Page 191 of 215 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3221

Thread: The DR650 thread

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    mine was a black 990 - didn't have any orange on it cept for a couple of KTM stickers

My 950 has no orange on it at all (except in the speedo).
    I'm thinking of adding some to wind up the haters...

Bike
    that black thing above the puddle of oil
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Do you by any chance have sintered pads. My 350 brakes became very on off on sintered pads so I went back to plain. Ceramics help but are noisy.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.
    I've tried sintered and the standard Suzuki ones. No difference.

Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Rubber or braided line?
    Standard rubber line.

I pulled the slide pin thing out and it's got a couple of grooves from the pads. I suspect this may be the problem. I'll replace it before the next ride.
    Showing off for the camera since ages ago

Barts Photos
    Barts adventure photo thread

Bike
    Not the slide pin. I turned it around half a turn so the divots weren't where the pads are and it made no difference.

I measured the lever movement. Lever fully out is 82mm from the grip. Pulled in as far as I can it's 40mm, so the lever only uses half the available travel. The reality is that I only have about 20mm, or quarter of the lever travel, before it feels like the front will lock up.

I guess the next step is rebuild the master cylinder.

Barts Photos

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    Not the slide pin. I turned it around half a turn so the divots weren't where the pads are and it made no difference.

I measured the lever movement. Lever fully out is 82mm from the grip. Pulled in as far as I can it's 40mm, so the lever only uses half the available travel. The reality is that I only have about 20mm, or quarter of the lever travel, before it feels like the front will lock up.

I guess the next step is rebuild the master cylinder.
    what sort od nick is the disk in Bart?
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    KTM 250exc

DR650 Pulser coil problem....

Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Still looking through the dead dr engine box. Some of the bits are at NordieBro's place though…
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddieb View Post
    Anyone know where I can source a PICK-UP PULSAR COIL for the DR650 without paying twice as much for freight as the part of worth. The part is $30-40NZ and the cheapest shipping I can find is $60NZ.

Alright folks, bit of a thread dredge here.

My little bro has a 2014 DR650 showing the symptoms of what appears to be the well known faulty pickup pulsar coil. (he's done 20,000km)

He is going to try get it sorted under warranty tomorrow but I dont like his chances. Which will then mean either buying the whole stator kit or buy second hand or aftermarket. Unfortunately he is in Hamilton and I live in Napier so can't help him out at the minute.

He is testing the plugs individually tonight, & trying a jump start just in case it is the battery. After checking everything else related to carb etc it did run briefly last night, but no spark this morning and it has been cutting out on him intermittently for the last month or so.

Does anyone have a spare pickup he could buy and try? or any other ideas?

Cheers

Paddy

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    Alright folks, bit of a thread dredge here.

My little bro has a 2014 DR650 showing the symptoms of what appears to be the well known faulty pickup pulsar coil. (he's done 20,000km)

He is going to try get it sorted under warranty tomorrow but I dont like his chances. Which will then mean either buying the whole stator kit or buy second hand or aftermarket. Unfortunately he is in Hamilton and I live in Napier so can't help him out at the minute.

He is testing the plugs individually tonight, & trying a jump start just in case it is the battery. After checking everything else related to carb etc it did run briefly last night, but no spark this morning and it has been cutting out on him intermittently for the last month or so.

Does anyone have a spare pickup he could buy and try? or any other ideas?

Cheers

Paddy
    Test the testable first. No one wants to do a stator but a simple set of tests will tell you if it is the stator or regulator rectifier or something else. You tube has some hood content about either.
    Regulator test http://youtu.be/dINJqxecb28
    Stator test http://youtu.be/5v2LtHlvcqI

Bound to be something on pickup coils.

30 mins on the multimeter will either have you down the pub commiserating the loss or celebrating that it was not them.
    From there you can look a is it a charging problem or a sparking problem. At least whatever you find here is likely a cheaper fix than a stator.

If it is the stator, buying OEM from mrcycles.com cost me ~50% less than buying from NZ suppliers. And it got here, sent back the wrong one and a replacement supplied in less time than the part would get here through a Suzuki dealer.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    what sort od nick is the disk in Bart?
    The disc is fine. Still plenty of meat on it.

Barts Photos

Bike
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE

Question DR650 service and or owners manual

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where I can get the service manual and owners manual for the DR650se? I believe the service manual is the same for most DR650 models. Does anyone have a electronic copy?

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
    Hey guys,

Does anyone know where I can get the service manual and owners manual for the DR650se? I believe the service manual is the same for most DR650 models. Does anyone have a electronic copy?
    Buy a Clymer...

Bike
    Dr six fiddy

Long Way Around

So cranked out the first 500km already. Gave it an oil change added 20mm pre load to the forks and had a play with the fuel injection carby thingamajig. Made a small screen. Think i am ready to attack The Long Way Around.

Anyone else heading that way from the deep south?

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
    Hey guys,

Yep, and lots more manuals for the DR650 and many other bikes

http://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/members/downloads/
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Test the testable first....
    Cheers for the links and info.

Little bro has tested everything and come back with a few faulty parts (stator, pickup etc). He took his findings to the suzuki shop and parts are going to be around $1200. But there is some good news!

It looks like Suzuki will be fixing everything under warranty (bought new Feb 2014). So thats a relief!

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    Cheers for the links and info.

Little bro has tested everything and come back with a few faulty parts (stator, pickup etc). He took his findings to the suzuki shop and parts are going to be around $1200. But there is some good news!

It looks like Suzuki will be fixing everything under warranty (bought new Feb 2014). So thats a relief!
    Good stuff! Love it when companies back their products.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Going to a training day with NGARNZ on Saturday so I thought I'd check to see how easily I could strap a smallish bag on to the back of the bike. I'd tried the same bag on a previous ride but I couldn't get in to sit on the bike satisfactorily, this time it looks and feels so much better with how it straps to the bike and sits there. It is amazing the difference a rear luggage rack makes!

I'm VERY pleased with this item on my DR!

When I go camping I'll be strapping a much larger bag on to the rack, it should make it easy to take a tent, bedroll & sleeping bag.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Been scratching my head at all the bar options then realised the measurements I've taken are off a bent set of bars!!!

Really just want something stronger and close to standard setup in 7/8.

Looking here the Bradshaw 983 size option seems closest to standard setup..... http://www.motosport.com/NZ/dirtbike...mmy_source=pdp
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information