track on the side of a mountain,keeping quiet then bugger off.Apparently they are very,very fast!
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Cali 111 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    My brother rides his dirt bike around trails in Vancouver - bears are his biggest worry,if he sees a bear turd he's outa there with eyes pointing everywhere.He's seen them on the trail,then it's U turn on a steep track on the side of a mountain,keeping quiet then bugger off.Apparently they are very,very fast!
    Did you hear the interview with the dude in the States that survived a brown bear attack? Managed to plasy dead long enough that Mama Bear left him after briefly slapping him around. Said it sounded like a frieght train on top of him and he considered himself lucky she only slapped him, said that felt powerful enough. Not too bad, only took ten days to a fortnight to come right

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom
    Any old-time readers of uk.rec.motorcycles will find this hilarious.
    When I was looking around for a bike forum to join when I started biking, so around 10 years ago now, a mate recommended uk.rec.motorcycles to me - and added "You need a robust sense of humour". So I had a look - and never went back.

I still remember it to this day. Someone new to biking (I guess) asked an innocent question. And got a load of abuse from a lot of the regulars, finishing with 'Bear' (or Bastard Bear to use his 'full name') calling him a "F**king tosspot w*nker who if he doesn't even know that should get off his f*cking bike and give it to someone who knows what they're doing" - or something very similar.

Robust humour? If thats funny, I'd rather be po-faced thanks!

Understand there was a bit of a turning against Bear and he is very much shunted to the side these days - but still not going in there to look! Dunno if anyone else uses UKRM who knows better?

At least when it kicks off in here, it is normally handled in a reasonable way -
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Thread Information