Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Too many bins

Bike
    Hornet

Too many bins

I started the who has crashed thread a few months back now. As mentioned, in this time 8 or 9 of our official / unofficial members have crashed. Today, another two riders went down (both have crashed before too).

In my opinion, today's bins came down to inexperience and a lack of concentration, but not fortunately speed. I am going to strongly recommend that our riders go to the Monday and Wednesday night "learn to ride" evenings that are held through KB for free by experienced riders.

I'll also go as far as to say that the first rider that binned should seriously think before getting back on his bike. You've crashed 3 or 4 times now and twice on separate occassions I've seen you overtake cars with oncoming cars coming straight at you. Both times you were lucky that the oncoming cars pulled over to let you through.

I may sound like a wanker saying this after you guys binned cause I know you'll already be pissed off with what happened today - but I think it needs to be said. I'm mates with a lot of you guys and don't wanna go to any funerals.

If any other KBers can offer any other practical riding programmes where our members can build up their cornering, braking, defensive driving skills etc it would be much appreciated.

I don't want this thread to turn into a finger pointing bollucking, what I want is some useful suggestions on how beginner, internediate and advanced riders can build up their skills.

Thank you.

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    RRRS course!
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    what if there isnt a course locally? im almost 100% that theres nothing here in wangas, least, none of the local riders have ever mentioned it.

but yeh... too many offs. lets try and keep the holiday rider road toll down as low as possible. listen to your guts... im often able to tell that rides gonna end bad before i even start. last time, i came close to deliberatly binning just to get it over with... ended up jammed in a fence post, which was a better result than a deliberate bin. that was months ago [a year or more now!] and i havent felt it since.

ride in such a manner that you do go home after to see your loved ones. ride in a way that will mean you get to watch them open their gifts and give you a kiss on new years.

be safe, everyone.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    "Grim Reaper"
    we may be doing the Quiet Monday Ride still waiting to hear what EJ is up to
    pm me for more details
    I've learnt to hide the pain inside, open the throttle and ride away.

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhuntin View Post
    what if there isnt a course locally? im almost 100% that theres nothing here in wangas, least, none of the local riders have ever mentioned it.
    RRRS instructors will travel to your area to run a course.
    We organised one here in HB in May, it was fantastic!
    Jump on the RRRS website to see how to go about it.
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT250R
    make that 3 bins...the third being me

Bike
    Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by carbacca View Post
    make that 3 bins...the third being me
    What? Today?

Bike
    Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by yungatart View Post
    RRRS instructors will travel to your area to run a course.
    We organised one here in HB in May, it was fantastic!
    Jump on the RRRS website to see how to go about it.
    Thank you, will do.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT250R
    yeah today...thats why you lost me for a while, kim and james found me though, had to wait 20mins for the carbs to clear before i can get going again

Bike
    Hornet
    yeah today...thats why you lost me for a while, kim and james found me though, had to wait 20mins for the carbs to clear before i can get going again
    How does the TEC crash? By the sounds you are OK. I guess you'll be signing up with me for practical lessons too then?

Bike
    S1000RR
    Join us on Wednesday. The Wednesday night ride

Quote Originally Posted by Macstar View Post
    I'm mates with a lot of you guys and don't wanna go to any funerals.
    Indeed we don't

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    -
    Macstar, you rock.

Completely agree. Too much testoterone and too little experience.

I'm a complete n00b, I've got no illusions. Therefore I try to ride accordingly.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT250R
    yeah i was wondering about that too.....

hit that M*****F****** big rock that slid of the cliff and sat smack bang in the middle of the road and lowsided at about 70kph. leathers and gloves took most of it, broke mirrors and indicators, scratched fairings the usual. got it back up and waited til it started and limped home

i have enough bits to get it back on the road but i might give riding a break in the meantime. want to give it some though wtf i did wrong, as you all probably know i am a bit of a nana rider anyways so i dunno what went wrong

Bike
    Hornet
    Just spoke to RRRS, next course is mid Jan. They suggested two bike instructors that may be able to run a special group course for us in the mean time.

Anyone know how I can get in contact with these people:

Lee Hurley & John Wright.

I'm also thinking maybe ACC might give some support for something like this.

Bike
    Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    Macstar, you rock.

Completely agree. Too much testoterone and too little experience.

I'm a complete n00b, I've got no illusions. Therefore I try to ride accordingly.
    Thanks, but look I ain't no saint or pro-rider either and am very interested in checking one of these programmes out for me too.

yeah i was wondering about that too.....

hit that M*****F****** big rock that slid of the cliff and sat smack bang in the middle of the road and lowsided at about 70kph. leathers and gloves took most of it, broke mirrors and indicators, scratched fairings the usual. got it back up and waited til it started and limped home

i have enough bits to get it back on the road but i might give riding a break in the meantime. want to give it some though wtf i did wrong, as you all probably know i am a bit of a nana rider anyways so i dunno what went wrong
    Yeah, you'd be the last person I'd expect to go down. This guts me man.

Thread Information