Page 72 of 249 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3725

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by LBD View Post
    BTW....seeing as how this thread dedicated to VFR owners....a VFR800 rented from Te Waiponamu rentals, acheived Diamond in the last tt2000. Not the most comfy bike after 3239 km in 38 hours but performed well enough.....thanks Matt.
    good effort. I can't imagine doing that. How much sleep did you get during those 38 hours?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    good effort. I can't imagine doing that. How much sleep did you get during those 38 hours?
    1/2 hr...45 minute power nap at Athol...when I new I needed it

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    Yes.

Try thinking.
    Thank you for your minimal contribution, You must have made somebody very proud.

Bike
    2003 CBR 954

hmm..

soo i bought mystic13's vfr yesterday.. on the motorway this morning the bike cut out randomly.. tried to pull over. got rear ended by a huge truck.. nearly road kill... he was doing 90kms aparently any1 that lives in south auckland like manukau pass would have seen it round 9ish this morning.

sad that the bike has a bit of damage.

what i want to know is why the bike randomly stalled this morning?? rectafier? wht i need to know is if i can actually fix this problem soo i dont die or is it something every1 deals with with their vfr..

ohh n the bike starts fine now.

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Holy hell man I hope your ok,
    and my old CBR250 done it to me once, I took it apart and checked all the wires etc and found something had come loose, cant exactly remember what though, never done it again

Bike
    2003 CBR 954
    yeah i had my leathers n stuff.. soo im fine cops reckon i could have died quite easily.. true it started up fine.. chocked it.. warmd it up then got on the motorway n moved up to 4 gear? n i felt a flat spot building.. soo i gear down n gave it some juice but it didnt want to rev pas 9000rpm.. then i preety much knew it was gona stall...

was that the same problem as yours? if i can sort the problem ill bring the bike back to life but if not.. i might just scrap it..

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    im not really awesome at motors etc but It could have something to do with a blocked Jet? maybe give your carbs a clean out, might not be getting enough gas or maybe not enough air, is the fuel breather clear and free?

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Devy View Post
    yeah i had my leathers n stuff.. soo im fine cops reckon i could have died quite easily.. true it started up fine.. chocked it.. warmd it up then got on the motorway n moved up to 4 gear? n i felt a flat spot building.. soo i gear down n gave it some juice but it didnt want to rev pas 9000rpm.. then i preety much knew it was gona stall...

was that the same problem as yours? if i can sort the problem ill bring the bike back to life but if not.. i might just scrap it..
    that sounds like the totally random and frustrating issue I had with mine. Make sure that the vent hole in your fuel tank is clear: when it starts to do it, take the vent cap off and if it comes right it might be that. Mine turned out to be the fuel line I had cut about an inch and a half too long. sit tank on, connect fuel line, bolt tank down. When tank bolted down it kinked the fuel line. when tank unbolted to investigate, bike ran fine. Much hilarity ensues.

Then go deeper: fuel manifold, then clean carbs etc. How is Mr Airfilter?

intermittent issues are a total bitch to fix.

Bike
    2003 CBR 954
    i have no idea how any of the usual service components are. i just got the bike last nite.. anyways ill keep you guys update if i find the culprate. im just scared it it happens again i might not be so lucky.

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    soo i bought mystic13's vfr yesterday.. on the motorway this morning the bike cut out randomly.. tried to pull over. got rear ended by a huge truck.. nearly road kill... he was doing 90kms aparently any1 that lives in south auckland like manukau pass would have seen it round 9ish this morning.

sad that the bike has a bit of damage.

what i want to know is why the bike randomly stalled this morning?? rectafier? wht i need to know is if i can actually fix this problem soo i dont die or is it something every1 deals with with their vfr..

ohh n the bike starts fine now.
    Maaaaaaaate thats fucked up. Glad to read you are still alive though..

It won't be your rectifier, that part just changes your charging voltage from ac to dc and limits the voltage going to the battery. If that was ruined you would find your battery going flat constantly.

Did it run rough before it died ? If so, I think HDC may be on the money. Fuel blockage can stall you immediately, they are only little jets in the vfr, they can block up 12 quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    2003 CBR 954
    nah it just came outa the blue. sory but what do u mean by HDC? yeah when i open up the bike tonight ill have a look at the fuel line and carbs.. have a feeling it was that..

Bike
    Street Triple R
    nah it just came outa the blue. sory but what do u mean by HDC? yeah when i open up the bike tonight ill have a look at the fuel line and carbs.. have a feeling it was that..
    he means me. HDC is the shortening of my username.

if it has an inline fuel filter, chuck it and put a new one in. and look inside the tank for rust and water and stuff. The fuel petcocks are hilarious too: they're vacuum operated. intake vacuum sucks on the little hose which opens the petcock and allows fuel to flow (the bigger one is the fuel hose). the vacuum hose has to be in good condition too: no pinholes or cracks. Or you can do the HRC mod and bin it altogether, but you MUST then be disciplined about turning the fuel off. There have been a number of instances of these bikes with leaky petcocks leaking fuel onto the rear header (its RIGHT there and its bloody hot) causing a fire. That fire is really close to your nads. I'm just saying.

Bike
    2003 CBR 954
    ohh sorry mate didnt know. yeah it could be the fuel filter or the petcock will have a look tonight but i feel its gota do with the fuel too.. i dont think im that dissiplined ai soo dont think id bypass it. dam i hate issue's that arnt clear cut, now ive gota first sort the problem out thn sort the new fairing n rear sub-frame out.

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    he means me. HDC is the shortening of my username.

if it has an inline fuel filter, chuck it and put a new one in. and look inside the tank for rust and water and stuff. The fuel petcocks are hilarious too: they're vacuum operated. intake vacuum sucks on the little hose which opens the petcock and allows fuel to flow (the bigger one is the fuel hose). the vacuum hose has to be in good condition too: no pinholes or cracks. Or you can do the HRC mod and bin it altogether, but you MUST then be disciplined about turning the fuel off. There have been a number of instances of these bikes with leaky petcocks leaking fuel onto the rear header (its RIGHT there and its bloody hot) causing a fire. That fire is really close to your nads. I'm just saying.
    Just as well your bike has a 'Petcock'

Couldnt help myself haha

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Hey guys, im thinking of cleaning my carbs tomorrow, the fella I brought it off says he had recently done it, but it feels like it has a flat spot as though a jet is blocked, plus it gives me an excuse to finally pull my new beast apart haha, I also need to top up my radiator reserve and rear break fluid, as well as do my chain, so its like a super maintenance day tomorrow, I have cleaned the carbs on my two fiddy with some help, but I believe I can do that again without any hassle, was just wondering if there is anything I should look out for under the tank of the VFR like some nasty prick of a bolt or something like that, and if there is anything I should check out while I have it apart, I know these bikes can have an electrical fault at some point and time, but is there anything else I need to keep my eye on while I have my shit apart?
    Cheers.

Also, Does anyone have a workbook manual for the NC30 for sale.. like cheaaappp? haha
    Last edited by DrunkenMistake; 29th March 2011 at 17:32. Reason: Forgot to mention something

Thread Information