Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticketing of Bikes - Footpath and Wof/Rego tickets

Bike
    Too many to count

Angry Ticketing of Bikes - Footpath and Wof/Rego tickets

today i got a $200 ticket for not having a having a WOF which i do infact have diplayed (and no sign of them moving/checking it), and $40 for parking out of the way - i don't see those bins getting a ticket

you bet i'm angry

apparently i have to write to them disputing the tickets, and then if they disagree i have to appear in court at 10am during the week to state my case

all this at my cost, and i'll be missing important lectures.

on the upside, i went to the testing station to get another WOF sticker to stick in the front, claiming the old one to be stolen. my current wof expires in december 2007, the new one expires december 2008 - saves me getting two warrants / $50 but i will have to anyway for insurance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ticket1a.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	101721   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ticket1b.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	101722   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ticket1c.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	101723  

Bike
    Too many to count
    oh fuck me, i mustnt have put my current wof in the holder.... not that he checked the year it expires or anything (not a mark on it, and the ticket says i failed to display the wof)

owell, i'm still not paying either fine

Bike
    '08 DR650
    ring up the city council, get put thru to the parking people, get their fax number (if it aint on their website)

A while back they were ticketing bikes on symonds for not displaying wof's (well, more of a case that the guy wasnt looking, i pointed out them on 5 bikes, 2 of which he'd ticketed), rang the council and was told that when they receive the ticket, if they fax in their wof sticker then they'll drop the fine...

as for the parking ticket... we're aiming to attend the next transport committee meeting to oppose this sort've ticketing, dont know what you can do for now but you're a good example of whats happening if nothing else

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    That sucks man, i dont really see how they can get you for it.
    I have shot into AUT many moons ago on a GB with no rego, no wof, no plate and no exhaust and not got a ticket
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Hornet
    Didn't know the council could ticket you for not displaying a WOF, just say it fell off and post them a photocopy of your current one to prove you were up to-date at the time of the ticket. As for the other ticket, that could be a hard one to argue cause you can't park on a footpath.

Bike
    RC46 VFR800 in yellow, VTR250, ÜberFXR
    Farkers!

What was the parking officer number? I have a big problem with officer 88 personally, he's a nasty little man!

Will dig out my parking policy guidelines I got from the council... We'll check tickets properly issued.

My feeling is that you should get off the no WOF ticket - provided you produce evidence of current WOF.

PM me if you want a hand - I'm a veteran at this bollocks...
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    V4! VFR800s sound like some sort of alien rocket-ship coming to probe all of our women and destroy our cities

Bike
    Vespa GT200, LML Vespa 130, Honda NXR125
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    today i got a $200 ticket for not having a having a WOF which i do infact have diplayed (and no sign of them moving/checking it), and $40 for parking out of the way - i don't see those bins getting a ticket

you bet i'm angry

apparently i have to write to them disputing the tickets, and then if they disagree i have to appear in court at 10am during the week to state my case

all this at my cost, and i'll be missing important lectures.

on the upside, i went to the testing station to get another WOF sticker to stick in the front, claiming the old one to be stolen. my current wof expires in december 2007, the new one expires december 2008 - saves me getting two warrants / $50
    Man that blows, I had a chat to one of those parking nazi's not so long ago and he said so long as it doesn't cause an obstruction then you should be okay. In this case it seems the parking warden must have not got his morning coffee and fag as to me you look nothing like causing an obstruction.

With regard to writing in to get the ticket cancelled, I have had good success. Just ensure to state your case, read the bylaw he has done you with and go about picking it apart. Use the photos as evidence. Say the wof was behind the plate. If you have to follow the law, we should all have screens on our bikes and scoots so we can legally display the rego - but that ain't never gonna happen now ehh... lol

Also nice work on scoring the wof for another year.

Bike
    a blue one
    the sign says reserved parking

Bike
    tedium
    Do the UK trick of putting a sock over your numberplate if you park it on the pavement. Only a copper is allowed to touch your motorcycle and therefore they can't issue a ticket unless they can see the numberplate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    Okay, the ticket for the warrant sucks but you are parking on the footpath on a busy road where there are plenty of wardens. You're lucky it doesn't get stolen with all the scum hanging around the High Court.

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
    the sign says reserved parking
    that's for the parking lot down the driveway

Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    That sucks man, i dont really see how they can get you for it.
    I have shot into AUT many moons ago on a GB with no rego, no wof, no plate and no exhaust and not got a ticket
    i've been parking in that exact same spot from 10am-11am every tuesday all semester

Quote Originally Posted by Macstar View Post
    Didn't know the council could ticket you for not displaying a WOF, just say it fell off and post them a photocopy of your current one to prove you were up to-date at the time of the ticket. As for the other ticket, that could be a hard one to argue cause you can't park on a footpath.
    send them my 2008 one? doesn't seem like a good idea to me.... maybe get them to check their records

Bike
    a blue one
    that's for the parking lot down the driveway
    I know, it's just funny you got a ticket when you were parked next to it.

Bike
    Phurball's Mountain Bike and CB900
    umm i got done for parkin on alfred st footpath before it was closed off, was fuming coz id parked there for almost a whole year, even in the presence of parking wardens and had never been told i cudnt...wrote my case and took it into the place up the road from imax.....they just said sweet and wrote it off....

just try going there and see what happens....i think its a city council building?? correct me if im wrong but its the massive building up the road from imax and aotea square....
    "Rock is dead" - Jim Morrison

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Bike
    '08 DR650
    on the upside, i went to the testing station to get another WOF sticker to stick in the front, claiming the old one to be stolen. my current wof expires in december 2007, the new one expires december 2008 - saves me getting two warrants / $50
    sadly unless they entered it in the system as a year long warrant (if they can even do this... doubt it) then ya wont get away with it if its checked wont be able to reg ya bike as their system will tell them that its not warrented

Bike
    Too many to count
    bugger....

oh and bomma, that building i believe is the aucklnad city town hall

Thread Information