Thread: I wanna put a 125cc motor into a xr50 frame

Bike
    1994 honda xr 80

I wanna put a 125cc motor into a xr50 frame

i wanna do it for a project would like any suggestions would like to make it the best i can or change the frame or diffrent motor all sugestions welcome thnx

Bike
    1997 Yamaha TRX850

Good fun

Yes you can. the Loncin 125cc is the best quality. Can do those for around $560. Use a 26mm carburetor or the 30mm carb with extra accelerator pumper. The wiring up is simple, 125cc engines are 4 speed manual gearboxes.
    Loncin gearboxes are stronger than Lifan.

Engine brackets are easy to make up, you can just cut out dumbies from cardboard until you get the shape you want, then get them cut out of steel. (get a few extra made cause you can sell them to someone else and make back your money). get someone to weld them in for you, probably cost about $60 if you cant do yourself, MIG welding is stronger than the old acetaline torch welds.
    www.newmanz.co.nz/shop

Its better to burn out
    Than to fade away

Bike
    2011 yz450f
    yo dude you got the original XR50 engine?

My 1970 oddddd Z50 I pulled it down and its dropped the compression rigns

I just want to bolt another motor in and go
    Blindspott are back as Blacklist check them out
    www.blacklistmusicnz.co.nz

Bike
    various
    Hey Mr Newmanz.....have a bit of a project of my own, needs as light as possible engine with 11hp at the back wheel. What does one of them 125 Loncins weigh in at, +/- manifold and carb? How would you rate its survival with a 146cc kit from these guys?
    http://www.extremesportsandgear.com/...-bigbor/Detail
    How's compatibilty with jialing? 57mm stroke and 13mm pin.
    Insert witticism.

Bike
    2006 X18 pocketbike.
    im swapping my 110 out of my x18 super pocket bike and going with a 125cc GPX... that is a great engine. has a great clutch and i believe you can go up to a 153cc big bore kit but yea the crf 50 frame will hold just about any horizontal engine. i was going to buy a crf50 frame to put my 110 in but i decided not to...

good luck friend
    BREAKING ALL THE RULES AND NOT GETTIN' CAUGHT

Bike
    1997 Yamaha TRX850
    Quote Originally Posted by zooter View Post
    Hey Mr Newmanz.....have a bit of a project of my own, needs as light as possible engine with 11hp at the back wheel. What does one of them 125 Loncins weigh in at, +/- manifold and carb? How would you rate its survival with a 146cc kit from these guys?
    http://www.extremesportsandgear.com/...-bigbor/Detail
    How's compatibilty with jialing? 57mm stroke and 13mm pin.
    How much height do you have in your frame? Can you spare 45cm height?
    If you can then I would recommend the new CBD Loncin 144.7cc engine. This bad boy puts out minimum 11Kw, this is the same as many other 200cc engines !!!..... Ok the problem with trying to use the 146cc kits on a standard horizontal piston engine is the casing webbing inside. Due to the bore size, the engine becomes weak in the casing as it was never built to take it. The factories made a 140cc version like this and it was touch and go... the vertical engines are way better once over 125cc..

It comes down to how much $$$$ you want to spend. A CBD engine 144.7cc is under $600 and is a very high quality engine, also we got massive mods coming for these, even a 30mm walbro carb with inbuilt accelerator pump
    www.newmanz.co.nz/shop

Its better to burn out
    Than to fade away

Bike
    various
    That upright has too much of everything except power sadly. I can accept touch and go if it mostly go.

Have you got any specs on big flat motors?
    Insert witticism.

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by toddk0 View Post
    i wanna do it for a project would like any suggestions would like to make it the best i can or change the frame or diffrent motor all sugestions welcome thnx
    just get the CRF 100
    honda's rule, but i want a kawasaki?

Thread Information