Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Failed WOF

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    I think you have no respect for your bike,the wof insoectors,or the bike shop.At least make sure they can actually see the parts mentioned.
    Its also a matter of your own safety.Giving the bike a quick clean now and then is the best way to keep an eye on things
    More likely trying to hide a fault. We used to get that all the time at a workshop I helped out at.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    It's not that easy ... the bike will come up on the computer as having failed on that issue. Until THAT issue is sorted ... no other tester will touch it until THAT issue is sorted.
    While a fail is registered in the system as a fail, it isn't until the WOF has been put through online that the previous inspection result is displayed.

And while it is possible to source that information before starting the inspection process, I doubt that many inspectors would bother to carry out the process in that order.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    More likely trying to hide a fault. We used to get that all the time at a workshop I helped out at.
    Nah that's not it. If there was something wrong with it I'd want it to be found and fixed.

I'm sure any decent WOF inspector could tell if I'd deliberately smeared grease and shit all over it to try and cover something up.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardNZ View Post
    I'm due a 24K service soon and I'll have the shop sort it out... problem solved
    It must be nice to be among the idle rich and be able pay someone else a hundred and whatever dollars an hour they charge in Wellington to clean your bike?

Dunno how good a job he'll do either 'cause looking at your bike the thought may occur to him, "He doesn't give a shit, why should I?"
    My bike goes in to the shop shite and briny and hopefully the shop dude will think something like, "This guy's a fussy bastard, better do a good job."

Seems to work most of the time.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    This is NZ

There's no such thing as a fail. Simply not yet competent.

Sit the exam again.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    It must be nice to be among the idle rich and be able pay someone else a hundred and whatever dollars an hour they charge in Wellington to clean your bike?

Dunno how good a job he'll do either 'cause looking at your bike the thought may occur to him, "He doesn't give a shit, why should I?"
    My bike goes in to the shop shite and briny and hopefully the shop dude will think something like, "This guy's a fussy bastard, better do a good job."

Seems to work most of the time.
    I doubt it will take them an hour to clean. I trust the shop I go to and I'm sure they'll sort it out no matter what. I've been going to them for 25+ years and I think the fact that I'm a loyal customer counts for something.

I'm going to get new tyres, chain + whatever it needs for the 24K service, so they are going to have to take the wheels off anyway.

Last time I went they cleaned it for free! Good guys at Wellington Motorcycles ( BTW it wasn't them who failed it )

Sure, it's no excuse for my laziness, I just honestly can't be arsed cleaning the bloody thing

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    And while it is possible to source that information before starting the inspection process, I doubt that many inspectors would bother to carry out the process in that order.
    I have been on the receiving end of such a process ... and the failed issue was ADDED to the .. "list" ...

They didn't actually pick up the "issue" ... but failed it on that "issue" ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardNZ View Post
    I doubt it will take them an hour to clean.
    Last time I went they cleaned it for free! Good guys at Wellington Motorcycles ( BTW it wasn't them who failed it )
    It probably won't take them an hour to clean, but they charge by the hour and time is money, so...

Having said that, on my one and only visit to Wellington Motorcycles, having struck a problem on my way home from the South Island, they fixed me up and sent me on my way free of charge. So I agree they are certainly good guys.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2010 Yamaha FJR1300A
    Few years ago I attended a mountain biker who fell off over the handle bars and was stabbed through the cheek by the left hand brake lever. Pretty one off but you never know what could happen.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by amboman View Post
    Few years ago I attended a mountain biker who fell off over the handle bars and was stabbed through the cheek by the left hand brake lever. Pretty one off but you never know what could happen.
    And what, may I ask, has that got to do with being a lazy bugger?

At least the dude is being honest about being a lazy fucker, that should count for something.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    And what, may I ask, has that got to do with being a lazy bugger?

At least the dude is being honest about being a lazy fucker, that should count for something.
    Well lazy is a good call. My bike is always cleaned at least once a week.

But speaking of lazy, the bikes an 07 and its only got 24ks on it. I do more than that in a year.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    But speaking of lazy, the bikes an 07 and its only got 24ks on it. I do more than that in a year.

It's true, it has very low ks on it for its age ( actually only got 21 or 22ks ). Only ride it during the weekends and less in the winter ( does this also make me lazy? )

Sometimes I'd just rather go to the pub than go for a ride. If you could legally mix the two without consequence I think I'd rack up more mileage

Thread Information