Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ride Sunday the 30th

Bike
    Too many to count

Arrow Ride Sunday the 30th

leaving from wild west honda, after the AGM. We don't know when that'll be finished, but it should be around 2:30ish.

I'm thinking leaving from wild west honda at 3 we go along great north road, turn left onto titirangi rd, and at the titirangi roundabout we go left again to huia

should take maybe 2 hours, 60 minutes each way - at a guess - so we'll be back 5ish
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	agmhuia.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	71404  

Bike
    2004 snow white, k1 beast
    sounds good. my be able to come... wel c how things go
    Terrorist are people too.....

Bike
    SLOW ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post

should take maybe 3 hours, 90 minutes each way - at a guess
    shouldnt really take you more than an hour each way on this (just cruizn)
    LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST SO WHEN YOU DIE YOUR FRIENDS DONT HAVE TO LIE AT YOUR FUNERAL

Bike
    Too many to count
    i didn't think it would, but we've gotta account for getting everyone out of the suburbs in one group

edited main thing anyway

Bike
    Hornet 900
    Ill be keen if I can sort my bikes fueling problem. What kinda pace would you be expecting?
    Thats the smell of desire my lady..
    www.pacwit.com

Bike
    Too many to count
    it's a relatively short run, so once we hit huia rd the fast guys will tear off and the slower will go slower...

i might add that it's a beautiful windy road that goes down across the lower nihotipu damn, and ends winding along the coast with water on one side and cliffs on the other (alot like coromandel just north of thames)

Bike
    2004 snow white, k1 beast
    mean sound like its gana be a fun ride...
    its gana be after the BBQ aye??
    Terrorist are people too.....

Bike
    Too many to count
    yeap, so that way we can't accidentally miss the agm cause we're busy riding

Bike
    RC46 VFR800 in yellow, VTR250, ÜberFXR
    My home stomping ground! Yay! (tis but a small detour to Laingholm and home)

Some good twisties out this way - gotta watch the tar snakes, dodgy road surfaces and drivers on wrong side of the road round corners though...

Will see y'all at the AGM and then take the FXR out for an abuse session with you all.

Edit: It definately won't take too long to head out and back, even at a pootle....
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    V4! VFR800s sound like some sort of alien rocket-ship coming to probe all of our women and destroy our cities

Bike
    flippy
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    leaving from wild west honda, after the AGM. We don't know when that'll be finished, but it should be around 2:30ish.

I'm thinking leaving from wild west honda at 3 we go along great north road, turn left onto titirangi rd, and at the titirangi roundabout we go left again to huia

should take maybe 2 hours, 60 minutes each way - at a guess - so we'll be back 5ish
    yknow you should do a ride when i can come and show you all how to total a bike and walk away

Bike
    Phurball's Mountain Bike and CB900
    im outtie....have funnies kiddies and ill see you all at the AGM
    "Rock is dead" - Jim Morrison

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrislost View Post
    yknow you should do a ride when i can come and show you all how to total a bike and walk away
    lol, pull a sickie

Bike
    Hornet
    Just went for a cruise this avo out to Piha. Traffic was light, sun shining, road dry, moss
    disappearing.... yeah man opened it up!

I put some spacers in my front forks yesterday (7mm) and wound up the preload / adjusted rebound and MAN what a difference! I didn't realise it before, but I was getting pretty severe nose diving in corners (especially after replacing the rear shock and raising the bike a little).

Cornering speeds just went up 10-15%!!!!!!!! Reckon I might be able to give the VFR a little run next time!

Bike
    Too many to count
    ah excellent! after tonights burn down piha rd with chris i thought the only way i was going to have a rider the same speed as me on the smc rides was to have them on weekdays!

and considering his accidents, and our speed, how i havent written off a bike yet is beyond me. nearly had two head ons this arvo, and on symonds st at 11am i nearly t boned an idiot doing a U turn without looking (i don't think i was speeding, but damn the brakes, horn, middle finger and abusing-voice got a workout)

Bike
    Hornet
    It's pretty scary pushing hard through the Waitakere ranges - the corners are bloody awesome and a good rider can hit them pretty hard, but the corners are so blind you just don't know what's awaiting you. I came around a corner on the way to Piha today and a car coming the other way had crossed the line and was on my side of the road by about 1-2 feet. It scared the shit out of me but I was far enough left to avoid him/her. In a situation like that, no rider would have enough time to adjust their line sufficiently...

I guess that's why they call them corners eh? (cause you can't see around them).

In the Dakar rally race entrants have a warning system when other drivers are approaching them / in their vacinity. Maybe this idea could be adapted for general motorists i.e. a warning beep that another vehicle is close to you.

Thread Information