Page 243 of 249 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 3725

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    91 nc30
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    Hi,

I'm not too clear on this as a number of my nc30's have generally stopped at around 15.5k rpm - there is definitely a limiter due to a tab in the speedo that kicks in at 180km/h, that then signals to the CDI to cut power to 2 cylinders. there are multiple ways around this restriction - non stock cdi (ignitech, HRC etc), in line de restrictor such as M-Max or there is an HRC one that plugs between the loom and the CDI, or there is a 'bend the tab in the speedo' way of doing it. I think there is also a resistor modification?

ROM limit - I don't think the inline box modifies the RPM rev limit, only another CDI will do that such as an HRC or ignitech programmable one - take a photo and post your cdi? and how far up does it go? ie did you just get scared it was in the red or it actually went off the chart? from memory 14.5k is the limit, from a quick read it suggests that people generally read up to 15.5 standard ue to inaccuracies in the rev gauge, and the programmable box increase it to 16.5 indicated or so.

I did used to have an nc30 that went to a bloke in chch in 2011 or so which had an hrc cdi on it....kick myself now!

The offending piece of chinese shit TCI box can be found here:
    http://product.forbuyers.com/d102897039.html

Appears to be the same I have. Not sure what sort of ignition curve it runs, but does run a lot better than the standard one ( swapped between friends bike to test)

Bike
    cx500, vfr400r
    new here, here's my bike. My dad got it in 1992 with about 12,000km on it. Its now got about 95,000km. Dad had a tendency to not use it for months at a time in summer (he ran in summer, biked in winter) as a result the alternator was always getting nailed to charge up the battery when he did use it. Eventually it killed the alternator, which is pretty much the only work ive had to do to it.

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    Quote Originally Posted by ptroy View Post
    The offending piece of chinese shit TCI box can be found here:
    http://product.forbuyers.com/d102897039.html

Appears to be the same I have. Not sure what sort of ignition curve it runs, but does run a lot better than the standard one ( swapped between friends bike to test)
    Well, exchange rate is good, have a talk to Rick Oliver about an ignitec unit? Or if you don't want to go that far I will and sell you my stock one ;-).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by spinnanz2 View Post
    new here, here's my bike. My dad got it in 1992 with about 12,000km on it. Its now got about 95,000km. Dad had a tendency to not use it for months at a time in summer (he ran in summer, biked in winter) as a result the alternator was always getting nailed to charge up the battery when he did use it. Eventually it killed the alternator, which is pretty much the only work ive had to do to it.

Nice! Cool to have so much history!!! Most of the nc24's have done heaps of kms :-) didn't seem to get raced/tracked/crashed as much as the nc30 maybe?

Bike
    91 nc30
    Well, exchange rate is good, have a talk to Rick Oliver about an ignitec unit? Or if you don't want to go that far I will and sell you my stock one ;-).

Yeah my thought was to go ignitech.

Bike
    wr450f
    Cleaning out the garage, some NC30 bits for sale. Discounts for KBers obviously
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...?id=1129482721
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    which brings me back to point Z. - use premium fuel.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    And the right plugs. And condoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    never really believed in em. which i suppose is why my bike runs rough and i have kids.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Greetings fellows.

Finally got my NC30 started and running over the weekend, going to need a bit more lovin though but engine runs mint .

What I need is a fuel tap/ Petcock for a NC30 standard tank, anyone got one in their bits and bobs? Henry perhaps?

Bike
    why do you need the whole thing? I have a fuel tap repair kit here if you can't be bothered waiting on ebay...spring, diaphragm and plastic bit....fixes HRC modded or leaky fuel taps. only time it should need replacing is if it leaks out the riveted side, or the inside bit snaps (happened to one of mine once).

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    why do you need the whole thing? I have a fuel tap repair kit here if you can't be bothered waiting on ebay...spring, diaphragm and plastic bit....fixes HRC modded or leaky fuel taps. only time it should need replacing is if it leaks out the riveted side, or the inside bit snaps (happened to one of mine once).
    Its a project bike n the whole thing is missing from the tank

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    So, anyone manage to find a petcock? Pretty please have a dig!

Bike
    Yahoo Japan auctions I think it is for you, have you already tried wreckers? Econohonda, motogp tauranga, the one on ngarawahia and the one in chch?

Bike
    1994 RVF400R
    Would anyone have a spare RVF headlight assembly in the country?

Worth a shot here before splashing for one overseas.

Cheers

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    So, anyone manage to find a petcock? Pretty please have a dig!
    Sorry doesn't seem to have posted my post - have you tried all the wreckers. - econohonda, go wreckers tauranga, the one in ngarawahia and the one in chch? Failing that - plenty on yahoo Japan auctions that you would get in for probably around 60-70$ all up

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Sorry doesn't seem to have posted my post - have you tried all the wreckers. - econohonda, go wreckers tauranga, the one in ngarawahia and the one in chch? Failing that - plenty on yahoo Japan auctions that you would get in for probably around 60-70$ all up

How do i get on to auction on yahoo curious about that.

Rear bike like that whould be the best source .

whould japense headlights beam be the right side.

if drive on the right like we do no problem .

I brought brand new headlight of ebay for my vfr 750 rc 36. from the uk.

for 100.00

Bike
    Yes Japan drive on the same side of the road as us... Www.japamart.com is the one I use. I would do direct except you have to have a Japanese credit card.

Thread Information