Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can cops pull you over.......?

Bike
    2004 snow white, k1 beast

Can cops pull you over.......?

Can cops pull you over for suspecting that you could be a Lerner rider?

i was riding on the mway doing 85kmh during traffic and a cop pulls out from behind me and pulls me over.
    he tells me that normally people that ride the bike i was riding (gsx250) are Lerners???? he asked for my licence. so i proudly flip out my ristricted and shut him doen.

but can they do such a thing???
    Terrorist are people too.....

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    yes. They can stop you at any time for any reason and that is how it should be. If you are all legit then it takes up 5 minutes of your time. If your not then you shouldnt have been on the road anyhow.

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    Really? I thought cops were lax with the whole >70 thing on your learners anyway if you're riding safe?!

And yeah I think cops can pull you over if they suspect anything at all...

Bike
    K4 Busa
    Quote Originally Posted by ehab2weelr View Post

i was riding on the mway doing 85kmh during traffic and a cop pulls out from behind me and pulls me over.
    he tells me that normally people that ride the bike i was riding (gsx250) are Lerners???? he asked for my licence. so i proudly flip out my ristricted and shut him doen.

Yes. If youre in/on a vehicle in a public place or public road police can stop you.

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingrob View Post
    Really? I thought cops were lax with the whole >70 thing on your learners anyway if you're riding safe?!

And yeah I think cops can pull you over if they suspect anything at all...
    all depends on the cop and if he has reached his (non existant) quota or not yet. Actually thats not real fair cause I often pass a cop on the way to and from work at 130+ and he waves everytime.
    On the flipside I was doing 122 in Taranaki when the photo in my sig was taken.

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Bike
    K4 Busa
    Quote Originally Posted by ehab2weelr View Post

After rereading your thread it almost sounds like you are saying "who the fuck do they think they are pulling ME over".

I think you need a reality check little man, it is a privellage not a right to be granted a NZ drivers license. When you take out the application and pay your money- that little form that you put your chicken scratchings on is an agreement to abide by and be subject to all the rules and regulations of the Land Transport Act 1998.
    In there somewhere it will say when a police officer pulls in behind you with flashing red and blue lights activated what do you do, it probably says
    a) pull over because youre supposed to,
    not
    b) pull over and then be a smarmy, smart arse little c*@t, then go and post a pointless drivel thread on an internet forum about it

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyz View Post
    yes. They can stop you at any time for any reason and that is how it should be.
    No it isn't. They should have to prove that they had enough evidence to suspect you of doing something wrong that would hold up in court. The NZ Police's ability to stop you for no reason at all contravenes every International human rights charter created over the last 60 years. It's totalitarianism at work.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    S1000RR
    ^I'd say
    e.g. big fat police men pulls over a sexy lady in her Mercedes SLK just to look at her.

I don't think so, thats stalking.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Oh hey Ehab! Maybe that cop was gay lol
    Maybe he likes bikers

Last edited by EJK; 14th October 2007 at 19:02. Reason: grammher!

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    I think cops are allowed to pull you over for routine checks. I have seen alot of the Police 10/7 how they randomly stop suspected car drivers without licence or their instincts tells them something is not right.

If it makes you feel better I got stopped on 3 occasions now with cops asking me are you sure you are allowed to ride such a big bike like that (stupid question like that). There was also a lady cop asking me are you riding your fathers bike....I just show them my licence smile and bugger off. As cowboyz stated if you are legit no problem...I suppose they are just doing their job Ehab....
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by EJKDDORAI View Post
    ^I'd say
    e.g. big fat police men pulls over a sexy lady in her Mercedes SLK just to look at her.

I don't think so, thats stalking.

This happened to my girlfriend in her flashy car....stopped by a biker cop and he asked for her phone number... long story short stalking charges were laid....

Bike
    S1000RR
    bastards.... lol

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    Quote Originally Posted by klyong82 View Post
    This happened to my girlfriend in her flashy car....stopped by a biker cop and he asked for her phone number... long story short stalking charges were laid....
    That is pretty fucked up when a guy cant see a cute girl and come up with a "different" way to make an impression (no matter if it works or not) thathe ends up with stalking charges. Thats not stalking. That is trying to meet someone.

YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyz View Post
    That is pretty fucked up when a guy cant see a cute girl and come up with a "different" way to make an impression (no matter if it works or not) thathe ends up with stalking charges. Thats not stalking. That is trying to meet someone.

Not going into too much detail but apparently the department found out that he bought a prepaid cellphone and started making calls when he knew she was not available... if you were her at that time I think you would freak out .

Edit: I suppose if it happened to someone else I would say gotta give that cop credit for been creative......but if this cop was going after your lady.....hmmm....

Bike
    '69 K0, '71 Stinger, '73 Z1, '74 AC50

We just don't care enough...

The police just can't go on a fishing expedition. It gets worse...The city council here were doing some sort of survey on Johns Road a couple of months ago. Signaling drivers to pull over then detaining them to fill in some damn form. People at work were bitching about having to wait in a queue. How pathetic. As a citizen you have rights and one of those rights is to go about your lawful business without being harassed, which is what happened to the young poster of this thread. We are a nation of sheep and it's getting worse. In the USA they don't put up with that crap. They defend their freedoms, but we couldn't care less, let along give the issue any thought until it impacts on us personally.

Thread Information