Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evening newbie rides?

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa

Evening newbie rides?

Hey guys, the names D. I just got my bike and was interested in joining the Auck uni MC, just wondering how i go about doing that? Also if anyone is keen on some sedate evening rides around auckland? I a newbie so am still pretty nervous.I work from nine to five thirty but the suns setting pretty late so i reckon evening would still be pretty light. I live in remuera so if anyones close by and wants to cruise i'm always up for it. Oh and i'm a bit nervous about riding again cos i dropped my bike yesterday *chalk it up to a learning experience*, it's got a vicious back break ask kyle haha. So any braking tips would be well appreciated. Hope to ride with you guys soon.

Peace out and ride safe

D

Bike
    AX100 "Poppy"
    Blog Entries
    Hi D,
    I'm over in Mt Eden and keen to go riding!
    Squiggles is the president of the Uni Bikes Club, he is in Epsom so not too far away either.
    Drop him a PM and I'm sure he would be happy to come out with you too and give you some tips (He's the one who taught me to ride).
    Hope to see you soon, and sunny side up,
    Hanne

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

Vegetarian Motorcyclists Unite

Bike
    Hornet
    Hey "D" This aint CBR David reinventing himself is it? Just kidding mate...

I'm not sure how to join the club, I've been an unofficial member for 6 months now. My unofficial status hasn't stopped me for joining and organising SMC club rides though! Probably give Bomma or Squiggles a PM.

As for rides, yep always keen - evenings are sweet for me. In fact, riding with other bikers is probably the best way to build your skills up quickly as you can follow their lines through corners, see what speed to go and watch when they brake / accelerate etc.

What bike have you got?

Bike
    Vespa GT200, LML Vespa 130, Honda NXR125
    There is also the mentor ride on a Wednesday (?) evening, but if you need peeps to ride with, a quick post will invigorate some action...
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    goes like a whore on P

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT250R
    i havent officially joined either but i like hanging out with these guys so here i am.

i am always keen for a nana ride, i am in epsom too so just about your neck of woods. problem being there aint much good roads smack bang in the middle of dork-land

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Just gimme $3 bucks and you are an official member. lol I live in Remuera too D. If you see a blue/yellow/white Fireblade 929 that would be me.

Are you the person who has a RG150? Someone was telling me this yesterday.
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Hey guys, nice to meet you all. How does monday evening sound (12th)? I'm kinda nervous after my fall but i'm keen to get straight back on. I ride a RG150, it's a great bike but pretty high strung haha i've been riding about four days so i'm not great. I'll give squiggles a pm and try organise a ride. Yeah there aren't too many roads in rem but if there are a few of us i'm sure we can ride out a bit cos i won't be afraid of stalling and the such (shame i know, plus my bike s a kick start so it's a pain in the ass).

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    hey KL yeah i have the RG, she's super mint even after the fall. I love her to bits i guess it's just first bike infatuation haha. She's a pain to learn to take off in...i gotta work on my clutch control.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    im here, and close

Dont forget to put good 2t oil in that rg

Bike
    Vespa GT200, LML Vespa 130, Honda NXR125
    Quote Originally Posted by klyong82 View Post
    Just gimme $3 bucks and you are an official member.
    That's a bargain, can I join? I can hold up the S end of SMC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    goes like a whore on P

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    hey KL yeah i have the RG, she's super mint even after the fall. I love her to bits i guess it's just first bike infatuation haha. She's a pain to learn to take off in...i gotta work on my clutch control.
    Yes great bikes that was my first bike too (sorry all I know my first bike was not a Honda). Well normally I ride to Mission Bay then all along Quay St. TUrn into and ride up Queen St then motorway back to Remuera off-ramp a good 30-40 mins ride. PM me your number and we can meet up for a ride like that.

Quote Originally Posted by UberRhys View Post
    That's a bargain, can I join? I can hold up the S end of SMC.
    Sure you can hold any letter just gimme me the money and dont tell Bomma or Squiggles about this.

PS: dont abuse the RG like how Squiggles abused his. muahahaha

Bike
    2004 snow white, k1 beast
    Quote Originally Posted by klyong82 View Post
    Yes great bikes that was my first bike too (sorry all I know my first bike was not a Honda). Well normally I ride to Mission Bay then all along Quay St. TUrn into and ride up Queen St then motorway back to Remuera off-ramp a good 30-40 mins ride. PM me your number and we can meet up for a ride like that.

Sure you can hold any letter just gimme me the money and dont tell Bomma or Squiggles about this.

PS: dont abuse the RG like how Squiggles abused his. muahahaha
    is that where all the smc money is gone to? kim ur this close to getting kicked out, but if ur still up for the trade, i could forget all about it hahahahahaha hahahah

ps im keen for a ride after 4.30 monday, finish my last exam then and be keen to burn some adrenalin . hahahahahah.
    Terrorist are people too.....

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ehab2weelr View Post
    is that where all the smc money is gone to? kim ur this close to getting kicked out, but if ur still up for the trade, i could forget all about it hahahahahaha hahahah

ps im keen for a ride after 4.30 monday, finish my last exam then and be keen to burn some adrenalin . hahahahahah.
    It wasnt me honest I am innocent. . As the committee know I did not want the treasurer role. If I was the treasurer you guys aint getting any money from me cos I will be investing it.

What trade Ehab? You wanna trade your GSX250 for my Spidi jacket?or you wanna trap 4 late model GSX for my Fireblade?

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Hey ehab. I work till five thirty on monday but if your keen for like a six thirty start that would be all good. Drop me a pm if your keen.

D

Bike
    S1000RR
    Bring it, I'm a newbie too
    Happy to involve a ride anytime

just send me a PM and I'm on my way

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Thread Information