Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some 'nude' pics of our ride...

Bike
    Heavily modified L7 pocketbike

Some 'nude' pics of our ride...

Here are some 'nude' pics of our 'China' bike friends...

The first pic is our bike with it's fairings in place. This is somewhat lame and 'unpowerful' looking and that is cool IMO as it helps 'lure' unsuspecting 'victims' into racing us...

Following pics are with plastics removed to show the very small 'beast' my son and I built...

If any other member care to flick some pics of their pocketbikes off in this thread, that would be really cool IMO.

I absolutely love to see cool pictures of pocketbikes and my son and I would love the chance to see your bikes for sure! Rock on friends!

IamCornholio (and our bike may be SLOW but it IS shiny and that is a good thing IMHO...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Newavatar 002.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	65407  

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Ha Ha.........thats sweet.....ive never really bothered giving them a second glance but yea that looks like a whole lot of fun.....damn kids today sure are lucky eh.....good work and enjoy it...both of you.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Here are the 'nude' pics friends...

Enjoy!

IamCornholio (and our bike may be SLOW but it IS shiny and that is a good thing IMHO...)

Name:	NewBling 004.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	365.3 KB 
ID:	65408   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewBling 005.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	383.5 KB 
ID:	65409   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewBling 007.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	435.2 KB 
ID:	65410   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewBling 011.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	466.6 KB 
ID:	65411  

Bike
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    Cool! What size engine is that and what is the output?
    If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've just high-sided!
    مافي مشكلة

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by terbang View Post
    Cool! What size engine is that and what is the output?

Thanks for the comment terbang!

Stock engine was a 40cc (@8 or 9:1 comp ratio) turd rated at 2.4 hp. I would have been 'lucky' if it really had 2 hp...

This engine is a 15:1 comp ratio (corrected), 50cc that was assembled and modded by my son and I. I have no clue of the actual output as I only have a 'butt dyno'.

'Similar' engines sold like this are usually rated around 5.7 or so Hp but I think ours has slightly more than that as I did wipe a few boogers in it during assembly to help seat the rings properly.

Scary fun when your butt and knee are both that close to the ground!
    Last edited by IamCornholio; 5th July 2007 at 15:57. Reason: Poor spelling skills plague me for sure...

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Out of interest mate is there a big racing scene over there with those bikes.....ive never seen it here but am pretty sure they race them here on the odd in-door track.........i reckon it would be a hell of alot of fun for both younguns and old alike........great way to start a kid real early to......good stuff.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Out of interest mate is there a big racing scene over there with those bikes.....ive never seen it here but am pretty sure they race them here on the odd in-door track.........i reckon it would be a hell of alot of fun for both younguns and old alike........great way to start a kid real early to......good stuff.

Many guys are big into racing these things for sure... Both indoors and on cart type tracks as well.

I 'eased' my son into this slowly as he is still young and learning. This is his 3rd engine build that he gets to 'beat' on...

This build is somewhat 'spooky' and he should be happy for a while.

Also, This sport does not require a pile of money if one is careful, patient and a wise shopper. You CAN spend a pile and get a fine euro bike that will dominate on a track with little effort but... I have learned that a properly tuned 'china' bike CAN be built to be fast as heck and done so cheaply if done by a good tuner that knows where to shop and what parts are important...

The guy that 'schooled' me in this adventure has a few 'china' bikes laying around his garage that will EASILY spank the piss out of stock AC, Euro bikes of similar displacement. I have seen this firsthand...

Bike
    2006 X18 pocketbike.
    nice pics! what pipe do you have Corn? my cag is supposed to be here on the 13th... GO FIGURE!!! i think i am gonna get "LUCKY" and the thing mite come it one peice with no damage but NO!!!! it has to be the 13th...

Friday the 13th....

i hope it comes in good shape....

hey man. you should definitly hook me up with a list of things i should do since i am one of those people with not so deep pockets...

also. my x18 has some minor damage to the frame ... GPX engine may have to wait until i can find someone who can weld. i dont have any skills in thet area...

NICE BIKE MAN! COMING ALONG NICELY
    BREAKING ALL THE RULES AND NOT GETTIN' CAUGHT

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    What a very cool little project for you and your son...most excellent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

Bike
    Honzakiyamacatirillia Guzzi
    You sons a lucky boy...wonder what year he'll enter moto gp???
    "Speak in short, homely words of common usage"

Bike
    I am trying my ass off to get my son into racing... (causing me a pile of work, money and time for sure)

We are taking small steps and spending extra time worrying about safety stuff for sure.

I am not concerned so much about him winning or losing as I am concerned about my son being able to have the 'experience' and getting to know what it is all about...

Learning is cool, and if my son can gain something out of all this AND have some fun at the same time... That is a good thing IMHO.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    ........i reckon it would be a hell of alot of fun for both younguns and old alike........

Hey dude.....

Ok well the pocketbike could almost fit into one of the SV1000's cylinders, but they really are surprising amounts of fun! See attached.

IamCornholio: You have a lucky kid, sounds like he is blessed, as was I, with a great dad. Nice one.

Name:	PICT2594a.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	65581  

Bike
    900 Hornet, Preddy, RZ's, A100's
    Blog Entries
    Kewl, very kewl - I have a chinese bike (two actually! One more to come) and seeing as you're singlehandely reviving this minimoto thread, thought I'd better post some piccies up as well!

Just one of my poor little mighty mini...one of the handlebar risers has snapped (cheap die-cast chinese quality! )

Will probably engineer some proper ones so I won't have to worry about it ever again. As for brakes... what brakes?

Thank gosh for your other thread, will be doing the bizzo on them to make them work!

Keep it up!

Oh yeah - here's the other threads with piccies and links to live video from the riding of this little pocket rocket!

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=52838

And of course, all my mates are starting to horn in on the action...

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=52914

Name:	minimoto1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	333.4 KB 
ID:	65586   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	minimoto2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	283.2 KB 
ID:	65587  
    "I like to ride anyplace, anywhere, any time, any way!"

Bike
    Most excellent offerings you guys bring to this thread!

Awesome pics for sure friends! Glad to meet other guys that have got 'addicted' to this fun!

Absolutely sick and scary entertainment for a relatively low cost IMHO.

As for my son who is the primary rider of our bike...

I have a whopping total of 3 boys... Only one is 'able' and 'eager' to ride our bike... He got to actually 'pick it out' when we got it... This is the son with 'The NEED for speed' and he has balls...

This son started riding bicycles when he was just 2yrs old and has never slowed down since... He has NO fear and does not know what the words 'give up' mean... Now, at the ripe old age of 8yrs and a weight of under 70lbs, he can easily propel himself on his 'bike' in such a way that most kids would either crash or piss their pants... I am certain that this is one of my 'hatchlings' as I have the same insane desires as he does most times...

His 10yr old brother tried one (and only one) time to ride and very quickly decided he did NOT want to ride anymore... (he had a slight bit of pee come out for sure...)

His 11yr old brother is entirely too scared to even try...

FWIW, I do NOT allow any other kids to ride this bike and I absolutely require that my son wear a full helmet, elbow/knee pads, gloves, etc... I refuse to deal with my son getting hurt because I was either too cheap or too lazy to buy him the correct gear and teach him the proper stuff...

I can easily buy a new bike if we crash, but kids are impossible to replace... I do what 'needs' to be done to make sure we are riding as safely as possible friends.

IamCornholio

Name:	alex.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	349.6 KB 
ID:	65614   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alex2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	356.6 KB 
ID:	65615  
    Last edited by IamCornholio; 8th July 2007 at 08:01. Reason: added a few pics...

Bike
    2006 X18 pocketbike.
    haha thats pretty awsome Corn! Cool kid there! he actually looks like me a little when i was little!!!! i dont think i was as brave tho! i rode bikea at the age 4 and never crashed until i was 6 and started "tricks".

but yea. hes definitly gonna turn out as a great mechanic with the way you are bringing him up. great job!.

also. what pipe is on your bike?
    BREAKING ALL THE RULES AND NOT GETTIN' CAUGHT

Thread Information