Thread: 250 Bandit for sale...

Bike
    RC46 VFR800 in yellow, VTR250, ÜberFXR

250 Bandit for sale...

My bike is for sale now since I have my full...

Sorry if any of you have seen the ad here already - but it'd be great to see it around the university still...

The KB bike trader listing is here.

Specs are here. [They are all right except that the bike is water cooled NOT air cooled]

If any of you are interested, or know anyone that is looking for a fantastic first bike that they won't get bored with, let me know.

PS - when are you buggers going to organise a ride on a Sunday so I can come along Work Saturdays... [I might be on the Mrs' FXR - but that's OK ]

Cheers,

Ross.
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    V4! VFR800s sound like some sort of alien rocket-ship coming to probe all of our women and destroy our cities

Bike
    Phurball's Mountain Bike and CB900
    hope your upgrading ross....

how come you are sellin?? (if you have posted it elsewher i apologise as i haf not read it and will require that you repeat yourself)

EDIT: after posting this i re-read the first sentence of your post and realise that you now have your full i will now assume that you are in fact upgrading plz disregard the first half of this post
    "Rock is dead" - Jim Morrison

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Bike
    Too many to count
    2wheeljunkie is looking for a new 250, maybe you could pm him

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    I thought Kyle wanted a VTR250??
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    Too many to count
    yea, but i suspect the bandit is a bit cheaper

but probably not as reliable...

Bike
    Maybe Kyle can buy Chris's VFR250.....haha

Bike
    Too many to count
    nah from what i hear chris doesn't have a spare bike anymore - the gsxr apparently bit him

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    yea, but i suspect the bandit is a bit cheaper

but probably not as reliable...
    Can't say I've had a problem in my 20 000km plus... I've been religious about oil changes. I'd say a bandit is more fun than a VTR, though not quite as beginner-friendly (torque further up rev range, more need to use revs) - we're getting mrs Phurrball a VTR250 ATM, so will let you know No VTR will give the top-end rush of an IL4 - especially with an end can to release the deranged howl.

That all said, VTR is cheaper to run, and has less moving bits, but has WOEFUL under-seat storage, no rev counter and is a smaller bike (only matters if you're big I guess)

Both great machines, and equally good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by bomma View Post
    hope your upgrading ross....

how come you are sellin?? (if you have posted it elsewher i apologise as i haf not read it and will require that you repeat yourself)

EDIT: after posting this i re-read the first sentence of your post and realise that you now have your full i will now assume that you are in fact upgrading plz disregard the first half of this post
    harhar - I'm looking at a big VTR... I feel bad that neither are Suzukis...
    V4! VFR800s sound like some sort of alien rocket-ship coming to probe all of our women and destroy our cities

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurrball View Post

harhar - I'm looking at a big VTR... I feel bad that neither are Suzukis...
    I support you on that...get a Honda VTR1000 and bring it on the rides so you can whip Squiggles TL that is half wounded now.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by klyong82 View Post
    I support you on that...get a Honda VTR1000 and bring it on the rides so you can whip Squiggles TL that is half wounded now.
    I'm a big nana though! A big VTR has BUCKETS of uber-torque on tap, but it appeals, cos it doesn't feel like it will bite unless provoked. I haven't done much riding since my minor off in April and the resulting loooooong wait for parts, which is my excuse for nana-ness. I haven't scraped a peg since before the accident.

That, and my mrs is dark about the update (even though she rides - but not for a while!), so I may have to wait till after end of year exams before I'm allowed to feel the power...

I plan on coming along on some rides though [if not at work] - even if it's on the baby VTR or FXR... Nothing like an FXR being abused by a 95kg rider used to slightly more power ahh, the fun! (no, really - it's a challenge!)

Bike
    07 Hayabusa
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Ross, good to hear you're doing the upgrade thing, Ingrid will come round I'm sure.
    Has it ever bothered you that Therapist is The Rapist if you break the word in two? It bothers me, especially when they suggest hypnosis.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by klyong82 View Post
    tl's have the edge on the vtr's, they're sedate in comparison... i wont mock it being a honda this time round

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurrball View Post
    I plan on coming along on some rides though [if not at work] - even if it's on the baby VTR or FXR... Nothing like an FXR being abused by a 95kg rider used to slightly more power ahh, the fun! (no, really - it's a challenge!)
    haha, riding my little brother's fxr i keep running out of revs and gears

Thread Information