Page 201 of 215 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3221

Thread: The DR650 thread

Bike
    DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Waihou Thumper View Post
    I have for sale brand new never mounted....
    http://adventurebikeaustralia.com.au...-engine-cases/
    You have PM blocked but I could be interested. How much are you asking? PM Me.

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by RogIrwin View Post
    You have PM blocked but I could be interested. How much are you asking? PM Me.
    Sorry about that, I have fixed it

Bike
    2014 R1200 GS, 2007 DR 650
    You know, that is the first thing that jumped out at me with your reply!
    Head, pressure....There ain't any...
    With a full tank there is, and yes it does sit lower, so it is a bit like pushing it up-hill.
    I need a pump then, like I see on some conversions...(perhaps)

This is commonplace with the Safari tank and easily solved. Just fit an MX non return valve to the breather tube. When she quits for lack of fuel, blow the tank up and away again. Willl drain the tank completely.
    Outback Oz, we got 700km from that tank as near as dammit.
    I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

Bike
    2009 KTM990
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post
    This is commonplace with the Safari tank and easily solved. Just fit an MX non return valve to the breather tube. When she quits for lack of fuel, blow the tank up and away again. Willl drain the tank completely.
    Bought a new one of these for a MX bike I had.Between blocking and stopping air drawing in cutting fuel flow and pressuring the tank blowing fuel out the cap seal on a hot day I soon removed it.....Never used another.

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post

You mean just add air right? Blow with lips or some sort of hot air?
    Did Jim do that for ya?

Bike
    2014 R1200 GS, 2007 DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by RGVforme View Post
    Bought a new one of these for a MX bike I had.Between blocking and stopping air drawing in cutting fuel flow and pressuring the tank blowing fuel out the cap seal on a hot day I soon removed it.....Never used another.
    I have used several (lose them in a big OFF occasionally) and there is a good deal of variability. However, I have NEVER had one that sealed when I didn't want it to. It's usually the other way round. You must have got a really sticky one.

You mean just add air right? Blow with lips or some sort of hot air?
    Did Jim do that for ya?
    You got it; just give it a blow job. You only have to lift the fuel about 100 mm and you don't have to do much more than puff to do that. Just remember that the vent holes are on the bottom, so you have to get the whole knob in. (Ask Jim).
    The non-return valves are intended to prevent fuel spills and so don't initiate a seal in the upright position. (Sometimes they won't initiate a seal in the inverted position either unless they see a degree of back flow - all depends on how free the internal ball is). As soon as you stop blowing, give the valve a shake or turn it upside down to encourage the internal ball onto its seat.
    They've got me to the next servo many a time and never had a problem making it work. The most interesting time was in the middle of a road tunnel at rush hour in Sydney.
    As mentioned above, how easy it is depends on how free the ball is but always been able to make it work.
    I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    So, what are the tricks to getting the 4 bolts that hold the brake disk undone?

I'm trying to mount my DR350 wheel but need to change the brake disk first, them bolts don't want to undo. I'm nearly at the point of drilling the fuckers out and then using some new bolts.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    So, what are the tricks to getting the 4 bolts that hold the brake disk undone?
    Heat. I've had success using a blow torch to melt the lock tight. Good Luck.

Bike
    CB1300
    Plus 1. Although I used a heat gun and a impact driver.

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    F800GS
    But not to much... There's seals and bearings pretty close

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    just smack each screw with a rubber mallet a few times straight down on the head, then slightly tighten them then they will backout easily -- if that stubborn use a soldering iron to heat just the screw head then repeat

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    I've tried heat and an impact gun, I'll try a bit more before just drilling them fuckers out.
    Thanks for the suggestions though, I'll try the Scubbo method and see if it helps.
    There aren't any bearings or seals anywhere near, the bearings are still sitting in my bedroom, I'll grab them when I go to actually mount the wheel on the bike.
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    I've tried heat and an impact gun, I'll try a bit more before just drilling them fuckers out.
    Fuck me!
    I used everything I could - heat, impact gun, hammer, pneumatic chisel, swearing, etc
    Those fuckers were on damn tight, I think that brake disk was on from the factory and never moved - I could feel the dished out part from wear.
    Gave up and drilled through them, used a big enough drill to break the heads of and then used my screw extractors to get the rest of the screws out.
    That shit took fuckin' ages!

Now, how bad would it be to ride on 90/10 (off/on road) knobblies (they have "not for highway use" written on the sidewalls) for about 200kms on the road?
    Or should I strap this 18" on the back and ride down with my 17" wheel and change the wheel over when I get to Taumaranui?
    Remembering of course to take my new wheel bearings and sprocket carrier bearings & cush rubbers.
    Or mount the Mitas E07 on the 18" and put that on the bike and strap the Kenda K770 tyre to the back of the bike?
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    CB1300
    Fuck me!
    I used everything I could - heat, impact gun, hammer, pneumatic chisel, swearing, etc
    Those fuckers were on damn tight, I think that brake disk was on from the factory and never moved - I could feel the dished out part from wear.
    Gave up and drilled through them, used a big enough drill to break the heads of and then used my screw extractors to get the rest of the screws out.
    That shit took fuckin' ages!

Now, how bad would it be to ride on 90/10 (off/on road) knobblies (they have "not for highway use" written on the sidewalls) for about 200kms on the road?
    Or should I strap this 18" on the back and ride down with my 17" wheel and change the wheel over when I get to Taumaranui?
    Remembering of course to take my new wheel bearings and sprocket carrier bearings & cush rubbers.
    Or mount the Mitas E07 on the 18" and put that on the bike and strap the Kenda K770 tyre to the back of the bike?
    That far on 90/10 you might just get mistaken for snoop dogg. Cos you be rolling blunts.
    They will probably look all right and run alright until you really need them to dig in.
    I ran some knobbies with road ratings to work for a while because bank balance said no more tyres for me.

They won't fine... on the road and in the gravel... just not on clay or even grass

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    They will probably look all right and run alright until you really need them to dig in.
    I ran some knobbies with road ratings to work for a while because bank balance said no more tyres for me.

They won't fine... on the road and in the gravel... just not on clay or even grass
    Yeah, that's why I'm thinking of riding down on the 17" and then swapping wheels when I get there.
    It's been raining so a lot of the off road stuff will be quite slippery, both the 42nd traverse and old Whangamomona road.
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Thread Information