Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ride on Sat 1 Sept

Bike
    Phurball's Mountain Bike and CB900

Ride on Sat 1 Sept

Quote Originally Posted by trump-lady View Post
    Im a dork...........I rode got lost...was late..........u all left with out me. So I rode to "I dunno" I was picking a car every five minutes and following it for 5 mins. Ended up somewhere, dunno where but managed to find home.....but was gone for 3 hours, kinda fun getting lost and refound.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR was perfect day for riding..........Im so angry I missed the ride Im getting very very drunk tonight!

hope theres another one soon. I have to ride to whangerei next weekend Saterday if anyone wants to tag along. Or perhaps u guyz could orginize a ride up there next Sat?
    well there ya have it, after an amazing ride up north yesterday we get a chance to do it all over again on a longer ride, this time all the way up to whangarei

any reason to go for a ride

now that we know the roads a bit better we can have less stops and thus make the most of the day

once again will be splitting into the different skill groups etc etc

post up or pm me if you are keen so that we know what sort of numbers we have going up

cheers,
    nish
    "Rock is dead" - Jim Morrison

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Bike

Alternate Routes

When: 10 am Saturday 1 September (Might shift to Sunday if weather is crap on Sat)
    Where: Meet by the gym on Symonds St.
    Departure: We will be leaving from the gym at 10.30 sharp so come early to make sure you dont get left behind.
    Where to: Whangarei
    Who For: People of all skill levels are welcome. We will split into two groups, a lead pack and a joy ride pack, just to accomodate for the differences in skill and experience.
    A good chance to get out on the road to pick up some tips and get experience on open roads

this is just a copy of the ride info from the 25th aug ride (with minor changes) so those of you who came on the ride yesterday (25th aug) will know exactly what is involved.

like i said tho there will be fewer stops and it will be a longer ride. this might prove to be demanding so make sure your bums are prepped and you've stretched...the rides about 350kms (depending on what route is taken)

hopefully the weather holds out (raj doesnt reckon it will so id love for him to be proven wrong)

p.s. if we do get the ride together and the weather's good etc. i shotgun not being TEC for either group, dont mind leading the faster pack tho

ALTERNATE ROUTE
    Quote Originally Posted by maha man
    Just a suggestion on getting to Whangarei, you will be legend with your peers if you take this route. Turn left onto SH12 to Dargaville (before the Brynderwyns) and go to Paparoa, at Paparoa, turn left onto Paparoa/Oakleigh rd (its a big green sign) 40 kms of awesome biker road, it comes out onto SH1 where you turn left and ride about 7 kms to Otaika rd, turn left and then is about 10 kms to Maungatapere then turn right and head to Whangarei...come back through Waipu/Langs...just a suggestion, not tell you where to ride, but watch out the road between Waipu and Whangarei...always cops. Have a look at a map and check out the roads have suggested, you wont regret it...Mark
    hey guys so mark pmd me this alternate route up to whangarei and it sounds very very nice, had a talk to raj and he reckons that if we leave by 9.30 we shud be back in auck by 4 but we aint gonna be stopping round every corner like we did last time so its gonna be a prety intense ride going on for bout 450kms.

im really keen for this, so are raj and kim (who are the only other people that i have mentioned this route to) so let us know know which one you are keen on and we'll just do that route

cheers,
    nish
    Last edited by bomma; 26th August 2007 at 23:12. Reason: Updating Ride Details

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    I will be attending if it is held on Saturday but I have to be back by 5.30pm.
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    L0 GSXR-R 1000 #87
    Ill be keen but Ill have my bro pillion, and this is the first time Ill be taking a pillion almost as heavy as me on the R6, so will be taking it nice and easy... Had an awesome time at the coro loop today, with lots of knee scraping action from urs truly, had a lot of very skilled riders with me.

On another note, I don't have much spare gear for a pillon ( I have extra gloves, and a jacket, but no pants or helmet, and since I'm a prime advocate for safety...would any of you guys happen to have any spare gear lying arnd. that I could borrow for the ride? I'd appretiate it and in turn will not own ur noob arses so bad 2up) rofl
    Firestarter Racing on facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirestarterRacing

Racing thanks to:

www.fluidcoatings.co.nz
    www.motostyle.co.nz
    MAXIMA racing Oils
    www.projectdigital.co.nz
    METZELER Tires
    New Plymouth Motorcycle Center
    www.topstitch.co.nz/

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by YamahaR64Life View Post
    Ill be keen but Ill have my bro pillion, and this is the first time Ill be taking a pillion almost as heavy as me on the R6, so will be taking it nice and easy... Had an awesome time at the coro loop today, with lots of knee scraping action from urs truly, had a lot of very skilled riders with me.

On another note, I don't have much spare gear for a pillon ( I have extra gloves, and a jacket, but no pants or helmet, and since I'm a prime advocate for safety...would any of you guys happen to have any spare gear lying arnd. that I could borrow for the ride? I'd appretiate it and in turn will not own ur noob arses so bad 2up) rofl
    lol oh so modest...yea bro i got a couple of helmets lying around, will bring a spare along next weekend...cant help you with pants tho

the weather looked amazing today and was gutted dat i had to sit around at home and help mum out with chores :P oh well at least managed to get some time to give the bike a good, well-deserved wash tho so that was alright....shes all shiny and clean now

Bike
    Gone
    Might be able to make it to this one

Bike
    S1000RR
    Man I like to join but....... hmm.... Yesturday I realised that my Scorpio is not really DESIGNED to do this trips.... I'm so disappointed....

100kph at 5th gear 6,500rpm? omg...
    going steady 100kph for an hour? zomg!

I think i will pass this ride unfortunately.... MAN! I wish for a stronger bike! lol
    Dang! I even had hard time catching up to that white GN! OMG lol

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Gone
    ^ There is a slow group, lolz

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by breakaway View Post
    ^ There is a slow group, lolz
    Yeah but I was IN the slow group yesturday

Man! I wish my bike has a turbo!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT250R
    Quote Originally Posted by EJKDDORAI View Post
    Man I like to join but....... hmm.... Yesturday I realised that my Scorpio is not really DESIGNED to do this trips.... I'm so disappointed....

I think i will pass this ride unfortunately.... MAN! I wish for a stronger bike! lol
    how many k's have you done on the bike?? just wondering if you have pass the breaking in stage yet cos it wont like opening up until its pass a certain stage

Bike

EJ you were doing great on the last ride. It is not about trying to keep up with others. As I said before it is just having a good time and improving your bike skills. I think the Scorpio is like any other cruise style bike and is designed for long distance. Try riding a sports bike for an hour and you will get sore wrist, cramped legs back-aches etc.

I think that white GN you refer to is actually a CB250 hornet. It has a CBR250 engine in it. Don't be disappointed...it is just a start before you get a bigger bike perhaps one that is faster than a CBR Fireblade.

Bike
    Hornet
    [QUOTE=EJKDDORAI;1181805]Man I like to join but....... hmm.... Yesturday I realised that my Scorpio is not really DESIGNED to do this trips.... I'm so disappointed....

For the money you dropped into the Scorpio (learner legal), you could probably get a half decent 400cc. Apart from buying and selling a GN250, RGV 250 and GSX 250 for pocket money, I never actually rode a 250cc for my whole learners and restricted period i.e. had a Rebel 450cc and SRX400cc. Of course I did nothing to attract the cops during that time - but never got pulled up...

As for going up to a 400cc, within a week you'll have got use to the extra Hp and be looking forward to your next 600cc!

P.S. I'm keen for the ride to Whangerai - tho hope to have new shock in the rear by then...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by breakaway View Post
    Might be able to make it to this one
    Got your CBR all fixed up? Babyblade was on the last ride.

Bike
    a blue one
    I even had hard time catching up to that white GN! OMG lol
    I waited for you. But you are forgetting... i have 6 years riding experience more than you, just take it easy

I was thinking though... we could split into three groups, the slowest group being for the little thumpers that can't wind it out along the straights like the others can (or up hills... or into headwinds.... ).

Bike
    a blue one
    Quote Originally Posted by klyong82 View Post
    I think that white GN you refer to is actually a CB250 hornet. It has a CBR250 engine in it. Don't be disappointed...it is just a start before you get a bigger bike perhaps one that is faster than a CBR Fireblade.
    No its not! Its a stock gn! with all of 20hp

Thread Information