Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Northland 80 km limit?

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Girardin
    Satire! S A T I R E! I know it's hard to recognise when your entire day is one long irony.
    So now you are a master of all things to do with comedy too. Perhaps you should start writing humorous columns for the national newspapers...............Oh, sorry, you already do that don't you.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by spudchucka
    So now you are a master of all things to do with comedy too. Perhaps you should start writing humorous columns for the national newspapers...............Oh, sorry, you already do that don't you.
    < Sits back, opens beer and popcorn >
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom
    Some overseas jurisdictions still use horse-mounted cops for crowd control and the like, don't they?

And there's nothing that humanises a police officer to the law-abiding public more than looking ridiculous on a bicycle.
    Horses are used for crowd control here too, not often but they do still get used.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    < joins JR >

after LOL

Bike
    1986 honda vfr 750f, dr650 tardish
    not sure I should interupt or even stick my head up here but if suddenly and somewhat unbelievably every one stopped breaking any kind of law for say 1 funding period then started back up would the police receive any money at all? or is it not entirely a quota system? kind of like how the councils spend money on raods hard out at the end of the finacial year so that their funding isnt cut back,
    dont break your cake

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Girardin
    (POP! Bubble bursts, back to flogging three tickets an hour to people who hate you for it)
    WRONG! Well maybe for you sorry-arsed north-islander types it might be true but so far my worst day has resulted in 7 out of 8 saying 'thanks' when they get their I.O.N, most days it stands at around 9 out of ten and those that grump are either wannabe cops/lawyers or slack-jawed, mouth-breathing improvident lack-witted oxygen-thieves, and who gives a toss about them? (I run a private survey just for 'personal interest')
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Girardin View Post
    Apparently Northland roads incur costs, (accidents, etc), at a far greater rate than most other provinces. So one of the Plod managers is proposing an 80 km/h limit for most of their roads.
    This probably seems easier and more profitable than catching the drunks, unlicenced drivers, crap cars, etc that really cause their road toll.
    It really does seem that these Transit NZ, LTSA and Plod cretins are determined to impose an 80 km limit by stealth.
    And if that doesn't work, 70 or 60 or 50 or a man with a red flag.
    Ten years on and around it comes again, like miniskirts but on Judith Collins
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buggerit View Post
    Ten years on and around it comes again, like miniskirts but on Judith Collins
    epic thread dredge!

but yeah. fuck aucklanders. you wreck our roads for us. dome valley was perfectly safe at 140.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    epic thread dredge!

but yeah. fuck aucklanders. you wreck our roads for us. dome valley was perfectly safe at 140.
    Still is

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    WRONG! Well maybe for you sorry-arsed north-islander types it might be true but so far my worst day has resulted in 7 out of 8 saying 'thanks' when they get their I.O.N, most days it stands at around 9 out of ten and those that grump are either wannabe cops/lawyers or slack-jawed, mouth-breathing improvident lack-witted oxygen-thieves, and who gives a toss about them? (I run a private survey just for 'personal interest')
    Do ya reckon Scumdog has mellowed,the big softy

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by buggerit View Post
    Do ya reckon Scumdog has mellowed,the big softy
    Fuck-off!
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Ag100

6th anniversay of no posts by Lou 13.10.2014

do we send a card or flowers

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    I just got back from driving roads with an open road limit of 120kph but where most traffic sat at between 150kph and 190kph. This included 5 lane highways as well as two lane open road highways. It was very safe and efficient because people had good road manners (keep left, pull left when a faster vehicle approaches from behind etc.). It just reiterated to me that speed is nowhere near our problem, our problems as I see them are:

1) NZ Drivers lack decent road craft skills in general.

2) NZ Drivers have too much arrogance (the "I am doing 100kph so why should I move left for you?)

3) NZ Drivers generally have poor manners when they are out and about in their cars.

But yeah...the party line here will continue to be "speed kills", regardless of how short sighted this view is to being the silver bullet to safer roads with better driving.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I just got back from driving roads with an open road limit of 120kph but where most traffic sat at between 150kph and 190kph. This included 5 lane highways as well as two lane open road highways. It was very safe and efficient because people had good road manners (keep left, pull left when a faster vehicle approaches from behind etc.). It just reiterated to me that speed is nowhere near our problem, our problems as I see them are:

1) NZ Drivers lack decent road craft skills in general.

2) NZ Drivers have too much arrogance (the "I am doing 100kph so why should I move left for you?)

3) NZ Drivers generally have poor manners when they are out and about in their cars.

But yeah...the party line here will continue to be "speed kills", regardless of how short sighted this view is to being the silver bullet to safer roads with better driving.
    Your three reasons illustrate why speed is a problem on NZ roads though.
    I think I'd be right in most NZ drivers want to be allowed to go fast but don't trust everyone else to be allowed to go fast, which oddly sounds just like the police depts policy...
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Your three reasons illustrate why speed is a problem on NZ roads though.
    I think I'd be right in most NZ drivers want to be allowed to go fast but don't trust everyone else to be allowed to go fast, which oddly sounds just like the police depts policy...
    Definitely. Skills and attitudes needs adjusting before it would be acceptable to move at much higher speeds.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Thread Information