Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jail for motorist in biker smash

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

Jail for motorist in biker smash

A driver who seriously injured a motorcyclist after crashing into him has been convicted of dangerous driving and jailed for 18 months.

Andrew Oades was hit by 39-year-old Mark Golding's car when it crossed the central reservation on the A3, Surrey. The Old Bailey heard Golding, formerly of Guildford, Surrey, had been trying to push another motorist off the road.

Judge Anthony Morris said: "Mr Oades has suffered devastating injuries which have ruined his life. This was a deliberate and reckless piece of driving."

Golding, who has SEVENTEEN previous convictions was also banned from driving for five years. The dangerous driving sentence will run concurrently with a previous life term he received for grievous bodily harm.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    2001 Suzuki GSF250V
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Golding, who has SEVENTEEN previous convictions was also banned from driving for five years. The dangerous driving sentence will run concurrently with a previous life term he received for grievous bodily harm.
    Five years? What a bloody joke.
    Look, it's an itsy bitsy Bandit.

Bike
    XR600
    5years and 18 months in jail and after all those convictions? he shouldn't have a licence at all. it's the same here in new zealand. motorist killed 6months loss of licence or two years in jail.
    If they all rode a bike maybe they would be more consious of the road and of others.
    ive been riding in auckland traffic for so long and swear so poor bugger is gonna get it when i snap.

Bike
    2001 Suzuki GSF250V
    Quote Originally Posted by takiniteasy
    5years and 18 months in jail and after all those convictions? he shouldn't have a licence at all. it's the same here in new zealand. motorist killed 6months loss of licence or two years in jail.
    If they all rode a bike maybe they would be more consious of the road and of others.
    ive been riding in auckland traffic for so long and swear so poor bugger is gonna get it when i snap.
    If I shoot a rifle in someone's general direction, I'll most likely never be allowed a firearms license again. If I kill someone with my car while speeding down the wrong side of the road while liquored up, I'll probably get my license back.

Bike
    2013 EX300SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob

WTF. He's got a previous life term! And he's out and about! And trying to drive someone off the road! Just as well he didn't do anything serious then.

That is just scary. The guy is obviously a complete head case. This is a genuine news article Bob?

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwalo
    WTF. He's got a previous life term! And he's out and about! And trying to drive someone off the road! Just as well he didn't do anything serious then.

That is just scary. The guy is obviously a complete head case. This is a genuine news article Bob?
    The life sentence is for the grevious bodily harm, which is probably for the same accident. IE he had multiple charges laid against him.

Gotta agree though if this guy ever sees the outside of a prison he certainly should NEVER allowed to be behind the wheel of a vehicle.

Personally I'd be serious disenclined(?) to let him even have a push bike.
    Hayden - Evidence that even the mediocre can achieve great things.

((U+C+I) x (10-S))/20 x A x 1/(1-sin(F/10))

Bike
    1997 Ducati 600 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Lemur
    Gotta agree though if this guy ever sees the outside of a prison he certainly should NEVER allowed to be behind the wheel of a vehicle.
    The thing is, people like that dont give a shit if they have a licence or not... how can you keep them outta cars?

Bike
    1997 bandit 1200s
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakamin
    The thing is, people like that dont give a shit if they have a licence or not... how can you keep them outta cars?
    Lock 'em up for longer periods,that 'ill do it!

Bike
    1997 Ducati 600 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Lock 'em up for longer periods,that 'ill do it!
    hehehe...if only

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Dang I told ys' already man.
    Ya' dye their heads pink,an pink headed people ain't allowed to drive.
    The odd thing is,by the time he gets out he'll be eligible to drive again.
    If I lived in his naibourhood,I'd be planning a long distance holiday around then

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    hehehe...if only
    It's not an if only. Simple thing like caught driving while banned for life = 5 years prision. Caught again = longer still. Caught yet again = bullet (coz com'on this fucker will be costing the country a fortune by now, not to mention the potential for this fool to reproduce and this increase the idiot population).
    Hayden - Evidence that even the mediocre can achieve great things.

((U+C+I) x (10-S))/20 x A x 1/(1-sin(F/10))

Bike
    2000 BMW650GS

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jackrat
    Dang I told ys' already man.
    Ya' dye their heads pink,an pink headed people ain't allowed to drive.
    The odd thing is,by the time he gets out he'll be eligible to drive again.
    If I lived in his naibourhood,I'd be planning a long distance holiday around then
    Have you noticed how often that happens? e.g. 12 months jail and 12 months loss of licence, to be served concurrently. What a waste of time, as the goose will always get its licence back at the same time it gets out. Sooooooooooo, is there a major gap of logic there, or what? Maybe it's some strange law that I don't know about (very possible). Now, surely it should be xx jail, THEN loss of licence for xx years (I'm sure that must happen lots too).
    It's a hard road boy.......so try not to land on it.

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasman
    Have you noticed how often that happens? e.g. 12 months jail and 12 months loss of licence, to be served concurrently. What a waste of time, as the goose will always get its licence back at the same time it gets out. Sooooooooooo, is there a major gap of logic there, or what? Maybe it's some strange law that I don't know about (very possible). Now, surely it should be xx jail, THEN loss of licence for xx years (I'm sure that must happen lots too).
    What I've never got is the whole concurrent thing.
    Said crook gets done for ten burgs,gets twelve months for each, but only does time for one,and then only does a 2 thirds anyway.Hell thats nine burgs for free.Yes definatly a (gap in logic)

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwalo

Do you honestly think I could make something like this up?
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    2001 Suzuki GSF250V
    Make it like firearms: illegal to sell to anyone without a license.

Thread Information