Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Bike gangs: ever ridden with them?

Bike
    2015 HD Street 500
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston001 View Post
    FWI

When the English bikes disappeared the bikers looked around in desperation. Some adopted Ducatis and BMWs but eventually, after selling enough drugs, they started buying Harleys as being the only other true motorbike.

But this attitude went way beyond the gangs. Thousands of guys loved the bad boy image which went with a throaty exhaust note and originals (unwashed denims for you young'uns). They wanted a Bonneville or Commando or Sportster but they were hard to get.

I have to disagree totally with this statement.
    I rode with one of those clubs at the time you are talking about, 1980 - 1988
    I was never "patched" and was never asked to in the 2 years i rode with them.
    I bought my 84 1100 Evo Harley Sportster as a one year old bike.
    It took me the sale of a Car, working two jobs and my partner at the time
    worked as well. It took us 9 mths hard out work to get that bike.. legal as.
    Now
    There were also 5 other members(patched) who also wanted Harleys,
    For a woodcutting season these guys did fire wood, non stop for a year.
    At the end of it they had made enouigh money to buy 6 Harley Davidson Evo 1340 bikes.
    Why 6? The extra bike was raffeld around the club, with enough money being made to have a club fun fully paid for.
    Other members were carpenters, concrete layers and a realestate dealer.
    The attitude and direction of these groups changed in the 90's when young blood came into the clubs.
    Arrogant ready to fight , too east to get bikes and money.
    The "older" left. not wanting the crap of the young,
    But that was just one group who were known as a "biker gang" as the police and media showed them

The rest of your post is ok, and I agree with you after reading it all.
    To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Nope, but then I haven't gotten to ride with too many people yet, tend to ride on my own most of the time. Hopefully that will change. I acknowledge anyone on two wheels if im able, regardless of what they're on or what they're wearing. Mix of responses from all ranging from being ignored by some on bikes similar to mine through to wave or nod from some really hard looking black leathered ape-hanging guys with gang patches. However trying to join onto the end of a group of Mongrel Mob riders probably wouldn't be at the top of my to-do list. If the opportunity presented itself I think I'd just ride with a bit of distance between them and me so that they had no reason to think this skinny little white sheila was trying to suck up to them. If they acknowledged me I'd be racing through my paltry translating skills to see if it was of the friendly or hostile variety, then choose my response accordingly i.e. friendly, return in kind; hostile, open that throttle and be outta there.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries

This one still going?

There is something in riding with a patched MC club. I always liked the changing of stereotypes. To stop and help someone, to say thank you, to pay the bill and give a tip, to discuss art, a deep film, a book.

As I think I said here before: If you have not been there you will have difficoulties understanding.

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Thread Information