Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warehouse ruins pocketbike sales.

Bike
    1997 Yamaha TRX850

Cool Warehouse ruins pocketbike sales.

Well, being as the Warehouse likes to dip its fingers into every pie, they tried importing 49cc Pocket bikes from China. Not bothering to contact anyone in the know, a Warehouse agent who could only smell profit decided to import 2000 bikes and bought the cheapest they could get...... well cheapest from China = disaster. Sure enough after early sales, bikes started being returned. Bikes leaking fuel from the gas tank, handlebars breaking, frames breaking etc etc.. The Warehouse decides to recall the entire lot and seeing as it would be too expensive to fix, they bury the whole lot in landfill, never to be seen again....... Thus hurting the sales of all the importers like myself who actually care about quality..
    Not being satisfied with their first mistake, the Warehouse then decides to import the cheapest Mini Dirt bikes they can find.... before long these also break down and fall apart, again resulting in a recall and landfill.... STICK TO NON-PETROL STUFF WAREHOUSE !!! LEAVE IT TO THE PROFESSIONALS WILL YA !!!!!!!

Bike
    motocompo
    Ok, now you've started me on Chinese product.
    I had the misfortune of involving myself in business dealings with Asian countries for several years & have huge contempt for their business practices & product.
    My first concern is that they clearly have no product testing or quality control whatsoever,
    If they did, such faults as you describe would not occur.
    Secondly, The products (if they can be afforded the luxury of being so described) are merely replicas of the real thing, for example, the tyres have no cords, the wheel bearings are mild steel Etc so if the machine, be it pocket bike or kitchen appliance, will fail virtually immediately if used for its apparent intended purpose.
    The reason for this, is that the product is not actually designed for use, And the following is serious & true, They are merely replicas of the real thing, made to fool gullible westerners out of their money & the entire purpose of the excercise, as far as Chinese are concerned is completed once they have pocketed the money.
    My third concern, & this one is really serious. As poster one describes, in one small country alone, aprox 4000 small motorcycles have been sent to landfill.
    The issue here is that the Chinese are raping the planet of valuable resources and are converting them into sub standard product, which is consequently put into western landfills.
    As a nation, we only really have ourselves to blame due to our un quenchable thirst for the purchase of cheaply made trash from the likes of the warehouse as a way to fill in our otherwise dull weekends.
    For my 21st birthday my girlfriend gave me an absolutely top quality wallet & said to me, "always buy quality" 21 years later the wallet is still in reasonable condition & the advice has served me very well.

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    For my 21st birthday my girlfriend gave me an absolutely top quality wallet & said to me, "always buy quality" 21 years later the wallet is still in reasonable condition & the advice has served me very well.
    So what condition is the girlfriend in after 21 years??!!

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
    So what condition is the girlfriend in after 21 years??!!
    I recently heard she has finally come out of the closet & is in a relationship with her best girl mate from those days.
    Somehow i wasnt in the least surprised.

Bike
    Big ol' Hornet.
    I recently heard she has finally come out of the closet & is in a relationship with her best girl mate from those days.
    So she finally took her own advice and went for "quality"?
    Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.
    Heinlein

MotoTT Trackdays

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Mate, it's no wonder she is batting for the other side if you kept her in a closet all that time!!

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    She didnt go for quality, she went for poon, Now that i understand.

Bike
    TF125
    I used to work for a NZ importer of Airtools, agents for top quality U.S & U.K based brands. The owner told me once of a visit to an Airtool factory in mainland China, full red-carpet guided tour of the assembly line. At the completion of the tour my former boss asked his guide at what stage did they connect an airline to the tools for testing?. The factory did not have a compressor.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Ok, now you've started me on Chinese product.
    I had the misfortune of involving myself in business dealings with Asian countries for several years & have huge contempt for their business practices & product.
    My first concern is that they clearly have no product testing or quality control whatsoever,
    If they did, such faults as you describe would not occur.
    Secondly, The products (if they can be afforded the luxury of being so described) are merely replicas of the real thing, for example, the tyres have no cords, the wheel bearings are mild steel Etc so if the machine, be it pocket bike or kitchen appliance, will fail virtually immediately if used for its apparent intended purpose.
    The reason for this, is that the product is not actually designed for use, And the following is serious & true, They are merely replicas of the real thing, made to fool gullible westerners out of their money & the entire purpose of the excercise, as far as Chinese are concerned is completed once they have pocketed the money.
    My third concern, & this one is really serious. As poster one describes, in one small country alone, aprox 4000 small motorcycles have been sent to landfill.
    The issue here is that the Chinese are raping the planet of valuable resources and are converting them into sub standard product, which is consequently put into western landfills.
    As a nation, we only really have ourselves to blame due to our un quenchable thirst for the purchase of cheaply made trash from the likes of the warehouse as a way to fill in our otherwise dull weekends.
    Sorry Bob.

I bought a chinker off a reputable Minimoto importer in Wellington. It has been mint. Obviously, I've replaced a few bolts with proper quality ones. The hendle bars DID break, but only after 18 months of repeated crashing. The tyres have been fine, as have the brakes.

One of my best mates bought a chinker off some dude in Manakau. The importer had assembled the bike, replaced all the bolts with real ones, fitted a fuel filter.

The only thing that's broken on it is the front forks. And that's due to Tristan cartwheeling it through the scenery at 50kph.

Then there's the pitbikes I've been selling on behalf of a mate.

I simply can't kill the fucker. Believe me, I've tried.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    you think that's bad?

you should see what the cunts have done to the jandal market.

$1.79 for a pair of jandals? how can we compete with that?

Bike
    I was going to import some alloy MX bars till I found out what they were made of. Window frame aluminium!

Bike
    We have hundreds of thousands of electric motors manufactured in China every year with no issues.

Setting up strict quality control is easy, once in place they follow procedure well. They are easy to deal with, educated and only to willing to please.

Nothing wrong with the Chinese. Mr Warehouse man is a Muppet is all!!

Bike
    motocompo
    White Trash.
    You say its been mint in the next breath you say you had to replace their junk bits.
    Ok for you & no doubt done without a second thought.
    What about if you were an average warehouse client (fat white solo mum with saggy tits & floral sun dress) you probably wouldnt even own a spanner, let alone know how to identify a decent bolt or know where to buy one.

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    I could be a Lesbian too.......
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    She didnt go for quality, she went for poon, Now that i understand.
    Always the poon eh Dob ?!!!
    Didn't she want the DC??
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Thread Information