Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 SME newbees' ride. Sat 12 January. Meet at Botany BP 10am.

Bike
    2004 snow white, k1 beast

2008 SME newbees' ride. Sat 12 January. Meet at Botany BP 10am.

this is the first 2008 smc new riders ride!!!!!!! it well be heading south towards Kawakawa bay (did i spell it Wright??? )

great for all riders at all skill levels, those that want to go hard can do so and those that want to chill back and learn how to be safer on open roads can chill back and fallow the leader....

SAT 12th Jan 2008
    meet at Botany BP gas station
    depart time 10:30am
    destination Kawakawa bay.

hope the weather is good and hope to see as many riders as possible.

Terrorist are people too.....

Bike
    Hornet
    SOS: Get Stevo to set the pace for fear of a repeat of the last ride out that way...

P.S. You know I'll be in though!

Bike
    bucket of rusty old Italian bolts
    How long ( hours ) do you think this will be? Got to be somewhere later in the afternoon but want to come for a ride first. Kawakawa Bay isn't as far as Kaiaua right?

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    I'm in, but anyone keen to head off to botany from the uni gym, i'm lost as hell whenever i try to get there. This way anyone else in the city can also convoy. Is the rain day sunday?

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    I'm in, but anyone keen to head off to botany from the uni gym, i'm lost as hell whenever i try to get there. This way anyone else in the city can also convoy. Is the rain day sunday?
    yeah i too have no idea where the botany BP is, couldn't we meet somewhere a bit better known and maybe a bit more central?

i say uni gym

plus if i come i'll be on the fixxer, so the less riding around lost the better; that seat is going to be murder by lunchtime

Bike
    bucket of rusty old Italian bolts
    I can meet you guys at the Uni gym at 9:15, and we leave there at 9:30am will be heaps of time to get to Botany. Easy ride down the motorway and along Ti Rakau Drive. Weather looks mint for the whole weekend.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Cool i'll check my plans for friday night, might have to go out after the get together at squiggles but if not i'm down to meet at uni gym for nine fifteen on sat. Riding while hung over is a big nono plus all the leaning during riding when hungover = lol

Bike
    2004 snow white, k1 beast
    ride shouldint be that long could be back before 3pm,
    Terrorist are people too.....

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    If some people are meeting somewhere central, stop at the Botany BP too - no reason for east siders like Ehab and myself to have to go into the CBD and back lol.

Although I could go and pick ya up from your place and show you the way to the Botany BP Dushy!

Pencil me in for this, if the bandit is running by Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJafa View Post
    If some people are meeting somewhere central, stop at the Botany BP too - no reason for east siders like Ehab and myself to have to go into the CBD and back lol.
    yea we'll go that way, just we normally meet at uni as everyone knows where it is

if the ride is out on scenic drive or SH16, the likes of phurrball, twinkle and I have to do the 20-30 minutes trip to uni and then back again, but it's easier and simpler to meet at a standard place or maybe pick up riders as we go via major 'actually on our route' gas stations (like the botany one in this case, i assume)

it's just that auckland is so big that us non easties dont know where the botany BP is - it's like meeting at the henderson gull station; 5 minutes from my house, a good launch into the ranges, but no-one else knows where it is

(both my backspace and delete keys are sticking, so that was bloody difficult to write and so i'm not rewriting it to sound better)

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Actually the main reason I wanted to meet at the Botany BP is that I don't know where the gym is.

But this works too. :P

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJafa View Post
    Actually the main reason I wanted to meet at the Botany BP is that I don't know where the gym is.

But this works too. :P
    lol it's basically the bike parking on symonds st at the uni

if you were a student (being a student orientated club) you'd know, but that doesn't matter

i recall trumplady having some difficulty too lol

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    don't just goto kawakawa bay

goto kaiaua....if short on time go twilight road....

to get there....

as u come down the hill into whitford (where the bp is) there a roundabout...instead of going straight ahead and heading towards the bp.......go right at the roundabout.

get to the end of the road....go right....follow it...there a sigh that says scenic route or something....

thats twilight road...

go thru there....amazing twisties...and pop you out in clevedon..skipping maraetai etc....

which means you can goto kaiaua alot quicker and get to kaiaua and back in as much time as it takes if you take the long way along coast just to kawakawa bay.

twilight road is very tight and twisty though so take it slow if you are new to it , once u learn it it's nice.

up to you i recommend it though.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Kaiaua was pretty technical last time guys, It gets pretty hairy for noob with a month and three point five weeks riding experience lol. As in holy fuck where the fuck is a fucking straight piece of road argh lol Kawakawa bay sounds nice and tame.

Bike
    MC19
    Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    don't just goto kawakawa bay

goto kaiaua....if short on time go twilight road....

to get there....

as u come down the hill into whitford (where the bp is) there a roundabout...instead of going straight ahead and heading towards the bp.......go right at the roundabout.

get to the end of the road....go right....follow it...there a sigh that says scenic route or something....

thats twilight road...

go thru there....amazing twisties...and pop you out in clevedon..skipping maraetai etc....

which means you can goto kaiaua alot quicker and get to kaiaua and back in as much time as it takes if you take the long way along coast just to kawakawa bay.

twilight road is very tight and twisty though so take it slow if you are new to it , once u learn it it's nice.

up to you i recommend it though.
    twilight rd has just been resealed with metal chip so it aint that good for riding at the moment. A group of use were out that way on monday and had to skip it because of this, was pretty disappointing as i had heard it was a nice road to ride.

Thread Information