Thread: Bikers form anti-child abuse chapter in ACT

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

Bikers form anti-child abuse chapter in ACT

Bikers United Against Child Abuse officially launched their Canberra chapter yesterday at the Legislative Assembly. They pledged to lend their financial and physical support to fight the growing incidence of child abuse around the country.

Spokesman Michael Tharme said the group, now with chapters in every capital city except Hobart and Darwin, had been kicked into being after reading in the media "of yet another case of child abuse".

"There are about 550 reports [of abuse] in Australia every day – about every three minutes a child is abused somewhere. We love our motorbikes, but we also love our kids and decided something had to be done," Mr Tharme said "Bikers might look big, dirty and ugly, but most of these guys are family men."

He said the group would raise money through events such as charity collections and local rides, and would also lend help to Barnardos, the group which will be handling the money raised by the bikers.

But Mr Tharme said the philosophy of protecting children did not extend to vigilante action against known abusers or those suspected of abusing. "That's for the police, not us," he said, emphasising the group's core actions as fund-raising and assisting Barnardos and the children.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Possibly a good idea, Bob, but their spokesman didn't exactly make himself popular here. See this thread:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=1842
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Kawasaki en 450 LTD
    personally I don't condone mistreatment of anything or anyone including children abusing their parents, I can't really see the point of this organisation, what do they hope to achieve, they would be far better off to just be bikers that fund raise for good causes, everything from barnados through to the spca

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by toads
    personally I don't condone mistreatment of anything or anyone including children abusing their parents, I can't really see the point of this organisation, what do they hope to achieve, they would be far better off to just be bikers that fund raise for good causes, everything from barnados through to the spca
    Have a look at that old thread, toads. Whatever they are, they ain't too smart.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by celticno6
    Possibly a good idea, Bob, but their spokesman didn't exactly make himself popular here.
    Nostalgia... Those guys were a real bunch of dicks. They shouldn't be allowed out unsupervised or anywhere near impressionable minds!
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Shit that was funny!!!! I miss those threads - everything seems to be a bit pc again on here.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by wkid_one
    Shit that was funny!!!! I miss those threads - everything seems to be a bit pc again on here.
    Sniff. I'm quite proud of my efforts on that thread. The good old days, eh.

[Edit: Ahhhhhh, yes... "a bunch of rednecks getting excited about a badly-thought-out justification to behave like badasses". Tell me. Tell me I got class!]
    - mikey

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom
    Tell me. Tell me I got class!
    You got class, you da man!
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    You got class, you da man!
    Yeah! Yeah! Gimme some!
    - mikey

Bike
    2001 Yamaha FAZER 600S
    The American(original?) group of these guys were shown on some documentary about the time of the thread the guys are talking about Bob.Sadly they were a real bunch of tossers and a group of them had been thrown off of a plane over an incident involving some guy telling his kid off,2 very different versions of that one but it was the fat lads with the bandanas that the Police lifted.I can see it working if a few handy blokes went around on the quiet to known and convicted perves and said "we know who you are and we`re watching you" but these goons were turning up en masse and it only would have taken one hot-head and you`ve got a bad situation.I`ve known of one case locally when a convicted paedophile was moved(by his f***ing social workers!! )into a flat on an estate full of young kids.All it took was for the guy to be made aware that his filthy habits were known and he was being watched ALL the time and he moved out,no threats,no swearing even,he just didn`t want to be around with people knowing what he was,these scum tend not to be very heroic that`s why they do what they do.No need for mass muscle-flexing,threats or panicking everyone else on this estate,just a couple of well-built gents "having a quiet word",of course he was re-located with more of taxpayers money and hidden away somewhere else where he`s someone else`s problem.A final note on how great social services are,he was rumbled when one of his victim`s family saw him being moved in,about 5 minutes walk from the scene of his crimes,sometimes words fail me.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    That thread was beautiful.

Trying to work out what was being said was at times difficult with the edited/deleted replys.

Oh well, off to work now on my sub 750cc "toy".

Thread Information