Page 231 of 249 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 3725

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    That sounds excellent.

Bring it up to HD and giz a go
    would love to go there one day , hope to have it finshed for the vic winter series

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

New Toy

So got my new toy all well and good, here's the details:

The bike needs from my observations a clutch cable and nothing more to get it going, will be taking the carbs off and giving them a clean out then sticking a battery on it to see if it fires up at all.

The 2nd bikes is not complete, to complete it I would need to:
    Rebuild the engine or replace it
    Buy a rear sub frame
    Buy a full front end including clip ons, levers etc
    Fairings
    Gauges etc.

So not sure what I will do with the other bike whether I just part it out or try and build some sort of frankenstein beast for a laugh.

I found amongst my parts what looks like brand new head lights and indicators, anyone want?

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    To me the parts there aren't ones generally in need much? Though crazy man on here might have those bits given he's done wierd things to a vfr engine :-)

I think I have a clutch cable from the uk I bought but couldn't wait so ended up getting an inner done before it arrived...where are ya?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Oh and your chances of getting a full front end...slim id say :-p cheaper buying a whole bike

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    To me the parts there aren't ones generally in need much? Though crazy man on here might have those bits given he's done wierd things to a vfr engine :-)

I think I have a clutch cable from the uk I bought but couldn't wait so ended up getting an inner done before it arrived...where are ya?

In the Chch, the shaky city. I definately will be keen for that cable, shouldn't cost too much to ship.

I might have an engine cover to match your silver, I will have a pick through, perhaps we could do a swapsy.

Oh and your chances of getting a full front end...slim id say :-p cheaper buying a whole bike

Only if you stick a VFR front end on that is :P.

Bike
    Up to you - I'd just be keen to get close to cost back on it, flick me a pm :-). Itl at the most get Into a 4$ bag I reckon.

What do you mean re engine cover?:-)

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    So back at the age old question, what tyres should I race the NC30 on. I thought there were 18" slicks available but my internet searches are drawing a blank. Ideally I will be sticking a 17" on the rear if I manage to snap one up before the bike is ready, but need to get an interim plan in place.

So VFR experts, what is available?

Bike
    RG 500,GSXR1100,NC30 VFR400x2 ,Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    So back at the age old question, what tyres should I race the NC30 on. I thought there were 18" slicks available but my internet searches are drawing a blank. Ideally I will be sticking a 17" on the rear if I manage to snap one up before the bike is ready, but need to get an interim plan in place.

So VFR experts, what is available?
    Depends how fast ya are, 18 Bridgestone slick is no more. I use a bt090 on the 18 and it's mint for my current pace on track days. Would also like to get a 17" rim but doing more trackdays would improve my pace more than fitting a 17.

Cheers

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    A few ideas to play with
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NC30 Track bike0003.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	177.9 KB 
ID:	311026   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NC30 Track bike0002.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	311027   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NC30 Track bike0001.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	311028   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NC30 Track bike.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	168.8 KB 
ID:	311029  

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    So got my new toy all well and good, here's the details:

The bike needs from my observations a clutch cable and nothing more to get it going, will be taking the carbs off and giving them a clean out then sticking a battery on it to see if it fires up at all.
    If/when you take the carbs off, buy a tube of rubber grease (brake caliper grease) as they're a right bastard to get back in. I knew an NC30 owner who regularly climbed a ladder and hung from his garage rafters, standing on the carbs to get them back in....I told his girlfriend to buy him a rubber hammer for Xmas...I've also seen the carb surround/airbox bottom with bits broken out due to overenthusiatic hammering.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Stickiest 18" tyre you can get in NZ would be the Dunlop Alpha 13s. Or a BT090 but a few of us here have tried asking around and no one seems to stock them.

I run alpha 13s on my 17" rim but will go to supercorsas once I wear them out.

Bike
    To grumph I say buy nc35 carb rubber adapter from David silver spares :-). Getting carbs on and off is no sweat with the angled lip.

To silent - does aj not have any 090's? Bits4bikes has them on the site... The alpha is a good tyre anyway :-), though not a slick - I'd have no idea about slicks, again maybe luke could help you there. The advantage to the 17" rim is more the wider tyre choice :-)

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    To grumph I say buy nc35 carb rubber adapter from David silver spares :-). Getting carbs on and off is no sweat with the angled lip.

To silent - does aj not have any 090's? Bits4bikes has them on the site... The alpha is a good tyre anyway :-), though not a slick - I'd have no idea about slicks, again maybe luke could help you there. The advantage to the 17" rim is more the wider tyre choice :-)

Ah yeah they they have the 90 rear but not front. Thought it was the other way around.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by NAR RG500 View Post
    Depends how fast ya are, 18 Bridgestone slick is no more. I use a bt090 on the 18 and it's mint for my current pace on track days. Would also like to get a 17" rim but doing more trackdays would improve my pace more than fitting a 17.

Cheers
    Well as I am out every 3rd weekend racing I would like to think I am getting faster. Had a race on my NC24 yesterday and knocked a couple of tenths off my best time, still off pace from what the bike can do, but working on it every lap to get faster

The BT090 looked a bit hard to get a hold of when I was searching, they used to be on the cycle treads website but they aren't anymore.
    There is a really sticky Avon AM23 which one of my mates is running on his 89 FZR, not sure if I can match the 17 front though as I am anal retentive and like to have matching rubber front and back.

Thanks for all your suggestions, think the 17" wheel will be the eventual plan, but if I can get something half decent on the 18 I will stick with it

Bike
    GPR150

maybe a zxr400 front end , i mate put one in a nc30 years ago

Thread Information