Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headlights on people, headlights on!

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries

Headlights on people, headlights on!

My bike was booked in for it's 42k service today and I copped the full brunt of the shite weather that hit Auckland today taking it into town.
    Colemans gave me a wee VTR250 loaner (cute bike, a nightmare to ride in the wind that buffeted the entire southern motorway) and by the time I returned it to pick mine up Grundy street looked like a river.

Anyways, my exhortation is: Please remember to have your lights on folks. Riding conditions were totally shit today and I could not believe how many cars had no lights on whatsoever. Visibility was almost zero through the torrential rain and spotting cars was a major headache, with so many blending into the gray ambient light. Checking traffic behind me was almost non-existant as basically the majority of my focus was trying to estimate distance to "shapes" in front of me and not suddenly finding myself as a boot ornament.

Bikers and car drivers alike - please please please use your lights today; the cloak of invisibility is out in force. Help keep each other safe!!
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Im off for a wee ride tonight down to Auckland Town...leaving about 5ish...blue skies/dry roads here and has been for about two hours...should be heading your way anytime now.
    Light is always on.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Light is always on.
    Not what I've heard!!!

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Not what I've heard!!!
    Only when riding in the Waikato...It helps to ease the angst.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Im off for a wee ride tonight down to Auckland Town...leaving about 5ish...blue skies/dry roads here and has been for about two hours...should be heading your way anytime now.
    Light is always on.
    Ah, the lights maybe on but is anybody home?

No, but seriously, we had the rain all day yesterday & last night. Woke up this morning, typical, and it was unbelievably misty. First time I have seen a proper can't see f'all pea soup up here. Quite a few vehicles did have there lights on but I think that was out of necessity to see the road.
    The summer down pours on the North Western motor way are forever etched on my brain by the acid taste of terror, tail gating & no lights still travelling at 100kmh.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Ah, the lights maybe on but is anybody home?

No, but seriously, we had the rain all day yesterday & last night. Woke up this morning, typical, and it was unbelievably misty. First time I have seen a proper can't see f'all pea soup up here. Quite a few vehicles did have there lights on but I think that was out of necessity to see the road.
    The summer down pours on the North Western motor way are forever etched on my brain by the acid taste of terror, tail gating & no lights still travelling at 100kmh.
    Just ring the bell buddy, someone will answer...

Bike
    2018 Moto Guzzi V9
    Bloody cars with no lights at night is just great also
    stealth mode perhaps
    SIGN HERE X

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    It's like watching a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    What a soft cock, who wears pants when posting on facebook?

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by skinman View Post
    stealth mode perhaps
    Cops like to use that move.

Bike
    '13 Repsol Thou'
    Quote Originally Posted by skinman View Post
    stealth mode perhaps
    Unbelievable the amount of car drivers who drive without their lights on, im guess it's because the streets are so well lit, retards though, you'd think they would be more aware.

Always got my light on, would like to stand out as much as possible, too many idiots behind the wheel these days, dont wanna give them one more excuse for not seeing me

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Turns out I was just being a n00b.

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by AE4ME View Post
    Unbelievable the amount of car drivers who drive without their lights on, im guess it's because the streets are so well lit, retards though, you'd think they would be more aware.

Always got my light on, would like to stand out as much as possible, too many idiots behind the wheel these days, dont wanna give them one more excuse for not seeing me
    This is stupid but I know of one cager that is more worried about his battery being run down so unless the sun has set he doesn't put his lights on If he used the argument of fuel economy he might barely have a point.

Bike
    A
    The clowns who drive around with park lights on are just as bad... I reckon all vehicles should be fitted with an evil device, the flexible end of a fishing rod, primed at the back of a drivers' neck...so that when he/she releases the park brake with lights on park only, they get an instant reminder that park lights are for stationary vehicles. Use the same device for dickheads who can't work out when to turn their lights on. After a few welts they'll soon learn...

The sooner day running lamps become standard fitment, the better.

My wife belongs in that category above, so I fitted LED running lights that come on when car is started. They only can be turned off by turning lights onto dip, so that's fixed her hahahahaha!

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    The clowns who drive around with park lights on are just as bad... I reckon all vehicles should be fitted with an evil device, the flexible end of a fishing rod, primed at the back of a drivers' neck...so that when he/she releases the park brake with lights on park only, they get an instant reminder that park lights are for stationary vehicles. Use the same device for dickheads who can't work out when to turn their lights on. After a few welts they'll soon learn...
    Amen to that brother! I blame the Constabulary for not stopping and prosecuting those wankers who insist on driving with their PARKING lights on. When I'm King, the switch that operates park lights will be hidden at the back of the glovebox and a car's light switch will have only one click that turns headlights ON and a toggle that dips them.

Parking lights do little to improve a vehicle's visibility whilst travelling.

These new LED "running lights" are just designer wankery. Pure ornamentation designed to impress the neighbours with your new expensive German car that you don't actually own, because the family trust has acquired it under sum tax-beneficial leasing arrangement. They're easily injection moulded into a plastic fitting and are pretty reliable but still require drivers to make a subsequent decision to turn their main headlights on when things get really dark. Ban them!

And then there are the wankers who drive with their lights on full beam, because they think that making themselves REALLY visible makes them even safer. Not when I'm out with my destructor ray gun it doesn't.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Amen to that brother! I blame the Constabulary for not stopping and prosecuting those wankers who insist on driving with their PARKING lights on. When I'm King, the switch that operates park lights will be hidden at the back of the glovebox and a car's light switch will have only one click that turns headlights ON and a toggle that dips them.

Parking lights do little to improve a vehicle's visibility whilst travelling.

These new LED "running lights" are just designer wankery. Pure ornamentation designed to impress the neighbours with your new expensive German car that you don't actually own, because the family trust has acquired it under sum tax-beneficial leasing arrangement. They're easily injection moulded into a plastic fitting and are pretty reliable but still require drivers to make a subsequent decision to turn their main headlights on when things get really dark. Ban them!

And then there are the wankers who drive with their lights on full beam, because they think that making themselves REALLY visible makes them even safer. Not when I'm out with my destructor ray gun it doesn't.
    Awwww! Someone needs a hug!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    The Conscience
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Awwww! Someone needs a hug!

or a nap....
    "It is by will alone I set my mind in motion"

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AE4ME View Post

you think car-types in cities are AWARE of anything beyond the four feet in front and to the right of their vehicle????

i have lights on when visibility is reduced. could be rain, dark, overcast, glare, whatever. not always on, but usually.

and i think it's a legal requirement for mo'bikes....

Thread Information