Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gentle ride this weekend lol (19-20 January)

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa

Gentle ride this weekend lol (19-20 January)

Hey anybody up for a cruise this weekend, nothing intense just a cruise with some fun corners to go around. I was thinking maybe out to just past kawakawa bay and then turn round and head back, it's got some nice twisties on the way there but there is no way in hell i'm going into the kaiaua twisties until i have a better handle on cornering. A learner friendly ride so all noobs are welcome! WOuld be nice to see some new riders joining in. On a random note, i'll be checking my transmission oil and pumping some brand new stuff in tonight, any signs i should be wary of apart from oh hwere the hell has it allgone and hmmm i swear there shouldn't be petrol in there lol. Oh and apart from hanne and mei, why is there no other female riders/pillions in the club?? Just wondering lol

Bike
    MC19
    I'm up for up ride on the weekend, but you gotta have it on sunday. I can't be pulling sickies every weekend.

Bike
    Phurball's Mountain Bike and CB900
    hey man i get back in to nz on the 18th nite and will need the 19th to recover from travellin so freakin long so im up for a ride on the 20th (which i think is the sunday???) hafnt ridden for 2 months so im ITCHING to get back on!!!

i cant remember which way kawakawa bay is....if its north then ill head back down with you guys but if its south ill carry through to whangamata and down to waipu??? or watever it is thats just down the coast from whangamata.....awesome roads and im lookin forward to gettin my ass back on my bike!!!
    "Rock is dead" - Jim Morrison

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    why is there no other female riders/pillions in the club??
    There are, they just dont like you

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Haha if they don't like me, they must really hate you JOKES.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Hey bomma, kawakawa is north and it's not a long ride, bout an hour out and the an hour back to auck *i think or maybe an hour and a half*, perfect for noobs like me cos it's not so technical. Hope you can make it. Yeah sunday sounds like a good day for me aye.

Bike
    Phurball's Mountain Bike and CB900
    hmmm mayb not long enough me thinks.....ill ride wif u guys till kawakawa and chill wif u there and then when u guys take off ill head up toward whangarei.......cant freaking wait matey!!! and itll be the first time i meet you D so it shud be fun!! i might be missing Big Day Out but who cares coz this is NOOB DAY OUT BITCHES!!!
    "Rock is dead" - Jim Morrison

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    Hey bomma, kawakawa is north and it's not a long ride, bout an hour out and the an hour back to auck *i think or maybe an hour and a half*
    Yeah right, its north of whangarei.
    Kawakawa bay on the other hand, is east, on the way to Kaiaua.

Go buy a map.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    haha cool so it's east, so sue me stephen, i don't know where anything is!

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    although a map would be nice...hmm think i will go buy one. DO you reckon they make pop up ones!!

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    went outside all prepared to change the oil and i can't even get the effing oil plug off lol it's put on bloody tight! i reckon it hasn't been opened since the bike was made. Will have to go get a nice spanner set tomorrow *i was using a nut wrench of the correct size but to no avail* and try again, anyone keen to lend a noob a hand and also learn the intricacies of changing two stroke tranny oil lol, think i'll go for a cruise to mission bay to chill.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    *hopes you're turning it the right way, what with it being upside down and all*

Socket sets and bars work well for tight bolts, as do torque wrenches when it comes to doing them back up

Bike
    Hornet
    Don't use shit tools you just end up rounding off nuts etc and use a torque wrench or you overtighten stuff! (Speaking from experience here). You can borrow my tools if ya want I have all the above-mentioned stuff.

Two tips for removing bitchass nuts/bolts:

1. Give them a wack with the hammer a couple of times before attempting to loosen.
    2. Loosen off when engine is cold.

Anyway, back to the ride:

Hows about a rough ride as opposed to a gentle one? I got the KTM motard back tonight after its engine rebuild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It does power wheelies in 3rd gear now!!!!!!!!

Bike
    Yamaha FZX 750 - Mini Vmax
    I'm keen to come for a cruise on the cruiser on Sunday.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Lol well if we get a group together, we can start off gently and then start ripping it up a little, again learners at back and faster guys up front! you can burn away on one wheel powersliding around corners giving the finger if want isaac, ill work on my gear shifts and lines at the back . It can be a welcome back ride for bomma *i've never met ya, but any excuse to meet a fellow biker and to ride lol*. Sweet deals isaac, do you reside near remuera by any chance, i can pootle round sometime within the next week and quickly do the switcharoo with the oil. Might need a hand with that blasted nut. Sweet deals nagash! I reckon if we meet at the uni gym for eleven..a nice suitable time, early enough but not ludicrous like meeting in botany for ten lol

Thread Information