Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winner of the first 2007 Supersport shootout is ...

Bike
    nuffin

eek Winner of the first 2007 Supersport shootout is ...

A Honda.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...ID=4514&Page=1

The to-and-fro competition of the Jappa supersports is a rapidly changing landscape. I'm not really sold on the looks of the Honda though, looks a little dated perhaps? Can't really judge properly until I see one in the flesh though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Four_carving_the_canyon.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	57202  
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr. Suess

Bike
    Ninja ZX-6R
    That test was a bit wishy washy.
    They say the 6R and R6 have good mid range and nothing up top. Then they show the dyno graph which clearly shows the opposite. They also mention how the CBR has all the bells and whistles on the dash and the ZX-6R doesn't even have a clock. Wrong there is a clock, and with the lap timer it has everything and more the CBR has except the fuel guage.
    Pitty they didn't get enough time on the track.
    It would be interesting to see what difference the ZX-6R makes when the exhaust valve is set to full function UK spec.
    They mention this but only give the 05/06 model as an example which only gave another 1Hp across the rev range. I heard the gain for the 07 is much more.
    There's no dought Honda did a good job but I am not sold on the looks either. The front looks very dated and the side fairings look to bitzy.
    All these bikes are fantastic and so close on performance the choice is purly down to personal preferance.

Ohlins Steering Damper - Shogun Fairing Protectors - Wheel Stripes

Bike
    nuffin
    Biggest surprise for me was all the pies the Kwaka has been eating! It's the heaviest and has the lowest HP of the bunch - such a change from the 636.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr. Suess

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Bandit View Post
    Biggest surprise for me was all the pies the Kwaka has been eating! It's the heaviest and has the lowest HP of the bunch - such a change from the 636.
    Yeah. I test rode the new ZX6R on Saturday. Bit of a disappointment coming off owning three 636s in a row. New bike is unnecessarily uncomfortable, handlebars almost touching your knees Why? Power is just average for the class and what's with the extra weight when you drop 37cc?
    The new CBR looks and on paper sounds like it's going to be the new boss on the block. Only sat on the CBR but in reb/black it does it for me, feels so comfortable and light.
    Ah shit. Too many bikes we all want to own at once. What's a motorcyclist to do...
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    2010 KTM 300 exc

When does the K8 suzuki come out?

Save me from the Honda!
    I thought my bike was going to be written off so I was quite excited about the Kwaka. But 14.5 Kg semi-wet heavier than the Honda?? WTF!!!
    Kawasaki's used to have a bit of a rep for being tubby and it looks like they are heading back to it with this bike.
    Performance is more important to me than looks but I am just not a fan of Honda's (At least the CBR range). I am glad my bike is now being repaired so I can wait and hope the K8 or even the R6 comes out and catches up to the Honda.

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

meh

A Honda.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...ID=4514&Page=1

The to-and-fro competition of the Jappa supersports is a rapidly changing landscape. I'm not really sold on the looks of the Honda though, looks a little dated perhaps? Can't really judge properly until I see one in the flesh though.
    Try riding the bike before making a proper sound judgement. My 05 CBR is back in the local dealer up for sale. I tried all the 05 600cc, 750cc and 1000cc and the CBR was first equal with another bike that I could not get me hands on...
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Perhaps the way Kawasaki measure there weigth has changed... perhaps they now measure with air in teh tyres, oil in the motor and forks, and half a tank of gas? Tui I know, but it could happen....

Bike
    GSX11-tysomething, BMW K100 x2

Phew

Just read through the whole lot of that...hmm....[think politely]...'stuff', and got a little bit worried that one bike in there was going to be a bit of a dud as a race bike. Then I watched the video on page two of there write up to the right of the CBR report, watched how the yanks rode, and breathed a sigh of relief. If your going to comment on which one is best, and all that crap, ride the things how there meant and get back to me please. Those guys looked like the (no offence) average medium group at track days. Bring on 2008 NZ SS title challenge!!!
    Jay Lawrence #37

Bike
    nuffin
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Ah shit. Too many bikes we all want to own at once. What's a motorcyclist to do...
    I know, I know

Quote Originally Posted by inlinefour View Post
    Try riding the bike before making a proper sound judgement.
    Um, that's what the comparison shootout journos did to come up with their conclusions. :spudwhat:

I bet there'll be plenty of other shootouts published this year that will announce another bike as "king of the hill". They're so close performance wise that it comes down to personal preference/bias on the day.

- Dr. Suess

Bike
    GSXR 750 (No 10)
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Yeah. I test rode the new ZX6R on Saturday. Bit of a disappointment coming off owning three 636s in a row. New bike is unnecessarily uncomfortable, handlebars almost touching your knees Why? Power is just average for the class and what's with the extra weight when you drop 37cc?
    The new CBR looks and on paper sounds like it's going to be the new boss on the block. Only sat on the CBR but in reb/black it does it for me, feels so comfortable and light.
    Dunno MD dunno. Reckon my next bike won't be a sports bike anyway. Having a whirl on yours made me think again about bikes. Hadn't smiled like that on a bike in ages.

Oh yeah I did, it was Tue wheelieing up SH1 past Porirua.
    Superdukes. Serving up shame to sportsbikes since ages ago.

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

meh.

I know, I know

Um, that's what the comparison shootout journos did to come up with their conclusions. :spudwhat:
    Those articles are generally only mere opinionated crap...
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by inlinefour View Post
    Those articles are generally only mere opinionated crap...
    Unless of course they say the Suzuki is best, then you can believe them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRacer37 View Post
    Just read through the whole lot of that...hmm....[think politely]...'stuff', and got a little bit worried that one bike in there was going to be a bit of a dud as a race bike. Then I watched the video on page two of there write up to the right of the CBR report, watched how the yanks rode, and breathed a sigh of relief. If your going to comment on which one is best, and all that crap, ride the things how there meant and get back to me please. Those guys looked like the (no offence) average medium group at track days. Bring on 2008 NZ SS title challenge!!!
    yeah...I don't listen to any journo crap much anymore....and besides the kawa seems to be doing pretty well in racin circles very quickly... 1,2 5,6 at daytona...1st and a 3rd[??] at wsb...might be a case that in race trim for which it was probally designed for its is light and fast..
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRacer37 View Post
    Those guys looked like the average medium group at track days.
    Hey! I resemble that remark!

Bike
    GSX11-tysomething, BMW K100 x2
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Hey! I resemble that remark!
    Good on ya mate, so long as your out there havin/ fun, and givin it a thrash
    Jay Lawrence #37

Thread Information