Page 233 of 249 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 3725

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    Quote Originally Posted by Askor View Post
    Autech's bike had 115 & 118 mains in it, with #35 pilots.
    Are the sparkplugs proprietary honda parts or can you buy them from a generic auto shop? They sure are strange, I hope we wont need a special tool to get them out when we need to
    Not honda but a very odd size that cost at least about 15$/plug. Shop around - I got off Amazon last time as was cheapest at 70$ for a set. 13mm deep socket.

Sounds stock - itl run ok at those, but if there is an aftermarket system on there rec 120 r and 118 f. Keep the airbox and two flaps stock, they are there to pressurize it, and without them tends to have issues at/around 100km/h or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Exercycle
    Plugs are 8mm long reach from memory. Darbi (wholesalers) have carried them in the past. Ring Budget for a price and availabilty in NZ.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Cheers for all the advice so far.

Got the NC24 under 2mins yesterday at Ruapuna (knocked another 5 secs off my lap time, ), improved my riding dramatically on this bike. Really enjoyed getting on it and hooning, bike was singing, had a few people coming up to me and commenting on how strong the engine is (could be that and my light weight) but it smoked a fair few bikes of similar size down the straight. Bike was moving around a bit on a few turns so I'm glad I have the NC30 lined up to step on to next.

Might look to sell the NC24 soon to fund a bucket and parts for the NC30, though gosh darn it I'm forming a real bond with her!

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Hi all

Spent the day doing the valve clearances for the NC30. Anyone got any shims kicking around? By shuffling them around I only need 6 shims to get everything nicely within threshold.

Had a decent look at the rear shock on the bike and discovered it was a NC35 rear shock. Are these any good? I've read they are pretty shit.

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    Can't help with the shims unless you want to help with my clearances ;-). Never done that job...

Re the shock, I believe better than 89 nc30 but yes worse than later nc30...though in saying that most rear shocks are probably in need of a service anyway :-). 400gb often has second hand aftermarket shocks for sale, eBay obviously. I have an aprilia rs250 shock that has been resprung and revalved I was told with ext res. and I can recommend rick Oliver's kit in the front forks - did you have early or later type forks?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    Can't help with the shims unless you want to help with my clearances ;-). Never done that job...

Re the shock, I believe better than 89 nc30 but yes worse than later nc30...though in saying that most rear shocks are probably in need of a service anyway :-). 400gb often has second hand aftermarket shocks for sale, eBay obviously. I have an aprilia rs250 shock that has been resprung and revalved I was told with ext res. and I can recommend rick Oliver's kit in the front forks - did you have early or later type forks?

I have the 89 forks which I need to keep to be eligible for pre '89. I have been looking into the Rick O stuff, got a wish list which I will be buying when I get back from my trip to Canada when the $$$ free up.

I will run the RVF shock to begin with and then try and get something a bit sexier down the line. You are right though it's probably buggered anyways.

The shims weren't too hard, just have a decent magnet handy and follow the thread in 400 grey. I would recommend putting something in the head to stop shims falling down into the sump though
    Not the end of the world taking the sump off though as I found a head of gunk in it, better off out of me engine

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Anyone got a paddock stand for an NC30 for sale?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Anyone got a paddock stand for an NC30 for sale?
    Not for sale, but I can recommend the ones made in Paeroa at House of Kustom. Not too bad a price and mine has done me well. Plus if you buy a Triumph/Ducati/*insert single sided swing arm bike here* down the line all you need to do is fabricate a wee doohicky to make it work for that bike.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Not for sale, but I can recommend the ones made in Paeroa at House of Kustom. Not too bad a price and mine has done me well. Plus if you buy a Triumph/Ducati/*insert single sided swing arm bike here* down the line all you need to do is fabricate a wee doohicky to make it work for that bike.
    They seem to be the only local option. Does the pin fit nicely? Seems they come with a 28mm pin for Hondas where the NC30 should have a 31.5mm pin.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    They seem to be the only local option. Does the pin fit nicely? Seems they come with a 28mm pin for Hondas where the NC30 should have a 31.5mm pin.
    What price they go for? I could use one for my RC36.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    1987 GPX 250

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Cheers, my google-fu is shit today it seems.

I assume you mean the model without wheels, looks like you would want a reasonably tight fit on that spindle bore given how little it goes into the wheel.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    It fits nicely in my NC24. He will machine it to whatever size you want I think. I have access to a lathe so I am getting one made for the NC30 rather than forking out for them to make one for me.

Bike
    wr450f
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    It fits nicely in my NC24. He will machine it to whatever size you want I think. I have access to a lathe so I am getting one made for the NC30 rather than forking out for them to make one for me.
    Not so much 'access to a lathe' as 'I have an engineering student friend who works for food'
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    which brings me back to point Z. - use premium fuel.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    And the right plugs. And condoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    never really believed in em. which i suppose is why my bike runs rough and i have kids.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Askor View Post
    Not so much 'access to a lathe' as 'I have an engineering student friend who works for food'
    Ahhh, he has caught a wild one early, treat it right and he could have a lifelong tame engineer companion...

Thread Information