Page 195 of 215 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3221

Thread: The DR650 thread

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    Quote Originally Posted by RogIrwin View Post
    Could you evaluate a pair of tits from a description alone? You sort of know what you are looking at but a photo just makes it so much easier...
    Haha.......more of a legs and arse man myself........but i take your point mate
    7k ya think........hmmmm
    ***** POLITICIANS *****
    People Of Little Integrity Thieving Innocent Citizens Incomes And Need Shooting

*******KASPA*******
    Knavery Artificial Spurious Pretentious Arseholes

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    So my brother just sent me this photo.

Would you expect this to be fixed under the warranty?

He's only had his bike back for a month or so after having all the coils and associated electrics replaced under warranty.

It's not as obvious a manufacturing fault as some of the poxy welds previous models had. But I don't really like his chances? (he hasn't taken it in to find out yet)

What do you think?
    Last edited by speights_bud; 2nd May 2015 at 19:30. Reason: Forgot to attach photo.

Bike
    that black thing above the puddle of oil
    How old's the bike? I'd certainly be pushing the warranty issue if it's under 3 years and low miles.
    Showing off for the camera since ages ago

Barts Photos
    Barts adventure photo thread

Bike
    CB1300
    Give it a bit of a degrease. You never know could be chain "tar".
    I've had a few dafuq moment with the CB. But it's just the strands of lube full of other crap.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    How old's the bike? I'd certainly be pushing the warranty issue if it's under 3 years and low miles.
    Bike was a year old last month (april), 2 year warranty. He bought it new. 20,000ks. Mostly on road as it's his commuter/main transport.

Pretty sure it's definitely a crack. I'll give him shit for being a paper engineer if it's not...

I just had a thought (but would depend on the dealer) that I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to say the weld isn't faulty and 'you broke it.'

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Give it a bit of a degrease. You never know could be chain "tar".
    I've had a few dafuq moment with the CB. But it's just the strands of lube full of other crap.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.
    He's just checked, Def not grease/tar, he can hook his fingernail into it

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    I would be looking very hard at the linkage mount on the inside of the arm...
    That just might be a tell tail of something happening on the cross brace linkage mount...
    a lot of the alloy welds on motor bikes are done with no prep so are little more than surface weld
    guess it to time consuming to prep every weld area in a production situration...
    wonder you do see more of this type of stuff... they do pretty well really...
    Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Has the bike been dropped on its left? Sounds more likely than spacing issues at the swingarm as it'd have more leverage to do some damage. Even better if it was on a stand, without the wheel when it fell.
    Either way, they're designed to handle that sort of crap.
    Swingarm spacing issues usually show as cracks on the drive side frame member around the swingarm pivot...

Bike
    07 triumph sprint st

parts for dr 650

hi all just purchased dr 650 . where in nz can i purchase after market parts ,sargent seat, luggage racks etc or do i just order straight from pro cycles . cheers

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by ratsalad View Post
    hi all just purchased dr 650 . where in nz can i purchase after market parts ,sargent seat, luggage racks etc or do i just order straight from pro cycles . cheers
    I got my Acerbis tank through Colemans, Freedom Suzuki in Palmy have a few bits too... Procycles are good but suss out the exchange rate and shipping, some stuff may be cheaper to buy here now...
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Brother took his bike into the shop today. Looks like another warranty job. That's 2 warranty claims in 3 months on a 1year old bike. Musta come off the production line on a Friday.

This is what he said:

Right took her in. They did a crack test etc. Sent pics of suzuki. It's a warranty job. So once we get sign off from suzuki we order the part in as none are in the country and replace it. I'm riding her still. Just keeping an eye on it. They don't have any working loaners as everyone's wrecked them. Once sign off part will take 10-15 days to get here.

Bike
    1998 Suzuki RF900
    Hi folks,

I have recently stripped and repainted my 95 DR650SE.

I have goteverything back together and running well and looking good.

The only thing i'm unsure of if I have the chain rollers in the right place.

It doesn't make much sense but the only configuration I can work out is for the small roller to go above the chain and the large roller to go below the chain. The weird part is that the lower (big) roller doesn't actually roll at the moment.

SO my questions are as follows:

1) Are my rollers in the right places
    2) Should my lower roller actually move or is it static
    3) Should the chain be over it as in the pics.

Your help would be appreciated. Especially those who have owned or currently own the 95 DR.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150518_194909.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	262.8 KB 
ID:	312013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150518_194826.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	217.5 KB 
ID:	312014Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150518_194752.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	175.9 KB 
ID:	312015Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150518_194628.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	312016Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150518_194553.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	312017

Bike
    VL250

Speedo

Hey guys. Thought I'd share this with you. My stock speedo broke the other day and after a few days contemplating replacing it with a Trail Tech or something similar, I found a custom bike online utilizing a bicycle speedo. I brushed it off but thought about it again whilst in a bike shop in town. They're smaller, cheaper, lighter and easier to install compared to a Trail Tech. I'm not really on a budget with my bike but thought of it as a bit of a challenge/something to be a bit different. So...I bought a Knog Nerd bicycle speedo of Trade Me for $45. Here's a few pics of what it is, wireless, small and descrete. I can even take the speedo off the handle bars in a split second if I'm parking anywhere dodgy as it's easily removable.

I'll be mounting it this week, either mounting the magnet pickup on a spoke or glued into one of the outer brake disk holes. Will report back!

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Only problems could be...
    Lack of backlight for night time.
    Electrical interference for the wireless transmitter.

I used a cable speedo with an extension spliced in and some EL-wire wrapped around the speedo for lighting.

Bike
    VL250
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Only problems could be...
    Lack of backlight for night time.
    Electrical interference for the wireless transmitter.

I used a cable speedo with an extension spliced in and some EL-wire wrapped around the speedo for lighting.

It has a backlight (not the best) but I'm not doing too much night riding, especially not on highways or motorways so I can normally judge when I'm at 55-60 around town. Electrical interference would be Interesting, time will tell. If it doesn't work, I'll chuck it on my push bike!

Thread Information