Thread: China: Police to lock unsecured bikes

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

China: Police to lock unsecured bikes

To reduce theft of motorcycles, Taiping police are stepping up their awareness campaign. Up to now, officers have been leaving notices reminding owners to lock their bikes. But now police are going to take things a step further and lock up the bikes themselves.

Owners will have to report to the local police station with evidence of ownership. Taiping officials explained that this provided a good way for the police to verify if the motorcycles were stolen.

“It (the operation) is only to remind motorcyclists to ensure that their motorcycles won’t fall prey to thieves,” said district crime chief Deputy Supt M. Indraraja.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    Something red and quick
    I wish they are that concerned about bikes here

Anyway, that police Deputy Supt name does not sound like chinese at all.....sounds more like south east asian.....or, to be exact, where I came from.....
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    So by forgetting to lock your bike up means you get treated like a criminal. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. Sounds like a breach of your civil rights to me. What is the world coming to ?
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano
    So by forgetting to lock your bike up means you get treated like a criminal. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. Sounds like a breach of your civil rights to me. What is the world coming to ?
    Bahahaha

Tis China. They DON'T have civil rights, then again neither do the yank they just aren't as willing to admit it.

Sounds like a good idea to me, particularly if it's just a short term (1 month maybe) campaign. Just hope they aren't using kryptonite locks.

Bike
    Arse Bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Lemur
    Bahahaha

Tis China. They DON'T have civil rights, then again neither do the yank they just aren't as willing to admit it.

Sounds like a good idea to me, particularly if it's just a short term (1 month maybe) campaign. Just hope they aren't using kryptonite locks.
    Ahh, true dat...

Anyone here read 'Dude, where's my country'? Scary, waht happened
    Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    if you have a face afterwards well... that depends how you act...

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano
    I was thinking about it the other way around.
    Why worry about the dumbasses who dont want to secure their bike?

Thread Information