Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike gangs: ever ridden with them?

Bike
    Big f'n yellow one!

I agree with the guy going on about the SS

I agree with the guy going on about the commie..

'It is the actions, that define the man'

It is amazing what people assume about others just on appearance. Did you know that if you are meeting someone for the first time, by the time you have shaken their hand they have made 11 decisions about you!

I am a big white guy with a skin head and Tats, if I walk through a mall in my bike gear most people move out my way. Little do they know I would rather help, then hurt.

Do you know what the definition of assume is?
    Makes an ASS out if U and ME

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by The Joka View Post
    if I walk through a mall in my bike gear most people move out my way. Little do they know I would rather help, then hurt.
    Yeah but your a big white guy with a skin head and Tats that rides a bike... oh wait you already said that...

Bike
    S1000RR
    Biker gang? I thought 250 KB ride was a gang ride? lol

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet250Boy View Post
    Its funny because ive never seen a gang or club for that matter consisting of inline fours or Japanese bikes only harleys and triumphs why is this ?
    Generally speaking, the individuals who associate with a motorcycle club have a genuine deep rooted interest and enthusiasm for quality motorcycling. Associating themselves with racing fantasies on machines that have no real place on the road is obviously not their style.

Quote Originally Posted by iwilde View Post
    While I was filling the SS Commie at the servo a M Mob member had a rather inteligent conversation with me about XR8's and SS's. I bet if I was on the ZX14 he still have acted in the same manner and switched to harleys and jappa's. Untill proven otherwise I respect everyone as an indervidual, patched, tattoo'd or any colour.
    True, true.

If you want respect, show respect.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by saltydog View Post
    Strapping lad
    Some kid get loose on him with a 'Vivid' pen while he was stoned out??
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Nada
    Quote Originally Posted by iwilde View Post
    Until proven otherwise I respect everyone as an individual, patched, tattooed or any colour.
    Wouldn't quite go that far but yes I do give everyone the opportunity to earn respect.
    I did a bike run last Saturday with the Te Kuiti Bike Club. There were 4 other bike clubs that attended the 20year celebration afterwards too.
    Not one judgemental dick head(re my bike etc),no drugs or rape...however there were 100+ "bikers" with a genuine passion...MOTORCYCLES.

I get sick of ignorant cunts that have no real world experience and roll all Harley "types" in together. Maybe if some people had some balls and got to know some of "them" you'd form a slightly different opinion.

Just to clarify...I am not condoning the so called "gang" mentality that some bike clubs/gangs have.
    But for people to assume that since someone rides a Harley in a group of like minded people that they must be violent,drug taking/dealing wankers...well that just pathetic and closed minded.

Bigots...ignorant,judgemental bigots

Bike
    A naked monster - just like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
    Wouldn't quite go that far but yes I do give everyone the opportunity to earn respect.
    Ahh man there you go - the smartest comment I have seen on KB for well this morning anyway.

I am a huge believer of respect having to be earned - not given as a right. (Thats why Im not into the 'bikers code' just because someone could finance a bike).

BUT I never noticed that I had not been giving "everyone the opportunity to earn respect" (which I hadn't)

I gotta go change some of my attitude now.

Good point well worded!

C

Bike
    2002 SV650S
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanTiger View Post
    Generally speaking, the individuals who associate with a motorcycle club have a genuine deep rooted interest and enthusiasm for quality motorcycling. Associating themselves with racing fantasies on machines that have no real place on the road is obviously not their style.
    But ya see my bike is definitely not orientated towards sport riders (although you can ride it like this) and i consider myself a very dedicated motorbike enthusiast and also think my bike is of very good quality ,are you saying all people owning a Japanese bike are trying to live out racing fantasies ?

Bike
    2007 XB12R. 2000 M900S
    I totally agree with DMNTD, I ride with a group often who look like gangsters without patches.
    all of them work, have nice partners and familys, do there bit in the local community.
    they are all good successful people.

Bike
    2002 SV650S
    Quote Originally Posted by hospitalfood View Post
    I totally agree with DMNTD, I ride with a group often who look like gangsters without patches.
    all of them work, have nice partners and familys, do there bit in the local community.
    they are all good successful people.
    Yea i agree ,i think some people have taken this thread out of proportion ,as its got from riding with "gangs" or "clubs" to the people themselves...

Yup, I agree. People have once again taken things too far on KB.

As I said last night, not every person who wears a "patch" is a raping, drug using gangster....

On the topics question.... no I have never ridder with a bike gangster, but I have ridden with a patched rider hundreds if not thousands of times...

As I said I would trust him with my life... or put my mother on the back of his bike as well! Oh hold on... she has already pillioned with him many times!

Bike
    2002 SV650S
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni View Post
    Yup, I agree. People have once again taken things too far on KB.

As I said last night, not every person who wears a "patch" is a raping, drug using gangster....

On the topics question.... no I have never ridder with a bike gangster, but I have ridden with a patched rider hundreds if not thousands of times...

As I said I would trust him with my life... or put my mother on the back of his bike as well! Oh hold on... she has already pillioned with him many times!
    yea subjects get changed etc etc,ive ridden in south australia when the biker groups were not illegal (yes im only 18 but this was about 8 months ago) and once they have sussed you out and know your not some random arse trying to fit in they are very nice people to talk to and are not out to insult or hurt people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet250Boy View Post
    yea subjects get changed etc etc,ive ridden in south australia when the biker groups were not illegal (yes im only 18 but this was about 8 months ago) and once they have sussed you out and know your not some random arse trying to fit in they are very nice people to talk to and are not out to insult or hurt people.
    In fact in my limited experience with this, they can be very warm people... for me a person I am proud to call a freind... he is highly successful in his career, has a great family, stunning children, and does a mean steak on the bbq!

He may be an exception to the rule... I dont know, but all the pople who ride with him are the same.

There are extremes in people in all walks of life I suppose. So you need to look at people and not judge... you wont know who the good are and the bad are until you talk with them.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
    to assume that since someone rides a Harley in a group of like minded people that they must be violent,drug taking/dealing wankers...well that just pathetic and closed minded.
    Of course!

I got the impression that the original poster was talking about one of the 'ethnic' gangs, though. Hence my 'piss on grave' comment.

Also hence my first question about what patch they were wearing, which I notice wasn't answered. Some patches I don't have that reaction to.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    A while back I followed a guy who I thought was part of a ride I was on (after getting lost, again), and pulled up next to him at a set of lights to then realise he was probably a gang member (of some sort, I'm not up with the play of patches and shit) and not part of the group I was supposed to be with, but thought it was funny when I flipped up my visor and looked over at him, he looked over at me, obviously realised I was some lost chick on a bike and did the gang salute (backwards nod), then roared off when the light changed, I decided to stop following him at that point, he was probably lost too.

Thread Information