Page 99 of 215 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3221

Thread: The DR650 thread

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddieb View Post
    Congratulations on your new DR.

Maybe we should have a Welly DR night sometime soon.

I'd be keen to meet some Welly adventure riders. I plan on doing a fair bit of riding well off any beaten track so it'd be good to hear some stories of where to look and what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by DR650gary View Post
    Bargain, well done. Enjoy the ride home, just wait for a lack of rain.

You may want to consider this. You could gut it a bit more than it has been and it gives you a cheaper exhaust option than either an aftermarket or a GSXR one.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-415836692.htm
    I should be riding it down this Saturday, with a detour up the Tukino ski field road to the gate and if it's still daylight maybe down Turakina Valley Road.

When I rode it last weekend I did find the standard exhaust note rather on the civilised side. Initially I just want to ride it rather than take it apart but it's going to get louder sooner or later.

Bike
    DR650 again
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post

When I rode it last weekend I did find the standard exhaust note rather on the civilised side. Initially I just want to ride it rather than take it apart but it's going to get louder sooner or later.
    Any good engineer should be able to modify that one for little cost. Cheapest option by a mile and you would have all the same mounting points as well.

Just remember to look at the jetting at the same time, although there are probably enough spare jets floating around this forum to rebuilt a dozen DR carbs

Bike
    1986 honda vfr 750f, dr650 tardish
    If you do want a cheap exhaust but the gsxr one's are too expensive or unobtainable you could try one off a zx10r . Im not sure what year zx0r but it was one of 2 for that bike. I'm pretty sure the one I got for 150$ is made of titanium (internals) as I would put its weight at around 1.3 kg's or so.
    Sounds great and has that nice mix of nice idle note, civilised legal speed riding but when you twist the throttle open people know your there. I've left the cat in as I think it helps reduce noise and I don't think I would see a huge improvement flow wise.
    dont break your cake

Bike
    2007 DR650

Confessions of an idiot!

Think I need to fess up to a hugely embarrasing thing...
    For any KLR lurkers, its not owning a DR either - much worse!
    Today I ran out of the same tank of fuel twice...
    A few weeks ago whilst seeing how far my bike will go to reserve with the new FCR carb I deliberately ran it to reserve, (170kms) I then switched it to reserve and foolishly zero'ed the trip. (you can already see it coming...)
    It then sat in the garage getting a good spring service, valve clearances, oil, filter, etc.
    Today was my first ride out and I checked the trip, forgot it was on reserve already and headed out, thinking I'll get fuel at Shannon...Didnt make Shannon
    Thanks to Pikey for passing by, resisting his initial urge to give me the finger and speed past, then returning to his place for the trailer (I still hadnt realised it was fuel - I had checked the plugs and sidestand and clutch cut outs. I was racking my brains to what I had touched during the service that would cause the bike to cut out. So convinced was I that it had only done 50kms on its current tank)
    It was only the final check when on the trailer of the fuel hose that I realised that nothing was coming out... check tank...Doh, F$#king, S$&t, B*((#r, etc etc
    And thanks to Sudman for riding to Shannon to meet me twice!
    So here I sit confessing all and feeling a right knob!
    Cool ride up to the reservoirs above Shannon though. In the end a good day!

Bike
    2004 DR650
    I like Shannon so much so I went there twice today, good thing I don't mind road riding

Bike
    DR650,CZ250 Falta, TM125
    Haaaaa
    It was tempting to keep on driving seeing that I was working while you were riding. Beers on you next trip

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    The Natural coloured semi transparent IMS tank will fix that, never be in doubt again.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    DR650,CZ250 Falta, TM125
    My yellow one should arrive tomorrow!!
    Won't help if no gas in it though

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Yep, ya can't see through the yellow ones.
    My partner got herself a yellow one... something about matching colours with her bike.
    I just wanted to see the gas level on mine.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    DR650,CZ250 Falta, TM125
    But not quite as ugly

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Might be better if petrol was a different colour.

Bike
    2004 DR650
    Now there's idea yellow petrol
    I would need blue to suit my bike and Gavin could have black

Bike
    DR650

GN250 centre stand tardme

you stuck on of these on didn't you Eddie? Work ok? Get anything off the ground much?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=416909246

Bike
    Wrrrrrr

Price reduction

I purchased the bike on trademe advertised at $ 6995 offered him $ 5500 which he declined eventually agreed on $ 6200 then found out he let the rego lapse for 12 moth so it was de-registered so i ended up giving him $ 5660 and then registered it myself. Told him to pull the add but he wanted the buy now used to secure the deal.

QUOTE=Ender EnZed;1130174529]I doubt he'd accept what I'd offer but it'll almost certainly reach reserve in which case it'll sell by auction. I'm hoping the other bidders know it's a buyer's market.

That sounds about right for an actual sale price rather than what most people ask for months on end. That said, this sat for months before it sold at full price.

They are good farkles, a lot of them are things I'd end up spending money on if I bought a stock DR. Hmmmm, looks like I might need to go to Taupo this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewolf View Post
    you stuck on of these on didn't you Eddie? Work ok? Get anything off the ground much?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=416909246
    'George' the yellow bike came with one fitted. With the bike in the factory lowered suspension setup it lifted the rear wheel off the ground by an inch or so. Not much but enough to lube the chain or get the wheel off fairly easily.

It's not a bolt up solution either looking at mine. You need an adapter plate made up for them. If you go back to to near the beginning of my DR build thread there's pics of my setup.
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Thread Information