Page 213 of 249 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3725

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    Haha thanks mate. More power you reckon? I always have a laugh when people talk about saving 300g weight off a bike! I saved about 1.5kg off a pair of 3kg skates, now that's decent, however 300g out of 200kg? Hmmm...not sure you are going to do much to the power to weight ratio there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    RG 500,GSXR1100,NC30 VFR400x2 ,Hayabusa
    I got front and rear 520 sprockets for $90 at Boyds in Hamilton which is cheaper than can be had from the site in UK.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by NAR RG500 View Post
    I got front and rear 520 sprockets for $90 at Boyds in Hamilton which is cheaper than can be had from the site in UK.
    Cool thanks for the info

Don't need them yet but will ask around when the time comes.

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    second, does anyone have a known good set of carbs or a spare float valve that is good? I have a leaky one
    I have a set of carbs. They have been in storage for a while, I had them set aside for an experiment that I will likely never complete.
    PM me if you want to talk further.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Black wheels look much better than the stock red!
    http://clmintiepix.photoshelter.com/...000zAihf4zhFNw

White boots look a bit ridiculous

Bike is damn near perfect now it has some decent height at the back.

Bike
    Agreed to that! I had gold previously which wasn't bad though...have black on both the current vfr's.

Do you not switch out fairings for the track?/should I?

On another note, my latest package came from japan :-) full lock set, rear fender, brand new looking infills and a full fairings minus the front cowl (I have a beat up one left from when I got the first vfr that will do I guess....put her all together today with another clean of the number 1 float needle seat (George said that if the tip of the needle doesn't look worn, usually it's a matter of getting some autosol paste on an ear bud to clean up the inside to cure a sticky float needle...)I'll know tomorrow morning! Bike idles and revs absolutely perfect though! Next post I'll put both bikes up...cause going to have to
    Sell one! And I really can't decide!

I may have also just bought a bros 400 do up :-p.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Agreed to that! I had gold previously which wasn't bad though...have black on both the current vfr's.

Do you not switch out fairings for the track?/should I?

On another note, my latest package came from japan :-) full lock set, rear fender, brand new looking infills and a full fairings minus the front cowl (I have a beat up one left from when I got the first vfr that will do I guess....put her all together today with another clean of the number 1 float needle seat (George said that if the tip of the needle doesn't look worn, usually it's a matter of getting some autosol paste on an ear bud to clean up the inside to cure a sticky float needle...)I'll know tomorrow morning! Bike idles and revs absolutely perfect though! Next post I'll put both bikes up...cause going to have to
    Sell one! And I really can't decide!

I may have also just bought a bros 400 do up :-p.

Dont need to swap out fairings. Chances of crashing aren't that high unless you really push it. I didn't this time as I rode the bike to the track and couldnt be bothered putting lights/indicators on the black set of fairings I have.

What is the rear fender you have? The stock undertray? I wouldn't mind modifying one but would like to keep a standard one handy.

Bike
    I don't see myself pushing it :-) but having never been to the track before...and I have some frame sliders that don't fit on with stock lower fairings - are you allowed to take fairings off?:-p ie front lower and uppers?

Both are stock, the one I replaced was cut off where the cdi sat...given I have to re register this one, and my other vfr has been cut there too, figured I needed a stock one, do you want the cut one?

Bike
    91 nc30
    Anyone in hamilton with some spare NC30 shims? I need a few so I can at least measure and see what I need to buy.

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries

Time to sell

I'm wondering if I'm going to regret this, but.....

As much fun as it is making people on bigger bikes look silly in the corners, I've been on a 400 for a long time now (A.K.A I'm getting old,fat and lazy). As the boss has a strict one bike policy, to be able to upgrade if have say goodbye to my little pocket rocket. Because you're a bunch of GC's I thought I'd offer it up here first.

FOR SALE:

1994 Honda RVF 400 - $4500
    80,000ish km's (It's too much fun not to ride)

I've spent a small fortune on the RVF in the time that I've had it. Mechanically the bike is sound. Cosmetically it's a bit rough.

History
    I brought it 5ish years ago as an insurance write off (stolen and recovered). Got it back on the road and rode it happily unitl had to rebuild the motor about 18,00 km's ago. I had to split the cases to replace a bearing on the input shaft on the gearbox. While it was apart I gave the motor a birthday, replacing bearings and seals. The valve seats on the heads were a bit worn, so I brought another motor with good heads and replaced the valve stem seals while I was at it. Unfortunately I made a mistake when re-assembling the motor and got the crank bearings in the wrong place. This lead to a couple of stuffed crank journals and bearings. These were replaced by a qualified machanic this time to ensure it was right. Since then the bike has been running great until a couple of dodgey plug leads meant it wouldn't rev. I replaced all 4 leads with better quality NGK ones. Below is a list of parts I have replaced or upgraded on the bike.

Mechanically
    All new bearings and Seals in the motor (approx 18,000 km's ago)
    Samco water hoses and stainless clips
    Uprated EBC kelvar clutch plates and springs
    New Clutch steels
    Rebuilt front brake calipers (some new pistons, all new seals)
    New brake rotors (approx 4 years ago, still like new)
    Braided front brake lines
    New seals in front brake master cylinder
    Racetech springs, valving and shim stacks (installed by Robert Taylor at KSS)
    Carbs cleaned during last last visit to mechanic.

Electrically
    New Alternator
    New Ignitech HD reg/rec
    New Ignitech Programmable CDI (no speed limiter)
    NGK plug leads
    New Spark plugs (approx 2,000 km's ago)

Cosmetically
    Cheap aftermarket fairings in West racing colours. have a cracks and the fit ain't great.
    Wheels have been freshly powder coated (White)
    Riders seat professionally recovered in leather.

Things to do...
    Rear Shock could do with replacing to match the upgraded front suspension.
    Side stand switch isn't working, but it is ignored by the Ignitech CDI anyway. I might replace it anyway?
    Make it look pretty (if that is your thing?)
    Ride it hard and embarass your mates on bigger bikes, with your "learners approved" RVF. (if that is not your thing, you are not worthy of owning one)

Bike
    Photos? Hmm pros and cons - tbh I would be worried about spending 4.5k on an rvf without oem fairings, though a good amount of work has been done on the bike so I can see why you are asking that price... So keen though I suspect if struggle getting a 4th bike in the carport :-p...

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Photos? Hmm pros and cons - tbh I would be worried about spending 4.5k on an rvf without oem fairings, though a good amount of work has been done on the bike so I can see why you are asking that price... So keen though I suspect if struggle getting a 4th bike in the carport :-p...
    The cosmetic side of things was last on my list. I've always liked the Tyga fairings and they look top quality. The new owner can put their personal touch on it and choose what they want. I'll get some photos up on the weekend.

I'm open to a bit of negotiation on price

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Shock needs to come out again

Makes contact with swingarm at full extension. Couple of mm off the ride height should fix it. Have to wait for parts for my stand to arrive. Managed to lose a vital piece at a trackday last week

Bike
    NC30s
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Shock needs to come out again

Makes contact with swingarm at full extension. Couple of mm off the ride height should fix it. Have to wait for parts for my stand to arrive. Managed to lose a vital piece at a trackday last week
    Sounds terminal, you should probably just give the shock to me

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Are you home tonight Vin? I am heading your way for a christmas party around 6pm and can drop that fairing off to you if you want.

Thread Information