Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Move over Hyosung, here come the Chinese

Bike
    sold!!

Move over Hyosung, here come the Chinese

Yep! Here's the new Zongshen SZ250GS. To learn more, check out the Aussie website HERE There are spare parts available too.

This little 250 sells for around AUD$5k including ORC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZSGS2503x.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	62634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZS2501.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	62635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZS2502.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	62636   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZS2503.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	62637   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZS2504.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	62638  
    Never Take Life Seriously - Nobody Gets Out Alive Anyway!

Bike
    -
    Countdown til the Chink-crap comments... 3... 2... 1... 0....

Quality will improve eventually. Direct parallel between Jap bikes in decades past; Hyosung is nearly on par with Suzuki in terms of build quality these days, and if the Koreans can do it, China sure as hell can. Maybe wait a few years first, though.

Diversity in the bike market is an excellent thing. Bikes have reached such a level of standardisation that diversity ceased to be a hindrance long ago. Now it's a matter of the more marques of bikes we have, the more innovation and price competition there is.

I, for one, welcome our new Zongsheninese overloads ^_^

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Seen one, seen a shop test it just sitting outside... you really don't want one...

Brakes and suspension shit... but I suppose thats why you said hyosung should step aside, there's a bigger piece of shit...

edit: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2011 Yamaha xvs1100
    They had a rip off of the XR250 a few years back. One of the farm hands had one until it got stolen.
    Sure it was not that great in quality but a cheap farm bike for the young fella it was ok.
    "I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage.
    They've experienced pain and brought jewelry." - Rita Rudner
    A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live

Bike
    all sorts
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    Hyosung is nearly on par with Suzuki in terms of build quality these days ....
    That's not saying much ....
    He who makes a beast out of himself
    Gets rid of the pain of being a man

Bike
    2011 Kawasaki ZX-14 "Monster"
    The big question about THIS chinese bike... does it have an oil filter, or just a crappy piece of gauze?

Just looked over the specs... 13KW and 166KG dry? That's a bit steep, and then it goes downhill, when you see ZS250GS, which is actually read over-weight underpowered two hundred and thirty cubic centimeter engine, marketed and labeled as a two hundred and fifty cubic centimeter motorcycle.

And WHAT is up with the USDs and twin front brakes? Do they really think the bike is that powerful that it needs two front discs to stop the thing, or are the brakes THAT shocking?
    There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there? -Clerks

Bike
    Holy crap... they also have a v-twin cruiser(not a single 230cc like the GS) that is a 248cc motor, and it comes with footboards and a queen-seat backrest as OE, except it lacks the USDs that their GS has. Strangely though, it has the same power as the single: 13Kw, but with torque, the single: 16.5Nm vs the V-Twins 17.5

DO THEY REALLY KNOW HOW TO MAKE ENGINES? Shouldn't a V-twin made by the same company, if it is exactly 18cc bigger, plus has a 2nd cylinder in a V, shouldn't it put out at least 1 more Kw, and maybe slightly more than 1Nm or torque?
    There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there? -Clerks

Bike
    2011 Yamaha xvs1100
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroIndex View Post
    The big question about THIS chinese bike... does it have an oil filter, or just a crappy piece of gauze?
    My old XV500 only had gauze, a quick wash out and its back in action again.
    "I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage.
    They've experienced pain and brought jewelry." - Rita Rudner
    A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live

Bike
    A dirty black one.
    dont need heaps of power to have fun.i have a zongshen zs200gy trailbike with 11kw and it is heaps of fun in the twisties,keep it on the boil,come in hot and brake hard, give it shit on the way out and head for the next corner.may not be movin superfast (not many 250s do) and it keeps you on the good side of the cops.
    "I came into this game for the action, the excitement... go anywhere, travel light,... get in, get out,... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form."

Paved roads are just another example of wasted tax payer dollars.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    The motor looks like a sr250, with re machined head, donk with oil filter and all. Looks ok and to some that's all that matters.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Its got potential.
    But 5K? thats to much for any 250.
    4K max.
    All the 250 riders are getting screwed by the bike co's
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    Its got potential.
    But 5K? thats to much for any 250.
    4K max.
    All the 250 riders are getting screwed by the bike co's
    didn't you read my other post? it's not a 250... it's $5000 for a crappy chinese 230cc, with the stopping power of a brick wall, that is sure to bring you down from the unlikely 100kph (if it gets to that)

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I don't think Hyosung has anything to worry about in regard to Chinese manufacturers.

Korean business ethics are entirely unlike Chinese business ethics (it physically made me shudder to type that non-sequitur). The next batch of Hyosung designs will be so close to current Japanese practice as to be indistinguishable.

All the Chinese care about is selling stuff. Once the stuff is sold, their involvement is over. They don't care if it breaks, you don't like it much, or it kills you. They have their money.

If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Despite the Chinese being 'on par' with the Japanese of yonks ago, they're still shit. I'll be giving them several years before I consider them

However, I would consider a Hyosung if I found a GT650R cheap and had the cash. The one I rode was pretty nice except for it's clunky gearbox, the cycleworks muffler gave it some real character too. The crackle of the exhaust as you let go of the throttle sounded great

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroIndex View Post
    didn't you read my other post? it's not a 250... it's $5000 for a crappy chinese 230cc, with the stopping power of a brick wall, that is sure to bring you down from the unlikely 100kph (if it gets to that)
    Factoring in cheap chinese labour plus cheap materials, the bikes should only cost roughly 2000-3000 (most of the cost would be shipping). The mark up is pure profit, the dealers know they can get away with it

Thread Information