Thread: Warwickshire Speed Camera partnership asks bikers “Are you a BUMMER?”

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

Warwickshire Speed Camera partnership asks bikers “Are you a BUMMER?”

In a move likely to both alienate and insult, the Warwickshire Speed Camera Partnership has sent out postcards to riders with titles like “Through-and-through bummer” showing three bikes crashing into hedges – and in one truly insulting cartoon, a graveyard with a biker’s tombstone on it.

They claim they chose the word as a tortured acronym for ‘Be Under Maximum MPH Every Ride’ and because a "bummer" is slang for a bad time.

One line from the organisation's website suggests: "You can also help others by sharing your 'Bummer' experiences."

To see the cartoons, click here.

If anyone finds these cartoons insulting, then complain to the Warwickshire Speed Camera partnership at roadsafety@warwickshire.gov.uk
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    1986 honda vfr 750f, dr650 tardish
    insulting ? amusing That one that goes thru the clouds must have one of those bikes that the battlestar galactica crew had when they came to earth
    and everyone else in the pics seem to be having such a goood time..........
    dont break your cake

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Yeah well bummer is an old slang term for an arse bandit....imagine if the LTSA had spent their ill gotten gains on this sort of crap over there.

Perhaps we should email them and ask them if they, in fact are A.R.S.E. B.A.N.D.I.T.S.
    Acronyms Requiring Substantial Explanation Blisssfully Assinine Never Doubting It's Traducing Safety
    Last edited by bluninja; 16th October 2004 at 03:57. Reason: better acronym
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    2015 S1000RR
    That is so bizzare. Whats really funny for me, Warwickshire is where I grew up until I was 8 and moved to NZ. Its so strange to see a place I remember with fond memories from childhood mentioned on a forum on the other side of the world. It is a small world after all.
    The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook.

Bike
    1987 Nifty 50
    Excellant work Blu !
    "Not one day that we are here on this earth has been promised to us, so make the most of every day as if it was your last, and every breath ,as if it were the same"

Thread Information