Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so i got pulled over tonight.....

Bike
    Too many to count

so i got pulled over tonight.....

riding the FXR on my way to my mate's place at midnight, i passed on double yellow lines doing 75ish in a 50, and sure enough a cop in a sidestreet saw the whole thing - and didnt pull me up on it

was riding the FXR home from doing "stuff" with some mates at about 1:30 this morning. doing about 75ish in a 50, as you do....

out of nowhere i hear what sounds like a siren, i check the useless FXR mirrors to see those dreaded blue and red flashing lights

so being the awesome getaway vehicle the FXR is, i pulled over. cop checked the bike to make sure i hadn't stolen it, gave my licence a good hard look at (i've got my full), asked my address etc, and then returned my licence and let me go

must be my lucky day or something!

Bike
    XJR1220
    Let's hope that it's also a lucky day for everyone else on the road around you.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post

must be my lucky day or something!
    Someone else that thinks he's a biker, but is just a twat.

Bike
    Raleigh Twenty
    Get a lotto ticket NOW!!!

Bike
    Hornet
    Why don't you vent some of your energy on the track? Pukekohe has a track today for example. I know Chris and that other guy from Cycle Treads were heading over.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Another yong idiot is on our roads so it seems.

Or is he a troll??
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    yanno how so many of us want to make it compulsory that cagers spend at least a year on a bike? maybe we should make it compulsory for new young male members here to read every single one of skidmarks threads [and our responses]
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    2004 snow white, k1 beast
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhuntin View Post
    yanno how so many of us want to make it compulsory that cagers spend at least a year on a bike? maybe we should make it compulsory for new young male members here to read every single one of skidmarks threads [and our responses]
    true dat....
    Terrorist are people too.....

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    Man, I never knew the FXR can go over 70 km!

OMG ! hahaha..

Bike
    Too many to count
    ok, now i know i may sound like an idiot, but the double yellow lines was on a straight bit of suburban road, only double yellow due to day traffic, and doing 75 after midnight on a weeknight up a hill (and losing speed fast) isn't what i'd call dangerous. obviously the cops agree, or dont think it's enough of a problem to pull me up on it. was is lunch time obviously i would get, and deserve a ticket. they were more interested in my licence and my being out after 10pm, and i have no issue with them pulling me over to check that

for the record i am yet to have a road bike accident, always ride insured, and have no issue with speeding tickets as i am breaking the rules i signed up to when i got my learners. i would go to the track days, actually i plan on it, but i need to organise money(broke) and spare fairings (done!) in the event of a slip up as i will not be insured

so no i'm not an idiot, though i can be hoon at times when i'm on the vfr, and would concede my "traffic negotiation" can be a bit "aggressive" at times

Bike
    Too many to count
    and the only reason "yet to have a raod bike accident" means anything is that in almost 4 years on the road i have been able to anticipate and avoid all accidents. ie, i'm not one of those guys who write off a bike every other week, i'm on a 400cc bike so i can't be an absolute idiot and kill myself doing a wheelie and intend to stay that way until a cager decides they're going to buy me a 600cc

Bike
    Phurball's Mountain Bike and CB900
    speeding = not cool

60kph = speeding

hey wait i ride at 60kph......and pretty sure most bikers around me do the same or faster speeds....

there4 me = not cool

aww man stupid logic....i gotta make me a logic tree to test the above logic statement....im gonna be a while...

and andrew not all cops are that lenient and at 75 crossin double lines, you're attention is undoubtedly divided and it's also a lot harder to stop quickly should anything happen....

it's not a matter of if, its a matter of when
    "Rock is dead" - Jim Morrison

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by bomma View Post
    and andrew not all cops are that lenient and at 75 crossin double lines, you're attention is undoubtedly divided and it's also a lot harder to stop quickly should anything happen....

it's not a matter of if, its a matter of when
    yes i'm well aware, but comon! midnight, straight road, one car, weeknight! i don't blame the cops for being lenient, eternally grateful of course.

and attention was not divided, was wholly on passing car at time - only thing to go wrong bar mechanical failure would be a car without headlights jumping out of the hedges onto road immediately infront of me, or car i'm passing trying to turn into said hedges

i know what speed i am doing and will not moan and bitch about consequences. i will however, celebrate when i get off scott free

Bike
    2017 GSXR 750
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Another yong idiot is on our roads so it seems.

Or is he a troll??

Could be Skidmark in disguise ??? ... LOL

Bike
    Too many to count
    lol no, i had it on both wheels

Thread Information