Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crashed! I hate my luck

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa

Crashed! I hate my luck

Hey all, well it seems that after saving for five years and finally getting a bike and loving riding that god decides to piss on me. Started the bike up after work to hear an odd clunking/clinking noise..ok was riding it home slow as i was a bit wary of the odd noise.Was going through the domain when the bikes rear end wobbled power pissed off somwhere and then boom horizontal time. skidded rolled a bit then came to a stop. Bike, well, scratched stuff broken stuff loose stuff and when i rode it home no power, loud clunking/clicking noise and it was acting really odd, fuel cutting in and out. Sigh i can't even afford to fix it if it is broken hard out. Double sigh . Was on the verge of going incredible hulk on something aye. The guy behind me said he didn't know why it happend just the bike back end did a wierd shimmy and stopped. I wasn't on the rear brake cos i know not to do0 that on a corner, i wasn't leaning much, i put oil in her this morning, put petrol in her. Cry. Anyone want to come hav a look at her to see if she is ok, the wierd clunking noise worries me lots..

Bike
    S1000RR
    Man! what happened?!

Feel so sorry about the "saving for five years and finally getting a bike" part...

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    I dunno aye so sad right now, when i started after work it's like there was something wrong aye, fuck i am so pissed off and sad. Steering felt a little odd after words but don't think the fork are bent the bike did go into the pavement though. I love riding aye just bad luck i guess.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    pm me address, ill come see tonight if i have time or tomorrow evening

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    Anyone want to come hav a look at her to see if she is ok, the wierd clunking noise worries me lots..
    That loud clunking noise is more than likely parts of what was a piston flapping around inside the bore my friend. Bit of a rear wheel lock can be caused by engine seizure, and hey presto, you start saving once again. Dont despair though, not hugely expensive to repair, but dont ride it again till you have had it looked at, loud clunking noises are never good news in an engine, and tend to cause more damage the longer you leaving them clunking. Good Luck with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    '08 DR650
    didnt sound clunky, sounded fine, possibly like it needed a good thrash though. Although he used a very large amount of fuel getting from work to home, i suspect something else is afoot.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    hey all, yeah the clunk is gone now i've topped her up, 7 blooody litres!!! in 20 km. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this. Hmmm ill save up and get some stuff to fix the cosmetics.

Bike
    Honda NT650 The Stealth Bomber
    Good luck! Hope you get it sorted with the least amount of wallet pain involved.
    Illuc ivi, illud feci.

Buggrim, Buggrit.

Bike
    Hyosung 250 Comet
    Just thank the man upstairs this didn't happen at 100kph in traffic.
    There are no strangers in Kiwi Biker, only friends I haven't yet met.

Bike
    Hornet
    Dr Stevo wasn't able to give a diagnosis? I ain't no mechanic but I reckon if the rear wheel locked up without touching the brake pedal (And if the brake is functioning properly), then yeah the engine is likely to be the only other thing that could cause that.

Engine could do that either by seizing which apparently hasn't happened or maybe a more likely cause was slapping it down a gear without letting the clutch out slowly causing a bit of a rear wheel lock up?

Anyway mate, sorry to hear of your misfortunes. Bikes can be pretty mysterious contraptions. I remember one of my bikes started by itself once when parked in front of a cafe on Ponsonby Rd! It took off down the footpath before the disc lock slammed into the rear calliper and then it fell over on its side. Turned out to be a wiring fault...

Bike
    AX100 "Poppy"
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    hey all, yeah the clunk is gone now i've topped her up, 7 blooody litres!!! in 20 km. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this. Hmmm ill save up and get some stuff to fix the cosmetics.
    Yes, the whole 7 litres thing is very mysterious...
    I take it things went alright when you took her for a spin this evening?
    If you are worried about the cosmetics you should be able to get another decal, the purple bit looked to be the most scratched and that was only a sticker...

Hopefully you have SLIGHTLY better economy tomorrow
    (Oh, and maybe parking right up against a wall would make it more difficult to access petrol line?)

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

Vegetarian Motorcyclists Unite

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Is it 7 litres of 2 stroke oil?? If so that is not right... hope you are ok. Heal up and get the bike repaired bro.....
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    hey guys, yeah im alright a bit sore elbow took the brunt i just need to tape up my jacket. Bikes cosmetic are damaged but she runs fine. I'm taking the cage to work tomorrow which is gay but im not risking more petrol being stolen from my bike until ive told the boss. I'm guessing in the next two years of learning to ride my bike will be thrashed to bits so yeah you live and learn. Thanks for coming over and helping stephen and hanne.

Peace out and ride Safe

D

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Hey Stevo and Hanne can you come to my garage and finish my paint job on a Kawasaki ZX7R...from green to orange...
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    I'd say not to spend too much fixing the cosmetics yet. Wait until you've been riding for a good three or four months first, as that is when you are most likely to take a tumble.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Thread Information