Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ffs!

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa

ffs!

Hey dudes, as you know i changed the spark plug two days ago and it seems that it's gone and f*****d up again. The bgikes not kicking into life anymore and again i had to take the cage to work , any ideas as to why the spark plug has gone and shat itself in two days?? Starting to get real fed uo with two stroke maintenance, i look after my bike like it's a religion, i rev the nuts off her, keep her topped up with prem oil and gas. Thanks heaps.

Drider

Bike
    '08 DR650
    what oil ya using?
    Define "revving the nuts off her"

How are ya starting it? lotsa choke?

Bike
    Apriliaaah!
    Are you properly warming the bike up? My only experience with 2 strokes is off-road, but if you don't warm them up then they can foul (or worse, cold-seize).
    I told him,
    "Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?"

He said,
    "Coach, I don't know and I don't care."

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    What does the plug look like? Do you actually know it is the plug? (Remember, I said to buy two ) Two smokers. It's what they do, it's why we luvs them
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    I always let her warm up for five min in the morn before going, i'm running motul 2T 510 oil in her, and i always ride her between 10 and 12 revs when i can. On cold mornings i have the choke set to full with one click back to start her. Even on hot days she needs choke. Need to get her running hopefully today! My only form of transport, the cage im using is too gas hungry lol

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    any ideas as to why the spark plug has gone and shat itself in two days??
    Drider
    It's a Suzuki and it's a two stroke. After owning 3 suzuki 2 strokes I did myself a huge favour by
    a) Never owning another suzuki
    b) Never owning another 2 stroke.

Honestly, they're more bother than they're worth. Swap it for a boring as hell 4 stroke 125 or something. 2 strokes belong in lawnmowers and race-bikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    -
    I always let her warm up for five min
    With the choke on the whole time? Five minutes seems excessive. I start my bike, put on my gear, and ride her gently for a little bit.

Only use the choke to start the bike, then take the choke off as soon as she'll run without it. Certainly don't leave it on for a whole five minutes. That'll almost flood/foul a four stroke, let alone a two-stroke single.

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Get a CBR non of my CBR's ever needed choke to start up whether the weather was cold or hot....

Yes 5 mins on the choke is too long. Start with choke for 30 seconds then turn it off...and let it idle.
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    It's a Suzuki and it's a two stroke. After owning 3 suzuki 2 strokes I did myself a huge favour by
    a) Never owning another suzuki
    b) Never owning another 2 stroke.

Honestly, they're more bother than they're worth. Swap it for a boring as hell 4 stroke 125 or something. 2 strokes belong in lawnmowers and race-bikes.
    You know he's kinda right aye but Dushy LOVES his BIKE way too much to give a shit.

Consider getting a HONDA?

Bike
    WR250R

Different bike but...

Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    With the choke on the whole time? Five minutes seems excessive. I start my bike, put on my gear, and ride her gently for a little bit.

Only use the choke to start the bike, then take the choke off as soon as she'll run without it. Certainly don't leave it on for a whole five minutes. That'll almost flood/foul a four stroke, let alone a two-stroke single.
    My KR150 seemed to like to have the choke on for 5ish minutes. Accidentally leaving it on for much longer didn't seem to do it any harm.

Bike
    Most of my two strokes require choke for about five minutes to run cleanly. It's a two smoker thing. 'Tis why we luvs them
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    i'll pick up some standard plug today..see if i can get some that run hotter than norm. Can't afford iridiums anymore too expensive sigh...hey stephen can i run it over to your place tonight? *lol i hope you don't start charging people* Think i'll take her apart tonight and check the plug. *or anybody keen to run over for five and help figure out why she's dying on me*...like ixion said tis why we luv em *she's not getting any love at the mo tho...bad two stroke bad bad two stroke*

Bike
    i'll pick up some standard plug today..see if i can get some that run hotter than norm. ,,
    Be VERY VERY careful doing this (hotter plugs) . Much pistony pain may await.

I only use standard plugs on two strokes nowdays. My experience with irdium and platinum and octiron is variable at best.

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    My KR150 seemed to like to have the choke on for 5ish minutes. Accidentally leaving it on for much longer didn't seem to do it any harm.
    Seriously? I would've thought a stroker would be the last thing to need such a warm-up. Perhaps I should stop being ignorant and trying to apply four-stroke logic to two-strokes

Sorry. Remember I'm the guy who rebuilds his carb to try and fix ignition issues.

Good luck -- maybe it just needs MOAR THROTTLE

Bike
    '08 DR650
    i'll pick up some standard plug today..see if i can get some that run hotter than norm. Can't afford iridiums anymore too expensive sigh...hey stephen can i run it over to your place tonight? *lol i hope you don't start charging people* Think i'll take her apart tonight and check the plug. *or anybody keen to run over for five and help figure out why she's dying on me*...like ixion said tis why we luv em *she's not getting any love at the mo tho...bad two stroke bad bad two stroke*
    yer you can come round (shed is now overflowing with bikes tho)
    Bring a couple of normal plugs, none of those fancy shit ones

Thread Information