Page 189 of 215 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 3221

Thread: The DR650 thread

Bike
    92 R80 GS
    Hi Guys. I have a couple a brand new clutch cable and brand new speedo cables for sale. My DR650 has been sold so they are surplus to requirements

SOLD

Bike
    Dr six fiddy

What have i done?

Well gone and done it now.

Got myself one of them new DR650 things to try out this adventure riding gig.

Will it workout? Have i made the right move? Will my KTM friends still talk to me? Will my KTM now refuse to come out of the shed and play?

So many unanswered questions, time will tell

Bike
    that black thing above the puddle of oil
    Quote Originally Posted by nzexc View Post
    Well gone and done it now.

Got myself one of them new DR650 things to try out this adventure riding gig.

Will it workout? Have i made the right move? Will my KTM friends still talk to me? Will my KTM now refuse to come out of the shed and play?

So many unanswered questions, time will tell
    I often wonder what I'm doing on a DR, but then just the other day I was ripping down the road doing 120kmh, didn't even button off when the seal turned to gravel. Once I got to a rocky river bed leading into the ranges, I started rock hopping my way up stream, well into the bush.

There aren't many bikes out there that handle such varied terrain as well as the DR. Good road manners, and reasonably capable off road.

You'll soon change your name to nzdr...
    Showing off for the camera since ages ago

Barts Photos
    Barts adventure photo thread

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Yep the go the mighty DR650

Well its taken four different off's but my bars are now bent Of course with the adrenaline at the time and being sidewqays on the gravel all the way home I didn't notice till the next time I left home on tarmac to go to the club.

So decisions.... what to replace with, go with same size or slightly thicker bars??? what extra mounting hoodakis needed for aftermarket bars???
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post

Well its taken four different off's but my bars are now bent Of course with the adrenaline at the time and being sidewqays on the gravel all the way home I didn't notice till the next time I left home on tarmac to go to the club.

So decisions.... what to replace with, go with same size or slightly thicker bars??? what extra mounting hoodakis needed for aftermarket bars???
    I can't say enough about Renthals.
    The fatty renthals on my 950 have had grevious abuse over the last eight years with some highspeed and less than graceful dismounts.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post

im in the market for new bars also, am thinking of getting these 'forward or back' risers as i need a bit more height and space on dr650 for standing.
    cant quite work out if the come in standard size and/or fatbar i guess ill wait n see when they arrive as to which bar i need, ive got a set of protapers fatbar in the gge waiting to serve duty again, other wise its be i high (ish) renthal 22mm
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    XRV750, DL650, KL250, XR200R
    In the same position, The bars that were on the AT when I picked it up are no longer straight so will be looking for a replacement at some stage during the rebuild. A question, With the thicker walled bars, Do the normal expanders still work in the ends for things like bark buster guards etc?
    COP, "Ive been waiting to catch you all day"
    BIKER "Sorry officer, I got here as fast as I could"

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Waipukbiker View Post
    In the same position, The bars that were on the AT when I picked it up are no longer straight so will be looking for a replacement at some stage during the rebuild. A question, With the thicker walled bars, Do the normal expanders still work in the ends for things like bark buster guards etc?
    Usually they won't fit in the bars, you need ones for thick wall bars. I have seen sets that come with both recently.
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    XRV750, DL650, KL250, XR200R
    Thanks for that Eddieb
    COP, "Ive been waiting to catch you all day"
    BIKER "Sorry officer, I got here as fast as I could"

Bike
    Dr six fiddy

Time for a Trip

Ok i'm over the shock of my first ride around the block on the lead sled. Being a boots and all in kind of guy booked myself a spot on the Taupo long way around. Invercargill Taupo return and 700km weekend in the middle.

How hard can it be for my first ever adventure ride, right?

Taking all my best friends, me, myself and I.

Anyone else going to join us?

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    thats a big ride nzexc, i trust your not running the standard dr650 seat foam?
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    Dr six fiddy
    got one of those air hawk things. Anyway the Dr feels like a lazyboy compared to the EXC. Lost most of the feeling years ago

Bike
    Buell XB12X 'Black Betty'
    Quote Originally Posted by nzexc View Post
    got one of those air hawk things. Anyway the Dr feels like a lazyboy compared to the EXC. Lost most of the feeling years ago
    Mmmm.....

Some years ago now, I once did a ride from Bluff to Picton on the stock dr seat, 12 hrs it took me.

I have only just been able to reduce the meds and I am enjoying the weekend releases...................................
    I'm no gynaecologist, however I would be happy to take a look......................

Bike
    DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatijim View Post
    Some years ago now, I once did a ride from Bluff to Picton on the stock dr seat, 12 hrs it took me.
    Yeah, I have done about 500km in a day on the stock seat. I think that after about 100km it gets to a point that it doesn't get any worse and you just keep riding.

Bike
    that black thing above the puddle of oil
    I never have a problem with the seat, but I wear the padding on the inside of my pants.
    Showing off for the camera since ages ago

Barts Photos
    Barts adventure photo thread

Thread Information