Page 199 of 249 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3725

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    NC30s
    Yeah that's what I am worried about with using a shock from another bike; respringing and revalving if needed will drive the cost up so much that I may as well have just got an aftermarket one to begin with.

Might see about getting the standard 90+ shock rebuilt/regassed and try that out. Any idea how much it costs in New Zealand? Seems to run about 100GPB according to the guys on 400greybike, but that's over in the UK.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    This is what Robert Taylor told me a couple of years ago:

With respect to that stock shock you could easily spend $800 to $900 on it to replace the very nasty piston thats in it, respring it and recon it and youd still have something that has got a poor external responcse range to adjustment, has very small oil capacity and is not ride height adjustable. And that bike seriously needs ride height.
    We have custom built perhaps 20 x VFR400 Ohlins shocks now ( they are long since out of production ex Ohlins for nigh on 15 years ) We did another one only 2 weeks ago. These are hose reservoir with independent comp and rebound adjustment and a ride height adjuster, sprung and set up specifically for you.
    Front end, machine and process damper rods so they actually assemble concentrically and true inside the fork tubes ( ! ) Fit Race Tech emulators with a very specific modification that we do to them, Ohlins springs and sapcers, Ohlins oil

HUGE improvement at both ends.
    I asked again end of last year and he told me about Nitron. I got the most expensive one that was around $1400. The cheapest one should be under $1000. A lot of people are happy using shocks from other bikes but I wanted it done properly.

Bike
    NC30s
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    This is what Robert Taylor told me a couple of years ago:

I asked again end of last year and he told me about Nitron. I got the most expensive one that was around $1400. The cheapest one should be under $1000. A lot of people are happy using shocks from other bikes but I wanted it done properly.
    Guess I'll just give it some time, and if I still have the bike in a years time think about dropping some money on the front and rear.
    I'll pop the 90+ rear that I have into it in the mean time and see if that makes a difference; from what I've read it's a fair bit firmer than the 89 unit.

I hate when I have to spend money to get results haha.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinz0r View Post
    Guess I'll just give it some time, and if I still have the bike in a years time think about dropping some money on the front and rear.
    I'll pop the 90+ rear that I have into it in the mean time and see if that makes a difference; from what I've read it's a fair bit firmer than the 89 unit.

I hate when I have to spend money to get results haha.
    they are still old,with Christ knows how many k's on them, and not that crash hot to begin with. But like you say, spendy to do properly. It is the best money you can spend on a bike though
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    From having both the stock and rs250 shock in, and some bmw one in now (no idea what it is off the top of my head), the bmw one was the best, but both this and rs250 raised the rear which made it feel much better in the corners and stability in general road riding...no idea how difficult it was to get them there as they both came with track bikes I bought...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    NC30s
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    From having both the stock and rs250 shock in, and some bmw one in now (no idea what it is off the top of my head), the bmw one was the best, but both this and rs250 raised the rear which made it feel much better in the corners and stability in general road riding...no idea how difficult it was to get them there as they both came with track bikes I bought...

Wanna do me a deal on the RS250 shock?

Would be fun to mess about with.

Although it looks as though the lower knuckle needs to be shaved to get it to fit..

Bike
    Old bike sorry:-p current one has the bmw one in it...I reckon better, but the rs one had some ride height adjustment

Bike
    Street Triple R
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-753046912.htm

So, uh, I reckon if you paid $5k for this you would pretty much always get your money back if the fairings are ridgey didge and it is as tidy as it looks.

If I have a fiver lurking I would buy it just to have. (I don't at present).

Bike
    Why's that? When Vincent got another pretty identical one for 4k and change? High km's. The rvf for 5k had the same km's but would be worth more?

Bike
    NC30s
    Looks nice, but if its the same one I saw advertised on facebook awhile back, it has chinese plastics.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-753046912.htm

So, uh, I reckon if you paid $5k for this you would pretty much always get your money back if the fairings are ridgey didge and it is as tidy as it looks.

If I have a fiver lurking I would buy it just to have. (I don't at present).
    I disagree. Aftermarket fairings with dodgy colours. Maybe $4000 if we knew the service history. $5500 is a bit of a laugh.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    I disagree. Aftermarket fairings with dodgy colours. Maybe $4000 if we knew the service history. $5500 is a bit of a laugh.
    ah so it looks better than it is. Oh well.

edit: I didnt pick up on the "Aftermarket fairings" he even says it upfront!.

Yeah $4k

Bike
    4k with aftermarket fairings that can be bought for as low as 450$ delivered? I would say yeah right to that!? 3k max! Or is my bike worth more than I thought :-p

Bike
    1989 Honda NC30
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    4k with aftermarket fairings that can be bought for as low as 450$ delivered? I would say yeah right to that!? 3k max! Or is my bike worth more than I thought :-p

Tank has also been repainted as it is missing logo's and is the wrong color. Even a set of chinese fairings won't fix that!
    #24 1989 Honda NC30

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Just found this and thought I would share For the VFR400 KBers

...spare engines & looms anyone??
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-757634657.htm

Buy Now: $600.00

...seems like a good deal (And no...I have nothing to do with the seller etc...Im just at work being lazy & surfing TM ....shhh)

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Thread Information