Page 207 of 249 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3727

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    Blah. Never been a fan of that tail. I like the tyga two seat if anything. Also the rvf tail I think has a nicer rear light secretion..little more curved. If I was going to update the look is probably do the 2 seat tail, then the front - I do like the aggressive angry look of the r1...would look sweet on an nc30 I reckon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    NC30s
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    Blah. Never been a fan of that tail. I like the tyga two seat if anything. Also the rvf tail I think has a nicer rear light secretion..little more curved. If I was going to update the look is probably do the 2 seat tail, then the front - I do like the aggressive angry look of the r1...would look sweet on an nc30 I reckon!

Yeah fair point.. it is a bit too different from the rest of the bike isn't it.
    It's moot anyway, because if I had $600 spare to spend on the bike, it'd be going into the suspension, not a pretty fairing!

Bike
    Street Triple R
    It doesn't look right to me because the pointy sticky up tail shouts 90's but the roundy front part shouts 80's.

I actually think they look better with stock bodywork to be fair. Or completely updated (SP1 front end and pattern bodywork would look cool but a mish to fit.)

I have decided I am going to be getting out of the NC30 storage business. Gonna take photos and put all that shit on tardme this weekend. I should get enough money to get a road worth cheap hack ADV bike.

or a project. ...... winter IS coming.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Can you put up a list on here first?:-) save you some Tm ridiculous fees!...assume you are a little far from Dunedin (where I am until Sunday)

Agreed, really should be all or nothing, I am a fan of the duc 848 look:-)

Bike
    NC30s
    Soooo I got a little bored today, and thought I'd try and tidy up my exhaust. It's a bit of a mess, with big dents and scratches down the side. I got it with a cut NC30 system that I bought, with the intention of replacing it with a nice muffler ASAP.
    I haven't found one that I like yet, so thought that I should probably make this one a little more presentable.

Step 1: Remove dents.
    Step 2: Remove scratches.

Obviously doing this properly would be a whoooole lot of time and hassle. So I came up with an inventive way to shorten the whole procedure!
    I decided to cover the dents with thin aluminium, and then vinyl wrap over the whole lot. I tested some strips of vinyl on the hot parts of the exhaust, and they didn't melt, so that's good.
    The next part was deciding where to get the aluminium from.. After some deliberation, I decided to grab a random assortment of 500ml beers from the supermarket and chop up the cans. This led to some rather rapid drinking of 1.5l of beer in the sun, which probably explains why my vinyl wrapping job ended up with so many creases..

So anyway, I made some panels form the cans, stuck them to the exhaust with some chopped up pieces of heat shielding underneath to retain the original shape. Then on went the vinyl wrap (with quite a few creases etc, to be blamed on the beer of course).

While it doesn't look perfect, it looks a hell of a lot better than it did previously, and should tie me over until I find a muffler that I like.

Before:

After:

Bike
    Close up needed!

Bike
    NC30
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    It doesn't look right to me because the pointy sticky up tail shouts 90's but the roundy front part shouts 80's
    My thoughts exactly. If people want a more modern bike there are others available for the same price as a tidy NC30 + fancy fairings. Just go and buy an R6 (which is arguably a better bike all round) and save butchering one more nc30.

Bike
    NC30s
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    Close up needed!

My phone camera is a potato, but here you go:

Bike
    Oh yeah? Looks pretty good from there?:-)

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    NC30s
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Damn, that arrow would've have been great, but it's a bit too damaged.

On the topic of exhausts; I've been in contact with Danmoto, the Hong Kong based guys who make cheap exhausts for a whole lot of different bikes. I've bought off them before for other bikes and the workmanship was actually pretty good.
    I've asked if they could make me up a 30cm carbon exhaust for the NC30 to go on the cut pipes, I provided the inlet angle required, and inlet size. They said they'd be happy to, and will put together a clamping system that doesn't use springs and hooks to save me welding extra bits on.

Best of all, they'll do it for the same price as their other kits, no extra cost for the custom job!

So it's going to cost me $170 NZD including shipping, which is pretty bloody good imo.
    Could have had the titanium one for an extra $50, but I like the look of the carbon.

Bike
    RG 500,GSXR1100,NC30 VFR400x2 ,Hayabusa
    Hey everyone,

I just bought a second NC30 for another track bike build, it has full road gear kit that I will sell/swap for some bits I need. I'm after an uncut air box for a start. Any out there?

Can take some pics for anyone if need be. Fairings have been re sprayed and not very well.

Cheers

Bike
    I'd be quite keen on the fairingsand a few other bits...no airbox in my small lot of bits sorry

Bike
    RG 500,GSXR1100,NC30 VFR400x2 ,Hayabusa
    Cool I shall post some pics in the next couple days.

Cheers

Bike
    Oh, and def fairing infills if you have them, maybe lh switchgear. You wouldn't have a throttle grip would you, and key set? (I only have ignition and tank cap, no seat lock, keen to swap + a little cash?)

Thread Information