Page 108 of 215 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3221

Thread: The DR650 thread

Bike
    BMW R1200GS hexhead.Suzuki DR650K6,CT110

Announce Publioc Service Notice ahead of DB - checking bearing in the sprocket carrier

hi - I don't wish to be alarmist - however I'm aware Monstaman had the bearing that carries the sprocket on his DR collapse recently

Just found mine the same when changing rear tyre in prep for the Dusty this afternoon - might be an area for all DR riders to check ahead of this event.

My mechanic was able to replace the bearing with a quality bearing he had in stock

Looking forward to the DB - gotta confess with a little apprehension this year since I'm another year older - Gold Card by the time the 2013 DB rolls around Cheers S
    Last edited by Aslan; 12th January 2012 at 21:31. Reason: typo
    those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind..

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Replaced the lot of mine inc seals.

http://www.bits4bikes.co.nz/parts/suzuki/5191.aspx

About $53 to do them all...

Bike
    Suzuki DR650SE/BMW F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    hi - I don't wish to be alarmist - however I'm aware Monstaman had the bearing that carries the sprocket on his DR collapse recently

Just found mine the same when changing rear tyre in prep for the Dusty this afternoon - might be an area for all DR riders to check ahead of this event.

My mechanic was able to replace the bearing with a quality bearing he had in stock

Looking forward to the DB - gotta confess with a little apprehension this year since I'm another year older - Gold Card by the time the 2013 DB rolls around Cheers S
    Thanks for the heads up Aslan, enjoy the Dusty (if only) Don't forget all those lovely discounts you'll be eligible for next year! Haven't found any for bikes yet though, mostly coffee and transport but getting back and forth across the harbour for nix is sometimes useful. Haven't tried to take the bike to Waiheke yet though

Bike
    BMW R1200GS hexhead.Suzuki DR650K6,CT110
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmmm View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Aslan, enjoy the Dusty (if only) Don't forget all those lovely discounts you'll be eligible for next year! Haven't found any for bikes yet though, mostly coffee and transport but getting back and forth across the harbour for nix is sometimes useful. Haven't tried to take the bike to Waiheke yet though
    Cheers Hmmm - maybe we'll catch up again at the next (rumoured) CCA in 2012 or Clint & Rosie's legendary MMMMM later in the year - cheers S
    those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind..

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    'Good things come to those who wait'
    Bollocks, get of your arse and go get it

Bike
    DR650
    seat looks like a giant marshmallow!

Quote Originally Posted by dino3310 View Post

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    So, how often do you guys change your spark plugs?

Thinking of doing it before the DB1K.

Bike
    Dr650

parts required

Hey guys its been a while since ive been on this thread got my bike back from the uk after doing my round the world trip 27,000km from vladivostok to london no problems on my 2008 dr650. Only to have a 18 year old do a u turn in Pukekohe on me and force me to bail . I was able to save most of the impact with thanks going to the lord!
    But needing some parts, anyone know where i can get some second hand parts in particular front brake cylindar, brake hose and calipar? If anyone has upgraded their fairings and has their old ones around be keen to buy. Looking forward to getting back on the road so let me know when you guys are doing some tours in nz.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Quote Originally Posted by dino3310 View Post
    definately a well sorted bike...i think the owner lived opposite rdjase in havelock nth
    my posterior would lve to own that seat lol

went for a two up blat on sunday, mix of seal gravel and bloody hard bush track
    .....not fun for two bums on standard seat!!!!!
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    BUMP..............

hi all, just having some thoughts on my dr650..it goes bloody well power wise
    but the suspension is painfully stock which is not so much a problem for rough terrain
    at the mo..more that it understeers quite bad, the front tyre always wanting to washout
    on gravel, also wanting to take a wider lazier line onroad than other dr650s ive followed
    naturally theres the all important rider imput and if i ride it with plenty of body english
    it helps it to hook in better but overall i think it should be better than oit is

the back end is a bit saggy so at the mo ill wind up the remaining preload (about one inch )
    on the shock, and slip the forks up another 10 mm (which will make it 20 mm all up) above the
    triple clamp and see if it helps
    failing that maybe some shock work will be on the cards

any advice folks?
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    that black thing above the puddle of oil
    Mine's not the best either. It might just be a DR thing.

I just ride to it's strengths. Being lazy turning, I set up the corner early, go in wide and apex late.

On gravel, plan well ahead and use a bit of rear end steering . Smooooooth is the key as it takes bugger all to unsettle the suspension. A dab of brake every now and then seems to keep things under control.

Oh, and it's never going to handle like an XR....
    Showing off for the camera since ages ago

Barts Photos
    Barts adventure photo thread

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    i thinks thats kinda the system ive developed when riding it...albeit not as fast as you
    everyone who has rode it has commented that the front end is lazy (mimmicking its owner?) lol
    next time i see you i might get you to take it for a quik spin and get your verdict
    it may well be as you say...just the way they are
    cheers bart!

chur

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Stand up.

Helps a lot with inadequate suspension/tyres.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    yep, stand up plenty which helps a lot certainly
    are you running stock springs and damping fran?
    not looking to blame the bake so to speak
    just get an idea of other peoples setups

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayflash View Post
    yep, stand up plenty which helps a lot certainly
    are you running stock springs and damping fran?
    not looking to blame the bake so to speak
    just get an idea of other peoples setups
    Stock? Hell no.

0.47kg/mm straight rate Eibach front springs, Intiminators and 5w oil in the front.
    7.6kg/mm Eibach rear spring, 10w oil in the back.

The rear needs revalving or replacing but is OK for my lower speed adventuring.

Shinko 705's front and rear for almost all surfaces without much front end washing at all.

Thread Information