Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ewen in hospital

Bike
    Hornet

Ewen in hospital

Hey guys, I just got back from visiting Ewen (Hungusmaximus) at Akl Hos. He's on the mend after a non-motorcycle related incident. I won't go into any more details than that on a public forum though if you'd like to give him a text or even go and visit him you can PM me for his number (if you don't already have it).

Just to reiterate: He's OK and not critical. Visiting hours are strict and are from 1pm-8pm.

P.S. He's already got more than enough motorcycle magazines and books to read.

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    Did the gerbil make it out alive?

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Damn....I wonder what happened.....poor guy...
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Hmm.... I wonder what happened....

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    I shall go see him tomorrow afternoon

Bike
    S1000RR
    Same, I might come with you

Bike
    2004 snow white, k1 beast
    any one going to c him 2day??? txt me pleas!!!!
    Terrorist are people too.....

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    If no one claims the gerbal, let me know. I've got a lovely home for him.

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Talked to Ewen an hour ago he is doing good and it is highly probable he will check out today from the hospital. He is been well looked after so dont you all worry nothing life threatening .....yet.
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    RC46 VFR800 in yellow, VTR250, ÜberFXR
    Damn - I hate hospital, having spent too much time there in the last few years...

Heal up well Ewen!
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    V4! VFR800s sound like some sort of alien rocket-ship coming to probe all of our women and destroy our cities

Bike
    Hodor
    So what was the accident? did he accidentaly contract AIDS?

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurrball View Post
    Damn - I hate hospital, having spent too much time there in the last few years...
    I always thought you made an excellent orderly. Typical lefty though - don't want to work.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    $2 on it being a pushbike thing

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    Hey ah just a quick thanks to all who have posted for my well being and many thanks to Kim, Hanne, Stephen and Issac for taking the effort by ringing me up and sending me your best wishes. Extra thanks for Issac for personally dropping in and don't worry for the rest of you who have missed out you still can send me chocolates/get well balloons/fruit baskets...

Gee this almost makes me wanna shed some tears... *sheds one single tear* haha

And Hanne, sorry If I sounded a little flat when you rang up, but I let you know that I was sure excited when you rang up, just a little short on the breath, especially talking to such a hottie. *pokesfun*

As for my mystery stay at the AKL hospo it all happened last Wednesday evening where I was happily finishing up sanding and painting for my parents' flat. All I knew I was walking into the bathroom (where I was painting) to check up on my finished job and then coming out with a massive chest pain on my right . My thoughts were I must've breathed in some paint/sand particle but then again I was wearing a respirator the whole time and the job was pretty much done when I walked in.

Cut this short, slept on it and the next day went my GP, he listened to my lungs and had a suspicion that the pain was to due my left lung having collapsed. Took an X-RAY and his suspicions were proved right and straight to emergency at AKL hospital.

Pretty much after that the docs at the hospo said I had a classic case of Spontaneous Pneumothorax because I was tall, young, skinny and male, the risks were higher (where there's a small rupture within the surface of the lungs). They couldn't figure out what triggered it hence it was spontaneous..

So what they did next was decide to give me some Morphine (and whatever other crap that made me have nausea and puke) and start on a small procedure where they insert a plastic tube inside the surface membrane of the lung to drain out all the air ('Chest Drain'). When the chest drain bucket stops bubbling it means it has healed up enough for me to go home.

Boring stuff really, but it worked and BANG, 5 days later, here I am. Discharged a few hours ago and a bit dazed at myself for spending the last 5 days indoors and everything seems so frikking fast!

Since being in there I guess I can say I've grown a bit, learned to be a bit more patient about things in general and made some serious reflection on whats important in my life.

Some things I have noticed are:

Hospital food can be really tasty especially if you're hungry and that's all you have to eat, how underrated Nurses/Docs are and they continue to do their job damm well without too much complains and most of all I have a BIGGER sense of gratitude that I received this free health service, thanks NEW ZEALAND. Though, being stuck in hospital still SUCKS big time.

Yea I still love my motorcycle but it isn't really a pressing priority at the moment and I heard about those involved during the weekend motorcycle accident, pretty shocking yea, things for me aren't so bad afterall....

Bike
    S1000RR
    ah gosh!!!!!!!!! sounds painful!!!!!!! awwww

good that you still can type! lol

Thread Information