Thread: Speed camera bike condemned

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

Speed camera bike condemned

A speed camera motorbike has caused anger in Wiltshire, England after drivers were fined £55,000 in just 38 hours. The bike – a Honda Dauville - has been on the road for just two hours a day since it was introduced.

It is used in places like country lanes where other cameras can't operate. But it's been condemned by the RAC, which says speed awareness courses would work better than tickets.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    2001 Suzuki GSF250V
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    A speed camera motorbike has caused anger in Wiltshire, England after drivers were fined £55,000 in just 38 hours. The bike – a Honda Dauville - has been on the road for just two hours a day since it was introduced.

It is used in places like country lanes where other cameras can't operate. But it's been condemned by the RAC, which says speed awareness courses would work better than tickets.
    Seems to be making them pretty aware as is.
    Look, it's an itsy bitsy Bandit.

Bike
    2001 Yamaha FAZER 600S
    Seeing the Summertime heroes out and about on the Devon country roads I`d say they`re pretty well aware of speed already.The speed camera thing always baffles me.If you`re breaking the law you deserve to get done if you`re caught,I dont remember any law being passed with the proviso that offenders should be given a sporting chance of getting away with breaking it.I`m all for un-marked bikes,might just make drivers think twice about their attitude towards bikes if they thought it might just be a police bike.Police in Devon have just got an un-marked FJR1300 to be ridden by a plain-clothes traffic cop.Bottom line is,if you dont want to get caught dont do it.As for them being on coutry roads,well here the smaller roads are popular race tracks purely because there are no cameras so you get stuff like the Ducati rider killing himself hitting a car at 100 m.p.h. while going through a village in Cornwall last year happening.There`s a local R1 rider claiming to have hit 170 on the same road.

Thread Information