Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A bliming car took me out!

Bike
    hornetalicious

A bliming car took me out!

ohhh man..i juz got my fzr 250 from the shop yesterday after it just got its battery fixed. riding down new north road and all of a sudden, a car takes me out. Bikes a wreck.Family friend picked me up today to go and view her and he says she might be a write of as the fairings are completely and utterly damaged and the forks are pretty bad too. hope its not a write off as i really started falling for her . .Man it sucks to get knocked down..!!! arghhh!!!

Bike
    2010 vfr 1200f
    details plse how and why did this happen so we may learn from this.

Bike
    nil
    AW Mate That sucks.Glad you are ok.Sad about your sweetheart

Bike
    Sold it, hubby's ducati & scooter
    Main thing is are you alright? Bikes can be replaced and yes it is heart breaking seeing your two wheeled baby in quite a state. Did the other driver get found to be at fault (I hope cops turned up etc) and their insurance will cough up.

Major bummer, but don't let it discourage you. If you find your confidence knocked have a bash at the www.rrrs.org.nz course out West Aucks. Once each Sunday. Teaches you lots of good stuff too about riding & bikes if you're new to biking.

Hope all goes well for you with the bike repair/replacement!
    Lusting after 2 wheels over 4 anyday

Bike
    hornetalicious
    yeaa nahh im sweet as..juz a bung hand..ant write my notes for my classes now.. bugger..i guess thats the main thing really..hermm no cops involved. 3 witnesses saw the whole thing and yeaa the guy has to carry the full responsibility. i was on new north road and this guy was turning into a side road off new north road.lady in a car on the other side told him it was clear for him to go and so he went and met me. i braked hard and hit him and then i was off the and rollin on the ground..not sure how long the insurance will take to look into the matter. and yea thanks 4 tha support guys.

Bike
    Sold it, hubby's ducati & scooter
    Glad you're okay, remember to get ACC physio on the hand if you need it. Takes a while for things to come right.

Are you dealing with their insurance company or are you getting yours to do it? Can either be quick or a slow resolution to the claim. Some insurance companies pay faster than others. Might as well get on to them now so you can get resolution sooner. All the best with the claim.

The RRRS course by the way is around $50, well worth the day out doing riding and theory on a airbase (no cars - yayee).
    Lusting after 2 wheels over 4 anyday

Bike
    hornetalicious
    thanks fr all the advice chickadee. yea nah will get acc claim on it. I will try and keep on top of things with the insurance. If i have money in the future then ill will be more then keen for the course..and good thing there's no cars where its held..cause i hate cars..!lol..but yea thanks for the advice..

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    SOrry to hear about your FZR. Glad you are ok. Shocking and that bike was like a week old wasn't it? Make sure that prick pay up or get him to buy you a CBR250RRRRRRR (the more R's the merrier). The driver was an idiot for relying on the lady to make that turn . Both of them should be barred from driving.

Oh and try to claim for new gear too. I know it is usually covered under contents insurance but it is worth try. Hope you get your bike back soon so that we can see you on our rides.
    Take care
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    900 Hornet, Preddy, RZ's, A100's
    Blog Entries
    Crikey! Glad to hear that nothing more serious happened! Lets hope you heal up quick and fast and not let the experience put you off riding!

Hope all the paperwork goes in your favour and you get sorted out right.
    "I like to ride anyplace, anywhere, any time, any way!"

Bike
    1125R Sold/Yamaha Raptor700ATV /WR450
    I think the damage to ya bike,it will be a right-off,so now you will be able to go out & buy a new one even though ya just had this one 5 days,riding my street magic for a few days will help ya out to find some new wheels.

Bike
    Phurball's Mountain Bike and CB900
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheeljunkie View Post
    ohhh man..i juz got my fzr 250 from the shop yesterday after it just got its battery fixed. riding down new north road and all of a sudden, a car takes me out. Bikes a wreck.Family friend picked me up today to go and view her and he says she might be a write of as the fairings are completely and utterly damaged and the forks are pretty bad too. hope its not a write off as i really started falling for her . .Man it sucks to get knocked down..!!! arghhh!!!
    OMG!! shudda smacked da guy one upside his head!!! rnt u glad now dat you listened to ur daddy and bought the 250 instead of the 400

good to hear that you're alright tho mate!! milk em for all they're worth bro, my bro got hit like that and claimed a ton of shit like jacket, gloves, helmet, travel expenses etc...they paid out so you might be able to get the same payout

also make sure that at the end of this you cancel your policy (in fact let em know asap) as both me and my bro have been jerked around before by insurance companies (they kept on charging for the policy even tho the bike got written off)

main thing is that you are alright so get your pay-out, get a new cbr-250RRRRRRRRR (as kim has said) and join us back on the road

im sorry to hear the news tho man, she looked good on the ride upto waipu
    "Rock is dead" - Jim Morrison

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Bike
    2007 Yamaha R-Sixer
    Blog Entries
    yeah glad to hear your ok mate, and sorry about your two wheeler,

and did i hear something about a cibby!! first bike for me and i luv it!! i really really luv it!

Bike
    hornetalicious
    yeaa no way will i be out off riding g.i joe..its part of who i am now ehh.. i mean i hope that other guy just doesnt listen to people again and watches b4 he turns....btw thanks to black buell for all the time and effort that he's put into getting me a bike and the constant advice and everything else that he has done for me..puts my dad to ease knowing im takin care of in terms of biking..and yea nish i gonna milk his insurance ehh...i mean my bag and gloves are ripped up soo im gonna claim that..hope at the end of this mess i have enuff to buy a decent 250..can wait to start riding again..i know its soon but im already missin riding..cant wait to ride the magic black buell...thanks for that..btw has henderson motorcycle seen the fzr yet.?? and dad said u told him something abt another fzr 250?

Bike
    2004 snow white, k1 beast
    welcom to the big boyz bra. u r a true biker naw.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahah

Bike
    Too many to count

oh gutted!

damn that was a nice bike too! tell you what though, if the frame is bent call it a write off; even if they can fix it it'll be a liability and never quite the same again.

and next time get the cops. no matter what. if the driver tries to get out of it or gives false details there'll be a police report to back you up.

when my brother wrote off my old fxr we never got a cent - DESPITE TWO court rulings. stupid girl who wrote him off had no licence (did a u turn, unsupervised, not looking), and her parents told us to f*** off or they'd "smash" us. sure enough we called the cops and they sorted that out, but we still never got a cent to cover the fxr (worth 3 grand back then too!)

when my dirtbike got smashed on muriwai the dickhead gave false details; i followed him up by his number plate but simply gave up and the cops weren't interested.

sure enough when my cage got rear ended i had the cops there before the tow truck and sure enough i actually got paid! - but only 75% of the market (and insured) value of the car. never using STATE insurance again

Thread Information