Page 235 of 249 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 3725

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    1994 RVF400R
    Anyone wants to buy a Tyga RVF400 Single Seat Tail, painted in stock RT Colours?
    Had it on the bike maybe 2 times for short rides, so its in great condition.

Cheers
    Cam

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Would depend on the $$$ of course mate, I have a friend in search of a new tail end for one of his race bike.

So, how much???

Bike
    2003 CBR 954
    Hey guys, its been awhile posting here for me. I used to own a vfr400 nc30.

Moved up to a vfr800 rc46, i bought it slightly damaged and have been putting it back together. Now my question is ~ does the instrument cluster on the bike angle to the right slightly, looking sitting on the bike.

The bike did have a fall on the left side which bent the left side mirror mounting down by about 10mm, hence im not sure if the cluster was pushed too , im hoping someone here has a clean bike that can clear this up for me.

Thanks guys.

Bike
    2003 CBR 954
    Also i have 4 nc30 forks for sale $360 for all of them. They are in good condition

Bike
    1994 RVF400R
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Would depend on the $$$ of course mate, I have a friend in search of a new tail end for one of his race bike.

So, how much???

Im thinking $250, they are $218 USD.

If you're interested, give me a PM

Cam

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Devy View Post
    Also i have 4 nc30 forks for sale $360 for all of them. They are in good condition
    anyone want to go halves?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    2003 CBR 954
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    anyone want to go halves?
    Happy to sell a pair mate

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Trying to convince a friend to buy them the other pair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I've gotten (I think) to the bottom of my "my VFR is running like shit" issues. I havent tried to start it for a long while. nine months or something. Thought I better get er running today. No go. flattened the battery trying,,, as you do*.

Pulled it to bits and wanted to have a look down the carbs to make sure all four throttle butterflies were working. Went to slide the errrr round thingy that is held by spring and is the CV part up and down. Had to push REALLY hard on one and it went up and not down again. in fact two are stuck UP and one went up, stayed for a minute then went down. One of four works as it should.

Plus could there be a bigger cunt of a thing to work on than VFR carbs? Raw fuel all over the place too. I pulled all four plugs out and turned the motor over a few times by hand to blow fuel out. right rear cylinder ejaculated a huge load all over my face - like when I used to blow sailors out the back of the port in Lyttelton. Interestingly too that plug was really black - way darker than the others.....

I will order four carb rebuild kits tonight but at this stage I dont think i can be fucked arsing about with it. I think I will pay someone to do it. I think I will buy four new rubber inlet manifolds too.

Gah.

Still once rebuilt hopefully it will be back to the sweet running little thing it was. Change the brake fluid, new front tyre (its all blue on both shoulders and is about four years old..... and away we go. Or I will sell it and all the bits.

Productive afternoon in the shed but it REEKS of petrol now.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    some pics down the carb throats.

I did find my drilled out airbox lid and HRC replica inlet trumpets too....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010141.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	751.2 KB 
ID:	315553   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010142.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	422.2 KB 
ID:	315554  

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    I reckon they are nicer than the srx600 I have. Dual wierd carb thing that is driving me nuts. Vfr's just need practice :-).

I reckon you should sell ;-).

Re the forks - early or late variety? Not that I need any :-). Not sure if I said on here, but can't recommend rick Oliver's upgrade kit on the later forks enough.

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    My vfr's been sitting for a bit :-( finding myself turning into a fair weather rider in my old age (something about having multiple meetings across Auckland every day!)

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Get em off the bike, grab a nice clean workbench, set up the little tools, label all parts as the come off, clean up everything, get out the magnifying glass and make sure it's all clean and to spec, put it all back together replacing and perished rubber parts, worn jets, stripped screws, clean it again, and assemble.

Phoar, makes me firm just thinking about it.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Just dropped my bike off for a WOF + Service and there was a nice shiny NC35 sitting out front. Had ~18,000ks and looked very clean. Should have taken a photo. Made my bike look even filthier

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I've gotten (I think) to the bottom of my "my VFR is running like shit" issues. I havent tried to start it for a long while. nine months or something. Thought I better get er running today. No go. flattened the battery trying,,, as you do*.

Pulled it to bits and wanted to have a look down the carbs to make sure all four throttle butterflies were working. Went to slide the errrr round thingy that is held by spring and is the CV part up and down. Had to push REALLY hard on one and it went up and not down again. in fact two are stuck UP and one went up, stayed for a minute then went down. One of four works as it should.

Plus could there be a bigger cunt of a thing to work on than VFR carbs? Raw fuel all over the place too. I pulled all four plugs out and turned the motor over a few times by hand to blow fuel out. right rear cylinder ejaculated a huge load all over my face - like when I used to blow sailors out the back of the port in Lyttelton. Interestingly too that plug was really black - way darker than the others.....

I will order four carb rebuild kits tonight but at this stage I dont think i can be fucked arsing about with it. I think I will pay someone to do it. I think I will buy four new rubber inlet manifolds too.

Gah.

Still once rebuilt hopefully it will be back to the sweet running little thing it was. Change the brake fluid, new front tyre (its all blue on both shoulders and is about four years old..... and away we go. Or I will sell it and all the bits.

Productive afternoon in the shed but it REEKS of petrol now.
    Let me know how you get on with them, going to have a crack at balancing and tuning mine soon, with 4 of the farking things though I think it might be a challenge! I'd hate to get it to the track and have the thing run like a bag of shit.

Thread Information