Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pajero vs Bighorn. What to buy?

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
    perhaps there are people out there who think people who ride vtr 250s are wankers
    Well find me a buyer and save me from myself! It is for sale you know.
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    Pure coolness...
    keep the cons coming guys,
    don't seem to many pros for either.

whats the 3.2 nissan diesels like?

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    I'm not going to read 4 pages of shit, but get the Pajero. No contest.

Bike
    bandit 1200s

Thumbs up nissan

Most Nissan's are rock solid man
    love them
    Lifes Just one big ride - buckle up or hang on

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX10R (2006), Kawasaki GPz550H2
    I've had one Isuzu (a trooper), 3 Pajeros and 1 prado.

I love my 93 2.8L TD Pajero. It has been very reliable. I had to replace an alternator after 5 years of running and i think one window winder, also during that time. I still have it and it's coming up to 180K.

I test drove a big horn before i bought the pajero and i didn't like the handling. I've heard stories about the gearboxes on the Isuzus and I know a friend who had one had it in the shop many times trying to fix problems with it, including the gearbox.

I had problems with the hubs, clutch and head gasket on the Prado and the Isuzu blew it's engine big time. cost me about $5K to fix. they were also prone to rusting in some of the seams on the body.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++

I would'a, I could'a, I should'a - Loser's Lament

I could'a been a contender!! - Loser's lament part 2

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    My sons 3.2V6 Bighorn shit its transmission (auto) at about 130,000km however it was towing a heavy trailer at the time, and he failed to stop as soon as it started to show signs of distress, so - mostly driver inflicted.
    Trans was a fairly easy fix, I bought a rebuild kit and service manual from the US and completely overhauled it for around $600. BTW the same gearbox is used in some Hondas, BMWs and a lot of GM vehicles - Aisan-Warner 4L30V
    While getting the trans in and out I had a good look underneath - must say everything looks very solid and well built, certainly very heavy
    Worst thing about this car is access to engine ancilliaries - alternator, PS pump, exhaust flange bolts, etc., it's really tight.
    Another fault it has had is the alternator has twice fried the slip rings and brushes, Fairly easy to repair with a slip ring and brush kit from Repco around $40.
    Now if he would just fix the oil leak from the PS pump that is dribbling all over the alternator and probably causing the brushes to go bad...
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Pure coolness...
    so not much good stuff going for jeros or horns.A couple of positives but lots of negatives.
    I suppose as with anything you get your good (prado)bad (horn)and terrible(jero)?.

would a prado with high k's eg 2ook's+ be more reliable than one of the others with lower k's?..

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by nallac View Post
    so not much good stuff going for jeros or horns.A couple of positives but lots of negatives.
    I suppose as with anything you get your good (prado)bad (horn)and terrible(jero)?.

would a prado with high k's eg 2ook's+ be more reliable than one of the others with lower k's?..
    depends on wether its been servised or not deisels dont like not being looked after

Quote Originally Posted by nallac View Post

No.

The engines are pretty good,but as I mentioned somewhere else in this thread...they can't stand overheating and will crack a head in the blink of an eye.And when they break a cambelt look for total destruction.....the Pajero and Bighorn are better in that regard.It all comes down to maintenance....and can you trust the previous owner?.On a diesel look at kms put up in long distance open road work,they will run forever in these conditions.

Nothing between any of then in the chassis and running gear department....it just comes down to which sort of engine failure you prefer.And they ALL will fail....the trick is to make sure you don't own it at that point.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Thread Information