Page 204 of 215 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3221

Thread: The DR650 thread

Bike
    2014 R1200 GS, 2007 DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    How long do people get out of their DR batteries???
    I got 7 years out of the original battery and I only changed it because I was going back into the middle of Oz. It was still performing fine.
    I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

Bike
    2014 R1200 GS, 2007 DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the DR650 . . . and yet I keep changing stuff, it's like a sickness!

I've changed my headlight bulb for an LED - 4800 Lumen (factory bulb is around 1200) while drawing 30w (factory bulb draws 60w).
    Good move. Where did you get it and for how much please?

Deep red dust on a severely corrugated base does not reflect the stock DR headlight at all.

DAMHIK.

When you go into deep red dust on a severely corrugated base in the pitch dark on a DR at about 120 kph, life gets VERY interesting for a few seconds
    I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

Bike
    that black thing above the puddle of oil
    Still on original battery (2008 model, about 35k). Bike sits for months at a time. I usualy pretend bump start it down the hill outside my place to get fresh fuel through, then hit the starter and it fires every time.

Now I’ve done it. I bet it won’t startnext time.
    Showing off for the camera since ages ago

Barts Photos
    Barts adventure photo thread

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    Still on original battery (2008 model, about 35k). Bike sits for months at a time. I usualy pretend bump start it down the hill outside my place to get fresh fuel through, then hit the starter and it fires every time.

Now I’ve done it. I bet it won’t startnext time.
    That's what I like about the TM40 flatslide, for some reason the fuel doesn't go off in that carb. Had same issue as you with my standard carby though, floatbowl made a donation to the lawnmower before evry journey.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    That's what I like about the TM40 flatslide, for some reason the fuel doesn't go off in that carb. Had same issue as you with my standard carby though, floatbowl made a donation to the lawnmower before evry journey.
    I herd the problem is the stock carby's gaskets are made from pig skins so ya cant leave fuel in the bowl or it gets tainted?.............. probably how the DR got its nickname "the bush pig"?
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    I herd the problem is the stock carby's gaskets are made from pig skins so ya cant leave fuel in the bowl or it gets tainted?.............. probably how the DR got its nickname "the bush pig"?
    Boar, boar, boarrrrrrrmmmm pop pop

Hey I just watched your December vid last night. Those rocks on beach look like same ones I parked the Dr upside down on. I was going other way though and there was a real sharp steppy bit, slimey as!

Took the DR for a morning urban Braaaaap, battery hanging in there but be buying a new one this week. Switched off up top of napier hill and did some restarts, even on warm oiled motor it was tad weakish.....

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Hey I just watched your December vid last night....
    you need to get out more
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    Wrrrrrr
    Just put a new battery in my 09 think it was original so lasted well, it was sitting in Perth for 10 months with the battery disconnected so thought it would be good to replace now she's home and as it was getting slow before that. Thought about these lighter fangled batteries but you need a diferent charger and saving a few grams I'd be better off having less pies which would be more beneficial As well

Went for standard lead acid YTX9-BS katana as you can't get the Yuasa one anymore retail was $110 I think got it for $86:25 inc from local guy. The website says it's a diferent size but when it arrived it's exactly the same as standard.

Charged the old battery for a few hours and it doesn't seem any diferent to what it was

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    highly recommend http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1117401924.htm cells good price/life/CCA

Bike
    DR650SEK9
    Oooo I see TM40 mentioned. Anyone feel like sharing which jets they're running? I wouldn't mind a comparison or any ideas where it should be jetted. Cheers!
    Skiddies and Wheelies!

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by badblackbuell View Post
    Oooo I see TM40 mentioned. Anyone feel like sharing which jets they're running? I wouldn't mind a comparison or any ideas where it should be jetted. Cheers!
    Will have a look tomorrow and my left overs and work out whats in there. The procycle ones are fine straight out of the box pretty much, think I may have changed main jet one size.

I did the top gear roll on couple times from 70k wide open and roughly timed the distance between roadmarkers, speed reached etc. Was a windy day so I really should do it properly one day but to be honest my DR rocks and pretty much does all and more that is asked of it

Bike
    DR650SEK9
    Will have a look tomorrow and my left overs and work out whats in there. The procycle ones are fine straight out of the box pretty much, think I may have changed main jet one size.

I did the top gear roll on couple times from 70k wide open and roughly timed the distance between roadmarkers, speed reached etc. Was a windy day so I really should do it properly one day but to be honest my DR rocks and pretty much does all and more that is asked of it
    Coolies. I'm running 25 pilot with two turns out, needle in middle and 155 main. Seems good. Oh yeah, open air box and fmf full system.
    Skiddies and Wheelies!

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    I still have main jet sizes 140-165 in increments of five so not sure what ive got in there right now without pulling it out.

DG O pipe, twin air filter and airbox standard apart from the snorkel removed. A local expert here commented that there's no point having an air intake to the motor that's bigger than whats coming out the exhaust, which kinda makes sense to me.
    And I like the idea of the airbox not being completely vulnerable during river crossigns like those usa style cutout jobbies.....

Bike
    DR650SEK9
    I still have main jet sizes 140-165 in increments of five so not sure what ive got in there right now without pulling it out.

DG O pipe, twin air filter and airbox standard apart from the snorkel removed. A local expert here commented that there's no point having an air intake to the motor that's bigger than whats coming out the exhaust, which kinda makes sense to me.
    And I like the idea of the airbox not being completely vulnerable during river crossigns like those usa style cutout jobbies.....
    Yeah there has been times of nervousness during water crosing and times of misery too. Thank god for the drain bung on the air box and its ability to be removed without tools.
    Skiddies and Wheelies!

Bike
    2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SMK5
    "A local expert here commented that there's no point having an air intake to the motor that's bigger than whats coming out the exhaust, which kinda makes sense to me."

Using the above 'logic' how does the TM40 carb size compare with your pipe size?

Thread Information