Thread: Minimoto clutch cable

Bike
    1989 Honda CBR250R

Minimoto clutch cable

I just snapped my clutch cable!

I've heard this is common for chinabikes, So I figure someone else must have had the same thing happen and purchased a stronger clutch cable from somewhere?

Theres one on NewManz here has anyone bought this or know if newmanz is a reliable minimoto parts supplier?

Bike
    1997 Yamaha TRX850

Smile Newmanz clutch cable

Hi,
    Shane from Newmanz R/C Direct.
    I think the Honda XR clutch cables will also work but the price is over $70.
    The Chinese ones have good adjusters and it really depends on who made your bike. The biggest problem with Chinese bikes is the quality of build. The factory will use cheaper steel just to save 10 cents per bike !!! I have seen this with my own eyes.
    I toured the Chinese factories for 3 months, very scary stuff. From more than 70 factories toured, only 3 had proper factory production lines, using compressed air tools and good mechanical knowledge and control checks.

The worst factories used cheap quality goods, had next to no quality control checks and employed farmers from the countryside who wouldnt even know how to change a lightbulb let alone build an engine. Im happy to say, those factories never saw any of my money.

Thread Information